IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - At Your Service, Oh Mohammad  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

At Your Service, Oh Mohammad

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: At Your Service, Oh Mohammad
    Posted: 17 September 2012 at 4:46pm

Quote One Voice with Crowds, Sayyed Nasrallah: At Your Service, Oh Mohammad

For the whole world to hear, His eminence asked the crowd to repeat his words after him:

"O Messenger of Allah, my blood, family, wealth and everything I was given by God are sacrifices to your dignity, veneration and honor. Let the whole world hear these words, O Prophet, we die for you, my soul and my blood are at your service. Allah is a witness to what we say, the blood of our martyrs, the wounds of our injured, our demolished homes all witness, we will sacrifice everything for your sake O Prophet."

How can this not be shirk?

Edited by Ron Webb - 17 September 2012 at 4:46pm
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2012 at 11:30am
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

Quote One Voice with Crowds, Sayyed Nasrallah: At Your Service, Oh Mohammad

...For the whole world to hear, His eminence asked the crowd to repeat his words after him:

"O Messenger of Allah, my blood, family, wealth and everything I was given by God are sacrifices to your dignity, veneration and honor. Let the whole world hear these words, O Prophet, we die for you, my soul and my blood are at your service. Allah is a witness to what we say, the blood of our martyrs, the wounds of our injured, our demolished homes all witness, we will sacrifice everything for your sake O Prophet."

How can this not be shirk?

Indeed it is shirk. There is a muslim sect known as the 'Sufi' who pray to saints, Mohammed (pbuh) and dead people.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2012 at 1:42pm
agreed,
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

nothing View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2012 at 7:24pm
Those were just statement, not an action. Words by right is prelude of action. If this words considered Shirk therefore the people who have acted upon it too fall even greater. So it is up to the eye of the beholder.

In my opinion all of them, statements and actions are not Shirk per se just over zealous reaction.
Ghazzali View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghazzali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2012 at 6:01pm
May peace be on the guided ones.
"Narrated By Abu Huraira : I said to the Prophet "May my parents be sacrificed for you!" (Bukhari vol.1, book 12, hadith 711)
There are many hadiths like this where many sahabas (may Allah be pleased with them) uttered this statement. Firstly, it's a cultural thing among arabs. They make this statement to show respect to someone. Secondly, sacrificing life or family or wealth for Rasul Allah (pbuh) is ultimately sacrificing for Allah. It is Allah's command to be at Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) 's service So, it is not shirk.

Allah knows best.
The world is a dangerous place to live in, not because of the bad people, but because of the good people who does not do anything about it.
Usmani View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usmani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2012 at 3:18am
Condition od Faith

It is reported that the Messenger of God (PBUH) said, �None of you truly believe until I have become more beloved to him than his father, his children and all of humankind.(Sahih Muslim)

In another hadith it is narrated, �We were with the Prophet and he took the hand of �Umar bin Al-Khattab. �Umar said to Him, �O Messenger of God, you are dearer to me than everything except my own self.� The Prophet said, �No, by Him in Whose Hand my soul is, (you will not have complete faith) until I am dearer to you than your own self.� Then �Umar said to him, �By God, it is now that you are dearer to me than my own self.� The Prophet said, �Now, O �Umar.�

Edited by Usmani - 25 September 2012 at 3:20am
Engage your self in good deeds,otherswise yours nafs will engage you in bad deeds
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2012 at 4:41pm

Originally posted by nothing nothing wrote:

Those were just statement, not an action.

It was obviously a prayer, addressed to Muhammad.  That's not shirk?

Originally posted by Ghazzali Ghazzali wrote:

"Narrated By Abu Huraira : I said to the Prophet "May my parents be sacrificed for you!" (Bukhari vol.1, book 12, hadith 711)

There is a world of difference between sacrificing oneself (but not volunteering one's parents -- that is twisted!Disapprove) to protect the life of one's Prophet and commander, versus sacrficing oneself for someone already dead.

Quote Firstly, it's a cultural thing among arabs. They make this statement to show respect to someone.

You mean they are being insincere?

Quote Secondly, sacrificing life or family or wealth for Rasul Allah (pbuh) is ultimately sacrificing for Allah.

Only if you see Muhammad as a partner to Allah.  As I keep reminding Muslims, Muhammad (peace be upon him) is dead.  He can no longer be offended, and does not need protection.

Quote It is Allah's command to be at Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) 's service So, it is not shirk.

While he was alive may have been true, but common sense should tell you that one cannot provide service to a dead man.

Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
truthnowcome View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truthnowcome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2012 at 9:52pm
<>

Mr. Ron Web, Br. Ghazzali is correct, attack on Muhammad (S) integrity is attack on Allah�s Deen (Islam) that is why Nasrullah says: �are for your [Muhammad (s)] dignity, veneration and honor�. He is defending Allah�s Deen (Islam) by scarifies every thing that Allah (S) give him to defend Muhammad�s (S) integrity and not Muhammad (S); they knew he is dead. The Prophet (S) said: �If you obey me you already Obey Allah (S)� In other words, he leave a message (Islam...God�s laws) to live by and in following it is following him because he was an exemplar of Islam; His wife describe him as the walking Qur�an. Nasrallah and others knew of the campaign the Masons are waging against Islam so that their call.

TNC

LET'S SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT ONCE AND FOR ALL...NO MORE LIES!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic