IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What would this trailer bring to the West?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What would this trailer bring to the West? - Event Date: 13 September 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2012 at 8:26am
Assalamu alaika Ronn.

You said:  To call me a Muslim would be to associate me with the mobs of rioters that are currently rampaging in cities everywhere.  Unless you can agree that they are not true Muslims and do not represent Islam, then yes, at this moment I would regard it as an offense to be called a Muslim.
Response: I do not know what you believe in. But, I am not the one who called or named you a Muslim. Islam means obedience to Allah at any stage of Prophet hood so as to maintain and bring peace to the world. I am not calling you to pray five times etc. My approach is to understand that the Torah is indeed what Muhammad taught and preached.  Reflect on what Moses did when he found his brothers had worshiped the idol. His action in Exodus 34:26 is exactly Qur'an 109 and in many examples in the life of Muhammad. More specifically and in a general command Allah says in the Qur'an: 11:113, "And incline not toward those who do wrong, lest the Fire should touch you, and you have no protectors other than Allah , nor would you then be helped." So, I will never invite you to sit with the Muslim. I do not regard them as Muslims who will enter paradise. I am calling for a new social order. I am fully aware of your position if you join them.
It is utterly hypocritical for Pope Benedict XVI to call the Muslims to order. They have not done so for centuries, how can they do that today. Birds of the same feathers! Is the Qur'an not current? What other message do they need? Please tell Pope Benedict to read www//sbpra.com/allamadrsanisalihmustapha.
The Muslims lack strategy for they do not understand Muhammad's way of life. I have called them for over twenty years, but they do not believe for they have an entrenched ignorance and arrogance. There are steps to follow in achieving a common goal. This begins from education and praying the five daily prayers in the manner performed by Muhammad.  They do not how to pray! THEY OBSERVE THEIR DAILY PRAYERS ACCORDING TO THEIR TASTE.
Finally, understand that Muhammad did not secure the territories of al- Jazirah alone. His task was to uplift humanity, etc.

Friendship.

Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2012 at 8:54am
Assalamu alaika Ronn.

But how can we achieve pluralism when we do not know how one faith dovetails into the other. How can we achieve pluralism when one says the Torah is not the Bible and vice-versa and the Qur'an is not a recitation coined from the previous scriptures? How can we have pluralism when 6 billion people are not allowed to touch and read the Qur'an? How can we have pluralism when the despots are those supported with weapons to fight those who want to educate the world for peaceful co-existence?
I do not have the wealth to call for a conference between the Jews, Christians and followers of Muhammad who understood the Intention, Plan, Design, Will, Decree of the G-d of Abraham. Who has the power to put into action what is agreed on that meeting?
I am not unaware of the impossibility from the present status quo. But the moment the People of the Book understand the difference between 'Peace" and 'Facing the Ka'ba' and that 'Peace' does not necessarily imply facing the Ka'ba, that is when we can live in harmony.
The real geo-political fault line of our times is not Left versus Right or even West versus East, but freedom versus fundamentalism. The Telegraph is theoretical and not practical. I AM AN INSIDER AND I AM ASSURING YOU THAT THERE IS NO FREEDOM OF ACTION IN THE MUSLIM UMMA. THEY BELIEVE IN  LIP AND EYE SERVICES ONLY. WHEN THE TIME COMES FOR A UNIFIED ACTION THEY TURN THEIR BACKS AND ACCUSE ALLAH OF INVITING THEM TO DESTRUCTION. IT IS AN UMMA SATURATED WITH HYPOCRISY. THE HATERS OF THIS WORLD UNFORTUNATELY ARE THOSE RULING THE MUSLIM WORLD! THEY CANNOT BE DISPLACED!

FRIENDSHIP.

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2012 at 12:27pm
Greetings Friendship,
Lately I am having a great deal of trouble understanding what you are saying.

But as regards this
"Every good from Muhammad is a lie!"

My answer is No, every good thing from Muhammad came from the Judeo-Christian community.
I am beginning to see and understand that the confusion and the divide in Islam has to do with whether one belongs to a people who were introduced to Muhammad in his early years, or whether one learned and became Muslim during his later teachings.

I hope to have more to share later.  I need to go to another computer.
Salaam,
Caringheart
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2012 at 2:39am
Assalamau alaika Caringheart.

Wishing you nice holiday.

Friendship
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2012 at 2:07pm

Originally posted by Friendship Friendship wrote:

But how can we achieve pluralism when we do not know how one faith dovetails into the other. How can we achieve pluralism when one says the Torah is not the Bible and vice-versa and the Qur'an is not a recitation coined from the previous scriptures? How can we have pluralism when 6 billion people are not allowed to touch and read the Qur'an? How can we have pluralism when the despots are those supported with weapons to fight those who want to educate the world for peaceful co-existence?

We don't need to know "how one faith dovetails into the other".  You seem to think that pluralism requires or involves some kind of consensus or consolidation of faiths.  It does not.  Pluralism is simply the recognition and acceptance of the diversity of faiths.  There is no need to reconcile them.

I am a humanist; my neighbour is a Christian.  He probably thinks I am doomed to an eternity in Hell, but that's my problem.  I think he is wasting his life serving an imaginary god, but that's his problem.  In the meantime, we can still be good neighbours, and maybe even good friends.  At the very least, we can still wish each other well in our separate journeys through this life.  That is pluralism.

What do you mean by "6 billion people are not allowed to touch and read the Qur'an"?  I don't know of any country where the Quran is censored or not allowed.

Quote I am not unaware of the impossibility from the present status quo. But the moment the People of the Book understand the difference between 'Peace" and 'Facing the Ka'ba' and that 'Peace' does not necessarily imply facing the Ka'ba, that is when we can live in harmony.

The People of the Book already understand the difference.  They do not think that peace implies facing the Kaaba (in prayer).  So what do you mean?

Quote The real geo-political fault line of our times is not Left versus Right or even West versus East, but freedom versus fundamentalism.
The Telegraph is theoretical and not practical. I AM AN INSIDER AND I AM ASSURING YOU THAT THERE IS NO FREEDOM OF ACTION IN THE MUSLIM UMMA.

Yes I know, and so does the writer in The Telegraph.  That is the point.  The struggle between freedom and fundamentalism is internal to each culture.  It exists both in the Muslim Ummah (where fundamentalism seems to have the upper hand), and in the Western world (where freedom is relatively strong but Christian fundamentalism is on the rise).  However, the fundamentalists in both societies have the common goal of provoking confrontation between the religions, as in this case.

I think (and hope) that you're being too pessimistic when you say that the forces of fundamentalism cannot be displaced.  We in the West thought that was what the "Arab Spring" was all about.  Perhaps that was wishful thinking, but I still believe that freedom and democracy are inevitable in the long run.  It may just take longer than we would like.
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
truthnowcome View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truthnowcome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2012 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

Still not a word against the thousands (perhaps millions!) of fanatical Muslims destroying buildings and murdering their innocent occupants in cities throughout North Africa and the Middle East, eh? Disapprove Why not direct your message of "peace" to them?

<>

Number Of Iraqis Slaughtered In US War And Occupation Of Iraq "1,455,590"

Number of U.S. Military Personnel Sacrificed (Officially acknowledged) In U.S. War And Occupation Of Iraq 4,801

Number Of International Occupation Force Troops Slaughtered In Afghanistan: 3,183

Cost of War in Iraq & Afghanistan
$1,373,424,753,393

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/

These people are so narrow-minded if you protest for your religious believe and burn up flags and a couple of people dies is a fanatical behavior, but if you kill millions of people using drones and other means, and dropping bombs on them, and destroy their country infrastructure and occupied their land to not only steal their wealth but to establish their type of religion (fundamental capitalism) it is not fanatic, it is not even worth mentioning.

Dount you think when kill so many Muslims and destroyed their country and them now attacking their system of governance to enforce your systems (fundamental capitalism) of governance would they not react with what ever means the have to get the world attention? Those people know that it is the embassy is the spy base for them.

Br. zainool
LET'S SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT ONCE AND FOR ALL...NO MORE LIES!
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2012 at 1:52pm
Ron,
I did not expect your knowledge level to be this low when it comes to the reasons and who really is causing this warfare and systematic killings and destruction around the world in general and in the Islamic world in particular.
No doubt that Muslims are far from practicing their belief as they should, and that being one of the reasons for their present condition. But if you are unaware of the real causes behind what is going on "over there" please stay with that thinking of yours since exposing yourself to reality sometimes is hard on sincere hearts.
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 17 September 2012 at 1:59pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2012 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

Originally posted by Friendship Friendship wrote:

Then forgive me. I am sure I have expressed my views that mankind is a Muslim for the Arabic word means one who submits to the Supreme Being. Probably if I call you a Muslim you will deny that. t is not an offense for the forum addresses those with faith.

To call me a Muslim would be to associate me with the mobs of rioters that are currently rampaging in cities everywhere.� Unless you can agree that they are not true Muslims and do not represent Islam, then yes, at this moment I would regard it as an offense to be called a Muslim.

Quote Then how are you going to change their attitude if you do not know what is expected from them so as to correct them by non-violent force or otherwise? Therefore the hadith of Muhammad that you fight them with the tongue is indeed what is to be done by all.

The question is not how I am going to change their attitude.� The question is how are you going to change their attitude?� They won't listen to me, but they might listen to you.� If you think the hadith that can help you with this, then go ahead and use them; but there are also plenty of hadith and sunnah that they can use to justify their hatred and violence, as I'm sure you know.

Ron, there is nothing wrong with protesting an insult. If you were walking with your mother in a mall, and some guy insulted her, would you do anything?
So the reaction is natural and justified but what you do has to be inline with your beliefs, and of course those people have been wrong when killing innocent people and destroying property.
Can you point out to me any Hadith that you claim these people used to justify their actions for what they did?

Islam teaches justice and did so long before it came in practice here in the West, so do not associate any acts that happens "over there" as patent Islamic. And may I kindly suggest you grow out of your preconceived untrue ideas about Islam to know its true beauty and reality.
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 17 September 2012 at 2:12pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic