IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Did God turn his back on Israel and Islam?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Did God turn his back on Israel and Islam?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Did God turn his back on Israel and Islam?
    Posted: 19 March 2013 at 9:19am
Assalamu alaika Kish.

I do not know at what point it is rational experiential you comment on the Qur'an as explained by the companions of the holy apostle. I read the Bible and its commentary by Rev. Matthew Henry. When I comment I quote him.
My appeal is for those in the West to understand that not every follower of Muhammad understand the explanations of the Qur'an given by the companions of Muhammad and their students. The West must respect and  listen to those who know and can give references. As to your sayings:
Fact: The Quran does not mention that Ishmael was the child to be sacrificed. 
Fact: The principal translator and interpreter of the Qur'an is Muhammad. You do not have such books. If you have and denied, then it is unfair to hide your denial. Muhammad mentioned Ishmael.

Fact: the Quran points more towards Isaac as the child that was to be offered as a sacrifice.
The truth. That is your interpretation that cannot be supported by logical threads in the Bible.

Fact: Isaac was the 'only son' of Abraham by his wife Sarah who God made the promise to, Hagar was not around.

The truth: The Bible is clear on the where about of Ishmael when Isaac was born 16 years later.

There would be no reason for a commemoration at all, it would be to an unknown god!

The truth. You have no justification in judging on what you do not believe.

Friendship

Quran points more towards Isaac as the child that was to be offered as a sacrifice.

Fact: Isaac was the 'only son' of Abraham by his wife Sarah who God made the promise to, Hagar was not around.

There would be no reason for a commemoration at all, it would be to an unknown god!
Kish View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2013 at 8:22pm
Fact: The Quran does not mention that Ishmael was the child to be sacrificed. 

Fact: the Quran points more towards Isaac as the child that was to be offered as a sacrifice.

Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2013 at 9:37pm
Assalamu alaika Kish.

The followers of Muhammad Rasulullah commemorate the sacrifice every year in the very place the sacrifice was to be offered. This place is in Mina some 8 kilometers away from Makka. What do you do to commemorate that?

Friendship
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2013 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Kish Kish wrote:

Hasan, you haven't stated any problem yet. You are still grasping for straws, the fact still remains the same as I have stated before and shown. Ishmael was NOT part of the covenant, he never was. No wonder he is NOT stated, even in the Quran as the child that was to be sacrificed! The Bible rightly stated Isaac.

and contradicted. Read the details before. According to the Bible if any is addressed as "your only son" at any time would be before the birth of Isaac. So there you have it, the fact.
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2013 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by Kish Kish wrote:

Originally posted by caringheart caringheart wrote:

So does this mean God turned His back on them?

Them as in who, Israel and Islam or neither one? God has kept his promise that they become a mighty nation. However, his covenant was broken. It was only if they kept his covenant that he would continue to be with them as a nation. 

Hi Kish,

How many times did God say;
"I will never leave you, nor forsake you"

I am saying that it is not God who turns His back on any of His creation...
He is always inviting us to come to Him.

It is people who turn their back on God, and cause their own selves to lose His blessings.

God will never turn His back.
"Knock and the door will open, seek and you will find, ask and you will be given"

God will allow things to befall us though, when we turn our backs on Him.  He will not intervene if we are not seeking Him.

But He doesn't turn His back, does He?
Isn't He always waiting there with open arms 'if we will but turn and seek His face'? Heart

Blessings to you,
Caringheart

44 And yet for all that, when they be in the land of their enemies, I will not cast them away, neither will I abhor them, to destroy them utterly, and to break my covenant with them: for I am the Lord their God.

45 But I will for their sakes remember the covenant of their ancestors, whom I brought forth out of the land of Egypt in the sight of the heathen, that I might be their God: I am the Lord.

Edited by Caringheart - 28 January 2013 at 10:21am
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Kish View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2013 at 10:01am
Originally posted by caringheart caringheart wrote:

Them as in who, Israel and Islam or neither one? God has kept his promise that they become a mighty nation. However, his covenant was broken. It was only if they kept his covenant that he would continue to be with them as a nation. 
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2013 at 7:20am
I have just gone back and read the opening of this thread and I would say this;

the people of Israel turned their backs of God... or some of them did... I would certainly say there are those today who either, never lost their way, or found their way back.
and the people of Ishmael obviously forgot God as well, since they established the Kabba and idol worship... but then there were those who chose to follow Muhammad and believe in the one God again.

There are people in all faiths that have turned their back on God, but has God turned His back on them, or does God still invite His lost children to come to Him?  Does God wish for any of His creation to be lost, or does He offer every hope and every chance of salvation?
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2013 at 7:08am
Kish,

I don't think we can rightly say that God turned His back on Ishmael.  God did say that Ishmael too would become a mighty nation, or people.
The Hebrew scriptures give us a limited glimpse of God's plan for Ishmael and those mighty people.

Then the angel of the Lord told her, �Go back to your mistress and submit to her.� 10 The angel added, �I will increase your descendants so much that they will be too numerous to count.�

11 The angel of the Lord also said to her:

�You are now pregnant
    and you will give birth to a son.
You shall name him Ishmael,
    for the Lord has heard of your misery.
12 He will be a wild donkey of a man;
    his hand will be against everyone
    and everyone�s hand against him,
and he will live in hostility
    toward all his brothers.�

11 The matter distressed Abraham greatly because it concerned his son. 12 But God said to him, �Do not be so distressed about the boy and your slave woman. Listen to whatever Sarah tells you, because it is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned. 13 I will make the son of the slave into a nation also, because he is your offspring.�

God makes His covenant with Isaac but He doesn't exactly turn His back on Ishmael.  In fact God comes to save Ishmael and Hagar when they are in need of water, and He leads them to a land where they can live, doesn't He. 

20 God was with the boy as he grew up. He lived in the desert and became an archer. 21 While he was living in the Desert of Paran, his mother got a wife for him from Egypt.

Ishmael factors into God's plan as well.  He has his part to play.

I have thought it odd, or interesting, that the Hebrew scriptures were the only  record of Ishmael and he seems to have disappeared from the radar after leaving Abraham.  Until Muhammad, it seems no one spoke of an Ishmael, after what was written in the Hebrew scriptures.

Edited by Caringheart - 27 January 2013 at 11:49pm
Blessed be God forever
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic