IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Who are We ? (Revisited)  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who are We ? (Revisited)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m.sumair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2012 at 7:39am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

but I have a genuine question;
Do you profess to know how it is that governments must be run?
Didn't Muhammad take taxes from certain people in exchange for services?
If U.S. sends money to Israel it must be for a purpose, for something they are receiving in return.  Perhaps added security in the world.

Greetings Caringheart,
Yes Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) took taxes from non-Muslims while Zakat was taken by Muslims (though tax system was quite simple). Surely this is how the government runs, with the contribution of People.
Just asking out of curiosity, Is it just recent that U.S start sending money to Israel or does it dates back, even before 9/11?

I totally agree with you,

but I do know that I would wish to do what could be done to ensure that there would be no nuclear attacks made in the world.

But the race of Nuclear Arsenal should be stopped completely and I'm quite certain that you know who is far ahead in the race. Around 10000 war-heads of Neutron Bombs are at disposal of US Army. Israel is continuously advancing in war-tech, and this is quite threatening for countries that are in conflict with Israel. Now I don't understand this that, How come investing in war(Defenses) brings Peace to world(or least this region)? It creates more tension, of what I understand.

Do you profess to know about how all international exchange works?  Because I know I certainly can't make this claim

Do you mean FOREX. One currency getting strong or weak against other.
Well that depends on overall Economy, the foreign Investment in State, Employment Import n Export...thats what you meant.
So ur saying that US is providing Funds to Israel so that Israel strengthen the US Economy and hence International Exchange.

Pardon me, If i get it wrong.
Greetings Smile
m.sumair View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m.sumair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2012 at 7:51am
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

war is big business, and big business (not the Jews) to a large extent controls the American government.

I sure hope you know what you are saying, because if war is a BIG Business,
than in order to remain in profit they must do what it takes to grow the business... and war brings destruction and chaos to the lives of many.
....Keep increasing the tension and the business will grow further and further.

Lately I saw a movie Sherlock Holmes- A Game of Shadows,
the story theme was soo true...

Edited by m.sumair - 03 October 2012 at 7:53am
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2012 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by m.sumair m.sumair wrote:

Greetings m.sumair,

I appreciate your response. Smile

I would have to do research, but I believe the U.S., and many other countries, have been allies with Israel ever since its inception in 1948... and yes, this means they financially and militarily support one another... no different than the way Iran supports Syria, and all other countries do with one another according to what benefits them and their people.
"How come investing in war(Defenses) brings Peace to world(or least this region)? It creates more tension, of what I understand."
I can not say I understand this either, except that people have always had a need to defend themselves against aggressors.  Unhappy
"Do you mean FOREX. One currency getting strong or weak against other.
Well that depends on overall Economy, the foreign Investment in State, Employment Import n Export...thats what you meant.
So ur saying that US is providing Funds to Israel so that Israel strengthen the US Economy and hence International Exchange."
Well I actually wasn't referring to finances specifically, but the overall general larger picture of exchange between countries, which encompasses many aspects.  Part of this, as I addressed in my first part of this response... I think countries try to build strong allegiances with one another that will encourage and support exchange of goods... boosting economy of each country... supplying necessary and needed goods... which in turn these life links encourage the building of strong support of one another in security of the place from which you derive those goods needed to support your own people.  Any intelligently run country wants to do business with those others who can supply their needs.

Salaam,
Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 03 October 2012 at 3:29pm
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2012 at 3:23pm

Lately I saw a movie Sherlock Holmes- A Game of Shadows,
the story theme was soo true...

I am putting that in my Netflix queue to watch.  Smile
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2012 at 4:14pm

I sure hope you know what you are saying, because if war is a BIG Business,
than in order to remain in profit they must do what it takes to grow the business... and war brings destruction and chaos to the lives of many.
....Keep increasing the tension and the business will grow further and further.

That is exactly what I am saying.  It's the same on both sides of the divide: those in power maintain that power by fomenting fear and hatred of the Other.  On our side, power is mostly measured in money, while on yours, it is mostly religious; but otherwise the process is the same.

Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
m.sumair View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m.sumair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2012 at 4:03am

have always had a need to defend themselves against aggressors

True..But the "need" to defend, tends to get more Aggressive when there is a notion that says Pre-emptive Strikes. It poses constant threat, and the "need" to defend keeps on growing even more...
m.sumair View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m.sumair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2012 at 4:46am
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

[/QUOTE]

WOW!..hardcore, true but hardcore. On our side They do use Religious notions to ignite people feelings, manipulate them the way they want. They are able to do such things because most of us are ignorant of true religious practices and among us those who are learned, have less to say or do in such disturbing matters.

So here is my say: (the real reason to start the thread)

-Those People protesting at US Embassy were mostly ignorant(of the whole situation, and the Islamic values to handle this situation),these people are from among us.

-Than there were those People that uses the Religious name for their own motives and propaganda, manipulate ignorant people and be able to fulfill their mean motives. These are culprits.

Now my point is we (the learned ones) should propagate the true values of Islam, not just outside but within the Muslim community. This what we Really need to do, we should rectify the ignorance from our people. To be honest, most of these people don't really know what they are doing, They think that this is the right thing to do. So we have to beat the ignorance out of people. Once they are able to make better judgment (enlight of Islam) than they can't be manipulated by those culprits and they (and their acts) will be out casted.

But right now we have lot of work to do....No wonder that these culprits have been assassinating the Learned Personals since about a decade now. They don't want people to get the true teachings of Islam, they want us to stay ignorant.Ignorance is the worst disease of all.

Edited by m.sumair - 04 October 2012 at 4:52am
m.sumair View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m.sumair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2012 at 5:09am
My original theme of starting this thread was to share my views about our ignorance and have an input from my Muslims bros. and sis., they could have agree, disagree share/discuss their views (Ofcourse anyone can comment, as it is open forum ).

But it seems I was not able to communicate my thoughts properly and so was not able to achieve desired objective....
Anyways I did had pretty good discussion with these two fellows here and it was rationally objective.
Greetings
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic