IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Golden Age of Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Golden Age of Islam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ayazkhan111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2012 at 8:43am
I have not heart before what you said about two leaders. Can you quote a reference book. Thanks
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2012 at 6:28am
Originally posted by JeddahBoy JeddahBoy wrote:

I am deeply saddened by the death of Christopher Stephens.� Did he have something to do with the movie?� Did he endorse it?...It makes me think that I could be killed just for looking Caucasian.�

Christopher Stephens death was indeed a tragedy. He didn't have anything to do with the above controversy. I agree with Ron Webb's description of events. God knows who the perpetrators were, and what their agenda was. If you are looking for an Islamic perspective, it was definitely wrong!

Quote But I don't look that Caucasian and I'm Filipino.� You know, I don't see that happening in Malaysia.� I don't believe it's a perfect country, but that Islamic country has chosen to advance in ways that I truly admire.�

That is because Malaysia is alhamdulilah politically stable and not in a state of political chaos or war. There a lot of very good things about Malaysia, it is a very good example of how different ethnicities can live so tolerantly together. In order to prevent dissent and intolerance, the Govt needs to be in control. The way Malaysia has progressed in the past, it is a good role model for other muslim states too, proves that modernity and advanced goes hand in hand with Islam.

Quote I really don't know why other Islamic countries cannot follow suit.� I really don't.� Why?�

Malaysia has also been blessed with resources and an educated, diverse population. Malaysia used its diversity to its advantage. Other muslim countries are not that lucky in some aspects, they are dealing with poverty, education, wars, terrorism, natural disasters... so its not as easy as it sounds. But yes, it would be a good idea to use Msia as a case-study...

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
mjiqbalkhan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjiqbalkhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2012 at 8:05pm
It is totally false to attribute the saying to prophet Muhammad (SAW). It
was hazrat Umer who said that.  To avoid chaos and confrontation among Muslims, it is the only option. When a person has been duly elected by vast
majority of Muslims and if somebody still claims to be the leader of Muslims,
then he should be eliminated, as Quran says corruption is worse than
murder. And two leaders in a nation are clearly a source of corruption and
chaos.

Yes, we can not tolerate insults of Allah's prophets whether Moses, or
Jesus or Muhammad (peace be upon them all), like it or not.

Muhammad Javed Iqbal

Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2012 at 3:39am
Originally posted by mjiqbalkhan mjiqbalkhan wrote:

Yes, we can not tolerate insults of Allah's prophets whether Moses, or
Jesus or Muhammad (peace be upon them all), like it or not.

Muhammad Javed Iqbal

How should we react?
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2012 at 6:12am
"... then he should be eliminated, as Quran says corruption is worse than
murder ..."

To me this sounds like militant Islamism.

A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
JeddahBoy View Drop Down

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeddahBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2012 at 9:07am
Originally posted by Chrysalis Chrysalis wrote:

Malaysia has also been blessed with resources and an educated, diverse population. Malaysia used its diversity to its advantage. Other muslim countries are not that lucky in some aspects, they are dealing with poverty, education, wars, terrorism, natural disasters... so its not as easy as it sounds. But yes, it would be a good idea to use Msia as a case-study...

Yes, I know it's hard...but if we really wanted it, we could make it happen...I really do.

Countries like Japan, China, Korea, Malaysia have come from behind but are now advanced/advancing.  So other countries can follow their examples.  In my opinion, if the governments of developing countries are not conscious of these things, it's because it's not in the people's consciousness either.  So no matter how many revolutions occur, nothing will change if the people are not conscious of how to progress either. 

That's one of the reasons I started my blog.  I discuss among other things, how countries like Japan progressed.  The government is always responsible for progress.  At least the people should know what should be done by the government so the government actually performs.   

Oil and Gas are not resources? - and from the heart of the Islamic world at that.  Yes, not everyone has that....but come on...all that oil money could be put towards educational advancement and technology...not the kind that created Osama bin Laden.

I think it is great that we can discuss things like these with people all over the world.  I believe that we can solve the world's problems through education.  Please share your ideas with me on my blog: http://seekknowledgeeveninchina.wordpress.com/

Please feel free to share specific ideas to reform education, society, and the economy.

Please also check this out: http://openislamiccurriculum.com/
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2012 at 2:46am
Why is science part of an "Islamic Curriculum"? Science is about general education not Islamic or Christian education, isn't it? Science is universal. There is only one science and everyone can contribute.

A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
JeddahBoy View Drop Down

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeddahBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2012 at 3:33am
Originally posted by Matt Browne Matt Browne wrote:

"... then he should be eliminated, as Quran says corruption is worse than
murder ..."

To me this sounds like militant Islamism.

It does...religion is great if within reason...

What many people fail to understand is that even if a regime is overthrown, the existing problems don't go away with that regime - they are inherited.  From the Bolsheviks to the Arab Spring...it's the same old story.

Again...the answer being learning and education.  With the digital age the possibilities are endless and I do applaud Bill Gates and others for going forward with that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic