IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - CHRISTIANS - What is the difference between these?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CHRISTIANS - What is the difference between these?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CHRISTIANS - What is the difference between these?
    Posted: 29 September 2012 at 3:57am

Our Father Who art in heaven
Hallowed be thy name
Thy Kingdom come
Thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven
Give us this day our daily bread
Forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass against us
And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil.

Muhsin Khan

In the Name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.
All the praises and thanks be to Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists).
The Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.
The Only Owner (and the Only Ruling Judge) of the Day of Recompense (i.e. the Day of Resurrection)
You (Alone) we worship, and you (Alone) we ask for help (for each and everything).
Guide us to the Straight Way
The Way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace , not (the way) of those who earned Your Anger (such as the Jews), nor of those who went astray (such as the Christians).

Edited by Abu Loren - 29 September 2012 at 3:58am
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2012 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

Hallowed be thy name
Thy Kingdom come

Muhsin Khan

All the praises and thanks be to Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists).
The Only Owner (and the Only Ruling Judge) of the Day of Recompense (i.e. the Day of Resurrection)
You (Alone) we worship, and you (Alone) we ask for help (for each and everything).
The Way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace , not (the way) of those who earned Your Anger (such as the Jews), nor of those who went astray (such as the Christians).

Greetings Abu Loren,

I see two things.
One exhorts to forgiveness,
and gives no specification as to who may be forgiven, but is all inclusive.

The other exhorts to enmity between people, by specifically alluding to separate peoples; Muslims, Jews, and Christians, assigning goodness to one and casting derision on the others.

Now I would have no problem with the Muslim prayer
if it was a reference to all people who have chosen to follow God's way and was simply exhorting not to follow the ways of those who are disobedient to God's Word, and all those who are astray from the ways of the Lord.
Much the same as the Israelites were told not to adopt the ways of the pagans since they were God's chosen people intended to be set apart in their behavior.  Much as the Christians are also called to be set apart by their example.

if it was not referring to specific groups of people, as I've been given to understand that to the Muslim it does.

Salaam,
Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 29 September 2012 at 4:46pm
Ghazzali View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghazzali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2012 at 4:18am
Aassalamuaalaikum. I guess the answer is pretty obvious, Abu Loren. Christians would say, the first one came from God, and the second one was copied by Muhammad (pbuh) from the bible.
The world is a dangerous place to live in, not because of the bad people, but because of the good people who does not do anything about it.
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2012 at 4:22am
Originally posted by Ghazzali Ghazzali wrote:

Aassalamuaalaikum. I guess the answer is pretty obvious, Abu Loren. Christians would say, the first one came from God, and the second one was copied by Muhammad (pbuh) from the bible.

Indeed. Astaghfirullah!
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2012 at 2:34am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

Hallowed be thy name
Thy Kingdom come

Muhsin Khan

Greetings Abu Loren,I see two things.One exhorts to forgiveness, and gives no specification as to who may be forgiven, but is all inclusive.The other exhorts to enmity between people, by specifically alluding to separate peoples; Muslims, Jews, and Christians, assigning goodness to one and casting derision on the others.Now I would have no problem with the Muslim prayer if it was a reference to all people who have chosen to follow God's way and was simply exhorting not to follow the ways of those who are disobedient to God's Word, and all those who are astray from the ways of the Lord.Much the same as the Israelites were told not to adopt the ways of the pagans since they were God's chosen people intended to be set apart in their behavior.� Much as the Christians are also called to be set apart by their example.if it was not referring to specific groups of people, as I've been given to understand that to the Muslim it does.Salaam,Caringheart

You still do not understand anything. A muslim is a person who has submitted his being to Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala. All the Prophets of God were muslims. You always try to put muslims into a tiny corner and you want to shut them up in a box. The only difference being that the Jews decided call themselves Jews and the Christians likewise.

If you grasp this basic concept your eyes will be wide open and I hope you start to understand things Insha'Allah.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic