IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Vision  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vision

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vision
    Posted: 20 September 2012 at 8:23pm
I have few vision experiences, and here I am not confusing it with vivid dreams, they are very different. One of the briefest vision I had was seeing an African woman with red dress sitting on a bench and she looks so happy. Another vision I saw a white man walking in the open market and intensely in searching for something. Both of them were so brief probably last a second or less. It's almost 10 years now and I still have it in my memory.

The longer vision was last 5 minutes or more, if I did not stop it than probably it would go on endlessly. In it I walked along the very long hallway which constantly in slight downward direction and the same view. On the left hand side they were rooms after rooms after rooms with closed doors. I was fully awake when I saw it. When I open my eyes it stop, than when I closed my eyes again the same sight continues.

That was almost 13 years ago and I never had any meaningful vision since. I wish I can control when I want to see things - than I see it, so I can work it out what it is what it was. But unfortunately it does not work that way.

Below here is a scientific research in finding the answer of what is vision. Thank God that I have the experiences first before came across this otherwise I would swoon by it. I am happy to say that Experience is my best teacher.

Have fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y02UlkYjSi0
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2012 at 7:03am
Either lucid dreams or psychosis.

A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
nothing View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2012 at 7:28am
Originally posted by Matt Browne Matt Browne wrote:

Either lucid dreams or psychosis.

Was I in such bad state? LOL

Psychosis is given to the more severe forms of psychiatric disorder, during which hallucinations and delusions and impaired insight may occur.

nospam001 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nospam001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2012 at 2:51pm

The brain is a complex organ. Even without drugs it can generate a wide range of different experiences that seem absolutely real to the experiencer. One of the most fascinating is called Geschwind syndrome, where an epilpetic seizure involving the left temporal lobe is sometimes accompanied or preceded by personal contact with whichever God one happens to believe in. One of the best-known cases was the Russian author Fyodor Dostoyesvsky, whose journals recorded 102 such seizures during the last 20 years of his life.

God has the right to remain silent. For His advocates, however, each resigned shrug is a missed opportunity to win new converts.
nothing View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2012 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by nospam001 nospam001 wrote:

The brain is a complex organ. Even without drugs it can generate a wide range of different experiences that seem absolutely real to the experiencer. One of the most fascinating is called Geschwind syndrome, where an epilpetic seizure involving the left temporal lobe is sometimes accompanied or preceded by personal contact with whichever God one happens to believe in. One of the best-known cases was the Russian author Fyodor Dostoyesvsky, whose journals recorded 102 such seizures during the last 20 years of his life.

Geschwind syndrome, also known as "Gastaut-Geschwind" is a characteristic personality syndrome consisting of symptoms such as circumstantiality, hypergraphia, altered sexuality (usually hyposexuality,).

altered sexuality?, Oh boy no, I check myself in hurry, and thank God I am still a man though LOL.
Contact with God too, no, not yet so far. Considering that I am Wahdutul Wujuder (Pantheist) so which God going to contact me? lol.
And ofcourse I never had seizure.

Oh bro, your analysis is bad, give me something else.

Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2012 at 8:57am
No, no, and psychosis is rather unlikely. No need to worry.

A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic