IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - At Your Service, Oh Mohammad  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

At Your Service, Oh Mohammad

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2012 at 5:17pm

Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

I've finally realised that it's not worth engaging with this Ron Webb character. He twists everything we say to suit his atheist and scientific belief and he will lead the believers away from the Straight Path.

That's actually pretty funny.  If I wanted to suit my "atheist and scientific belief" I would reject both the hadith and the Quran.  Instead, for the purposes of discussion I am setting aside my atheism, and assuming that the fundamental premises of Islam are true, i.e. that Muhammad was truly the Prophet of God, through whom the Quran was revealed.

With that assumption, the Quran itself makes it clear that it alone is the "Straight Path": complete and perfect, neither requiring nor accepting a "partner" text compiled by men.

Quote He is stealthily making fun of Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) and Islam as a whole.

Not at all; but if that were my goal, I would simply quote the hadiths themselves.

Quote My advise for everybody is to just ignore him.

Yup, just run away.

"We place shields around their minds, to prevent them from understanding it, and deafness in their ears. And when you preach your Lord, using the Quran alone, they run away in aversion." Quran, 17:46

Edited by Ron Webb - 16 October 2012 at 5:22pm
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic