IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Smoking  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Smoking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-Tirawi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Smoking
    Posted: 26 March 2005 at 11:19am

What is the boards consensus on smoking cigarettes?  I have heard some say it is Haram based on what ever harms you is haram.

And have heard others say it is maqroo3 (frowned upon)

Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2005 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by A-Tirawi A-Tirawi wrote:

What is the boards consensus on smoking cigarettes?  I have heard some say it is Haram based on what ever harms you is haram.

And have heard others say it is maqroo3 (frowned upon)

Es_Selam'un Aleykum ve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh Brother Tirawi,

Brother,here is my view on the issue.I know from the books that it is makrooh for only looking from the one side and only imagining the name of smoking;but looking from the whole side minding with an complex mind we can easily see that regularly acting the makroohs is haram.;as an example 10 cigarettes in one day means he regularly acts the makrooh ten times a day or regularly breaks the advice of Islam ten times a day.Also from an another reference,wasting is absolutely haram in Islam and also we know from the scientific explanations that it is also haram with looking to the view of Islam on the health of human being that it  really kills the persons.

At the ancient times, scholars did not give so much fatwas about the issue because they were not knowing the real scene of the issue;but today,we have matured our minds with the help of Allah using the science with looking it's cause and shape,this is enough for knowing that it is haram;because Islam is not an history book that it does not produce new resolutions to the issues.Yes,it produces;the important thing is caring how to using the soul of Islam to the new resolutions,it needs wisdom and effort,you have to adore your hearts to the way;unless someone will come and compose a parish pray some of them don't covers their heads and mixed between the genders so like she finished all of the responsibilities in  her life came from Allah and she now tries the extras?,this is not the issue of the thread i am passing...

Today,in my city;i see the oncology centers at tevery corner of the big streets.They open like the markets increasing day by day for servicing to the cancer sufferers.Also,i lost my father from cancer by the cause of his smoke and i really know what can a smoke will cause...As you know,also addicting to a useless thing is also haram in Islam and it does not fit to a muslim who should addict to Tawhid.Irresolute,weak muslim characters who addicted to smoke is not an good scene from the outside.Allah created us for being his Representative,bold Representatives who are ready to break all their addictions inside His almighty...I am asking to the smokers;if we can't resist to being the slave of an smoke then how we will pass the exams inside the rod to heaven;more, road to the love of Allah being His slave.Please,improve your characters in the small works then Allah may say that he is ready to the conditions of this way who the last prophet walked away.Give Him i believe then He will give you too...

This is my poor view about the issue,for understanding the dirty scene of smoke,we should visit to Morocco(especially Marakech)...Allah knows the best 

Edited by Suleyman
blond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2005 at 12:11pm

No one really needs to tell us that smoking is haram. Anything that is anti-life is haram.

I smoked, but Islam cleaned me up from that. I drank, but Islam cleaned me up from that. I did drugs, but Islam cleaned me up from that.

Something in the nature of a person begins to bother them about the foul thing they do, when they begin to sincerely practice Islam. Islam brings about a positive change.

Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2005 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by blond blond wrote:

No one really needs to tell us that smoking is haram. Anything that is anti-life is haram.

I smoked, but Islam cleaned me up from that. I drank, but Islam cleaned me up from that. I did drugs, but Islam cleaned me up from that.

Something in the nature of a person begins to bother them about the foul thing they do, when they begin to sincerely practice Islam. Islam brings about a positive change.

Maash'Allah,congratulations!..welcome to islamicity webboard...

blond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2005 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by Suleyman Suleyman wrote:

Originally posted by blond blond wrote:

Maash'Allah,congratulations!..welcome to islamicity webboard...

Thank you.

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2005 at 7:36pm

Smoking is disgusting anyway

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic