IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - G-D  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

G-D

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malaviijurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: G-D
    Posted: 08 September 2012 at 3:31pm
i come here today to ask in a intelligent forum some questions i have about Islam. i hope i receive with respectful answers.

first let me say i was raised christian my whole life. as of the last year i felt i needed to know the truth i prayed to g-d for the truth, i was lead to Judaism.
my prayers were granted and through Hashem i found peace and g-d as i have never known.

i understand Islam worships the same g-d of Abraham Issac and Jacob, and fully believes in the prophets.

if this is the case why do some muslims call for the destruction of israel when g-d himself says the following.
Jeremiah 30:3
Amos 9:14
isaiah 61:8-11

there are many more prophesies concerning Israel and those who follow g-ds commandments, not just Jews. these prophecies come from the same g-d we believe in.

i wish to live a quiet peaceful life and live for Hashem. why is this an issue for some muslims.

peace scott.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2012 at 8:15pm
Sorry you have not gotten any answers.  I cannot help.
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2012 at 10:00am
Originally posted by malaviijurai malaviijurai wrote:

i come here today to ask in a intelligent forum some questions i have about Islam. i hope i receive with respectful answers. first let me say i was raised christian my whole life. as of the last year i felt i needed to know the truth i prayed to g-d for the truth, i was lead to Judaism.my prayers were granted and through Hashem i found peace and g-d as i have never known.i understand Islam worships the same g-d of Abraham Issac and Jacob, and fully believes in the prophets.if this is the case why do some muslims call for the destruction of israel when g-d himself says the following.<span ="reding">Jeremiah 30:3</span><span ="reding">Amos 9:14</span>isaiah 61:8-11there are many more prophesies concerning Israel and those who follow g-ds commandments, not just Jews. these prophecies come from the same g-d we believe in.i wish to live a quiet peaceful life and live for Hashem. why is this an issue for some muslims.peace scott.

As'alaamu Alaikkum

The Children of Israel were blessed by God Almighty but they called themselves 'Jews' and excluded the rest of humanity saying that they were the only chosen people of God. Then when Moses (pbuh) was given the Torah the scribes and priests corrupted it and changed it to suit themselves. They rejected prophet after prophet, messenger after messenger, some they ridiculed and some they killed. So for all of these reasons and more God Almighty has cursed them in this life and in the next.

Sahih International
And We have already sent Noah and Abraham and placed in their descendants prophethood and scripture; and among them is he who is guided, but many of them are defiantly disobedient.
Then We sent following their footsteps Our messengers and followed [them] with Jesus, the son of Mary, and gave him the Gospel. And We placed in the hearts of those who followed him compassion and mercy and monasticism, which they innovated; We did not prescribe it for them except [that they did so] seeking the approval of Allah . But they did not observe it with due observance. So We gave the ones who believed among them their reward, but many of them are defiantly disobedient.
O you who have believed, fear Allah and believe in His Messenger; He will [then] give you a double portion of His mercy and make for you a light by which you will walk and forgive you; and Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.
[This is] so that the People of the Scripture may know that they are not able [to obtain] anything from the bounty of Allah and that [all] bounty is in the hand of Allah ; He gives it to whom He wills. And Allah is the possessor of great bounty.
Ghazzali View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghazzali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2012 at 5:13pm
May peace be on the guided ones. I think this is one of the biggest misconceptions that is there regarding muslims. When muslims call for the destruction of Israel, they mean the STATE OF ISRAEL, a political entity created in 1948, and NOT THE LAND OF ISRAEL, the geographical entity that has been there for millions of years. In all the religious scriptures, Torah,Injil (Bible), and Qur'an, Allah has mentioned about the land of Israel. Obviously, these scriptures were sent thousands of years before the State of Israel was created in 1948. So, Allah has never said that the STATE OF ISRAEL is a holy country or a blessed country.
We never want any innocent man, woman or children killed, whatever their ideology is. 18% of the population of Israel are muslims. If we meant we want to destroy all people of Israel, then we would have to kill those muslims also. Obviously, it is not what muslims want. We just want the abolishment of the illegal State of Israel, and the establishment of the legal State of Palestine, where jews, muslims, christians and atheists will live together. We always loved and respected the LAND OF ISRAEL, and we do believe it has been blessed by Allah.

Edited by Ghazzali - 24 September 2012 at 5:16pm
The world is a dangerous place to live in, not because of the bad people, but because of the good people who does not do anything about it.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2012 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Ghazzali Ghazzali wrote:

May peace be on the guided ones. I think this is one of the biggest misconceptions that is there regarding muslims. When muslims call for the destruction of Israel, they mean the STATE OF ISRAEL, a political entity created in 1948, and NOT THE LAND OF ISRAEL, the geographical entity that has been there for millions of years. In all the religious scriptures, Torah,Injil (Bible), and Qur'an, Allah has mentioned about the land of Israel. Obviously, these scriptures were sent thousands of years before the State of Israel was created in 1948. So, Allah has never said that the STATE OF ISRAEL is a holy country or a blessed country.
We never want any innocent man, woman or children killed, whatever their ideology is. 18% of the population of Israel are muslims. If we meant we want to destroy all people of Israel, then we would have to kill those muslims also. Obviously, it is not what muslims want. We just want the abolishment of the illegal State of Israel, and the establishment of the legal State of Palestine, where jews, muslims, christians and atheists will live together. We always loved and respected the LAND OF ISRAEL, and we do believe it has been blessed by Allah.

Tell me then, what do you think happens when Ahmadinejad finally creates a nuclear weapon... Will he care about the Muslims living in Israel, and all the surrounding area that will be affected,  when he drops it on Israel to eliminate the "state"... Does he care what happens to those Muslims living there or is he just blinded by his hate and his ideology much the same as H-ler was?
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2012 at 3:31pm
Caringheart,
you portrayed as if you confirmed with him that he will do what you say. What is your proof?
On the contrary, it is Israel that is threatening to attack Iran, isn't it?
And what makes them think that only they have hte right to have N. weapons? why others cannot have them.
Also, it is Israel that has committed worse atrocities to it's Muslim population ever since it took power, worse than even Hi-ler did.
Do anyone see any moral decline of them or their supporters.
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2012 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

Caringheart,
you portrayed as if you confirmed with him that he will do what you say. What is your proof?
And what makes them think that only they have hte right to have N. weapons? why others cannot have them.
Also, it is Israel that has committed worse atrocities to it's Muslim population ever since it took power, worse than even Hi-ler did.
Hasan

Let me ask you Hasan,
What if you lived in a small little state like Israel and these threats were being made against the country in which you lived?  What would you wish your government to be doing?  Would you wish to know that your security was being protected?
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2012 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

Caringheart,
Hasan
Let me ask you Hasan,What if you lived in a small little state like Israel and these threats were being made against the country in which you lived?� What would you wish your government to be doing?� Would you wish to know that your security was being protected?

Caringheart,
I am not sure what your question has to do with G-d, the topic?
Anyway, it seems either you do not know the history and current affairs or you pretend to look other way! people on that side of the world know more about what is going on than our average Joe here! You seem to act like that Joe as if you believe what you are being told night and day. A lie does not turn into truth because it is repeated million times over and over on paid media.
Hasan

The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic