IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Confused?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Confused?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2012 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Mahdi The Seeke Mahdi The Seeke wrote:

Christians do not believe in Quran so whatever you quote from it is nonsense to them.

Thanks, and I completely understand that and always use Biblical quotes for them. I was responding to brother Abu Loren.
But for the followers of the Bible here is a quote:
Deut.6:4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.
Only if Christians follow this basic command they will be guided. So its them that are wrong when they worship others beside God.
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 20 September 2012 at 3:11pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2012 at 7:41pm
If they believe you follow a different God it is because of the Qur'an which you follow.
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2012 at 7:54am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

If they believe you follow a different God it is because of the Qur'an which you follow.

So you are saying that the Holy Qur'an is the Words of another God? How many times do we have to tell you that there is only ONE GOD. What makes you think that the Holy Qur'an was revealed to Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) by another god? Do you believe the Holy Qur'an is from satan?
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2012 at 12:39pm
@ Abu Loren,

I am saying that if others believe Muslims follow a different God it is because of the book that they follow.
I myself have not reached a definitive conclusion as regards the Qur'an.  It is something which God will reveal in His time.

Blessings,
Caringheart
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2012 at 3:09pm

Caringheart,
Can you show that the Quran directs its followers to a new God? Do you really think that there is more than one God?
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2012 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

Caringheart,
Can you show that the Quran directs its followers to a new God? Do you really think that there is more than one God?
Hasan

Greetings Hasan,
I can appreciate your questions.
Again, it would help if I knew if you had read my reply to Abu...

I see alot of negatives in the teaching of Muhammad.  I see that the Qur'an sets its followers against everyone and everything.  I see this as a deception to get people to have pride and arrogance, and to bear hatred towards others, instead of love.  I believe in the message of Jesus... that God is Love.

I personally believe what the Bible says...
'that we see now as through a glass darkly... then we will know in full'

Until I meet my maker face to face anything is possible.  I have an equal chance with everyone else of being wrong in what I believe.  Do I believe I am wrong?  No, because I feel God's presence strongly in His Word, and I see the wisdom in it.  I feel God in my quiet time with Him as I listen for His voice.  I see that He has been there in all the blessings of my life, along with in the trials.  I have seen lives changed.
Do I believe there is an equal chance that God calls others in other ways?  Sure, why not?  Why would our Creator be simple and one dimensional?

Again, I think the message of God to His creation is to simply love one another, care for one another, putting self aside.  I see that people of other beliefs are equally able to do this.

But regardless, what I believe is irrelevant.
What matters is how we treat one another, and what God judges in the end.  I believe the journey to God is long and varied.  I believe God is nowhere near as simple as the human mind wants to make Him out to be.

Blessings,
Caringheart

[note:  a discussion of Muhammad would be a whole other thread, but it would be a discussion I would love to be able to have openly.]

Edited by Caringheart - 26 September 2012 at 8:26pm
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2012 at 3:28pm

Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

Caringheart,
Hasan
Greetings Hasan,I can appreciate your questions.

Again, it would help if I knew if you had read my reply to Abu...

I see alot of negatives in the teaching of Muhammad.� I see that the
Qur'an sets its followers against everyone and everything.� I see this
as a deception to get people to have pride and arrogance, and to bear
hatred towards others, instead of love.� I believe in the message of
Jesus... that God is Love.

I personally believe what the Bible says...

'that we see now as through a glass darkly... then we will know in full'

Until I meet my maker face to face anything is possible.� I have an
equal chance with everyone else of being wrong in what I believe.� Do I
believe I am wrong?� No, because I feel God's presence strongly in His
Word, and I see the wisdom in it.� I feel God in my quiet time with Him
as I listen for His voice.� I see that He has been there in all the
blessings of my
life, along with in the trials.� I have seen lives changed.

Do I believe there is an equal chance that God calls others in other
ways?� Sure, why not?� Why would our Creator be simple and one
dimensional?

Again, I think the message of God to His creation is to simply love one
another, care for one another, putting self aside.� I see that people
of other beliefs are equally able to do this.

But regardless, what I believe is irrelevant.

What matters is how we treat one another, and what God judges in the
end.� I believe the journey to God is long and varied.� I believe God
is nowhere near as simple as the human mind wants to make Him out to be.

Blessings,
Caringheart[note:� a discussion of Muhammad would be a whole other thread, but it would be a discussion I would love to be able to have openly.]

Caringheart,
short memory dear friend. I do not know which Bible you are talking about. The Ones that I have are way far more violent and crude than any religious book I have ever read.
What you call negatives of the Quran are those out of context lines that you Larry and Kish often post. When we post the complete verse see it in context you change over to other things!

Do you really think that Bible does not have any negative things? All in peace and harmony all hunky dory? There is no violence nor killing of innocents, no sexual misconduct and so on?
Please let me know if your anwer is no, so I can bring to your attention which parts of the Bible you have been missing, or simply close your eyes over, or turn the page over!
Hasan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic