IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Embassy Attacks  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Embassy Attacks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2012 at 9:55am
Abuayisha,
Sorry to jump in(I know you don't like talking to me Wink), but, really what was wrong in the rationale of the last post made by Ron?
Extremism does increase by gradual steps.  It is going from simple curiosity and association to being drawn into a mob mentality.  What can also be termed mass hysteria.
I don't see bigotry in his comments, and I have seen you be more rational.Heart
Just my observation,
Caringheart

I personally think the young men in the mid east have too much time on their hands and no useful purpose.  Like someone else commented... who are all these men and what do they do for food?  Don't they have to be working?  The country needs to find ways of gearing them towards useful employment of their time and energies.

Edited by Caringheart - 16 September 2012 at 10:04am
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2012 at 10:47am
Caringheart, do you have a comment on the interview with Moez Masoud, which is the topic of this thread?  There has been a recent spark which has ignited protest across the Arab middle east and Muslim world, that Masoud offers up his critical analysis of events.  Please have a listen and comment if you'd like.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2012 at 3:21pm
Greetings Abuayisha,
I pretty much agree with what Ron has been saying.
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2012 at 3:41pm

Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

but in fact there really is no line between mainstream and radical Islam (or any other faith).
Well Ron, you hold a very extreme position, and sadly your bigotry is exactly what radical groups use when recruiting.  This thread, ideally, is for comments on the interview I posted, and not entertaining your hatred of Islam (or any other faith).

Please note that I did not say there is no difference between mainstream and radical Islam.  I said that there is no line, i.e. no clear criterion, by which one can objectively or precisely distinguish the two groups.  What one person might consider "radical" might be viewed by another as too "moderate".  As for recruiting, IMHO that is the function of these riots.  Again, one more reason to steer clear of them.

Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2012 at 6:48pm
Was that a clarification?  Interesting.  I really think any view other than your own is problematic, and specifically with respect to the Islamic community.  I invite you to finish the interview perhaps an epiphany may occur....
schmikbob View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schmikbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2012 at 8:08pm
actually, I too think Ron's view is pretty middly of the road. 
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2012 at 9:13am
Well the plaque of radicalism certainly by far impacts Muslims greater than others, therefore perhaps I shouldn't expect or be surprised at the "other" not having the care or willingness to partner with moderate - mainstream Muslims in isolating extremist. I only hope few views expressed on this forum are indeed as I've characterized them - extreme.

Edited by abuayisha - 18 September 2012 at 9:22am
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2012 at 9:43am
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

Well the plaque of radicalism certainly by far impacts Muslims greater than others, therefore perhaps I shouldn't expect or be surprised at the "other" not having the care or willingness to partner with moderate - mainstream Muslims in isolating extremist. I only hope few views expressed on this forum are indeed as I've characterized them - extreme.

I think that is exactly what "others" do want... but can Islam be reformed?  I think that is the question.  That is why I am studying the scriptures.

" I only hope few views expressed on this forum are indeed as I've characterized them - extreme."

Me too.  It is what I came on the forums to try and discover for myself, from talking to Muslims myself.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic