IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Marital woes - In a dilemma  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Marital woes - In a dilemma

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2012 at 5:49pm

Al-Raheem, may I offer a suggestion?  Ask your wife and her parents how much they would pay to have peace, friendship and a harmonious relationship with the rest of your family.  Would it be worth $20,000?  Especially if wasn't even their money?

I agree, it's a terrible waste; but after all, you did promise, and I think your parents are being very generous by not expecting your in-laws to contribute a dime towards it.  (Or perhaps they wouldn't be expected to pay anyway.  I'm not sure how it works in your culture.)

Your parents want to have a party in your honour.  They're proud of you and they want to show you off to their friends.  It's a lavish compliment -- far too lavish, in fact, but try to accept it in the spirit in which it is offered.

Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Al-Raheem View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al-Raheem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2012 at 9:17am
Thank you all for your valuable responses. Alhamdulillah the matter has been resolved amicably.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2012 at 7:24pm
Very happy to hear.  Smile
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2012 at 7:46am
Great, resolved amicably.  Gosh, can you be just a little more specific?  C'mon man, don't just leave us hanging here....what happened?Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic