IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - G-D  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

G-D

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: G-D
    Posted: 06 October 2012 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

There is not such thing as Free media.

I'm not sure where you live, but the media in the US and Canada is for all practical purposes free (in the sense of being uncensored).� If nothing else, the Internet pretty much guarantees the free exchange of information for those countries where Internet access is generally available.

You may be confusing "free" with "unbiased".� It is difficult if not impossible to find a media organization, especially a commercial one,�that could not be accused of bias.� They are free to publish whatever they like, but their choices of content and the perspectives they offer are usually limited in some way.

Ron,
we all might have different interpretations of words "Free Media". For me free media means the one free of influences of any kind when it reports anything to the general public. In US, where I live I do not see any single media source that is not under some kind of influence, sometimes it's of the owner's, sometimes it's of those who fund it, sometimes it's of those who run it.   
In the whole world these days the media is used as a tool, to promote, not necessarily truth but agendas. Truth is used only to the point where it helps those agendas, when it does not, it's absent!
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 06 October 2012 at 3:01pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2012 at 2:51pm
Greetings Hasan,

Might I invite you to do as I did today... get a look at the big picture;

Google 'Christian persecution', 'Muslim persecution', Hindu persecution', Buddhist persecution'....  ignoring Wikipedia and looking at other sources... look for current news.

Salaam,
Caringheart
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 8:50pm

There is not such thing as Free media.
I'm not sure where you live, but the media in the US and Canada is for all practical purposes free (in the sense of being uncensored).  If nothing else, the Internet pretty much guarantees the free exchange of information for those countries where Internet access is generally available.

You may be confusing "free" with "unbiased".  It is difficult if not impossible to find a media organization, especially a commercial one, that could not be accused of bias.  They are free to publish whatever they like, but their choices of content and the perspectives they offer are usually limited in some way.
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 5:08pm
Greetings Hasan,

" I personally have to go through a lot of different sources from around the world to get a better perspective."

I agree.  Me too, but sadly many people do not do so, and many just do not have the time for it.

As far as news not reported, there is lots not reported about persecution of Christians around the world too.  Do we ever hear of things happening to the Hindu's or Buddhists.  Mostly the news that gets reported is the news the media thinks people are interesting in hearing about... things that affect them directly... like weather, economy, jobs, elections... things that will get people to tune in or to buy a paper or magazine.
There is only so much that can be fit on the evening news.  Probably for the most part media in the west tries not to promote unrest.  While I think the news reporting in the mid-east does precisely the opposite.  I think it promotes hostility towards the world... to direct attention away from its own government and its own problems.

Salaam,
Caringheart
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 3:51pm
There is not such thing as Free media. You can say that media is more free than there, but its all relative. I personally have to go through a lot of different sources from around the world to get a better perspective. There is a media in the east that I have more respect for, it is RT.COM not that they are the truth but because what news you see being suppressed here you might find it covered better there. You have to scan all the sources and then determine best guess. Truth is being suppressed everywhere these days.
For example, we did not know about Joplin mosque burned to the ground here in the US. Or the Toledo mosque's fire attack recently. Many of you did not see these news anywhere, neither did I at first. But on the other hand you get the news of a church attack in Pakitan or somewhere there on all news outlets, why?
Bad acts of all deserve same attention and condemnation.
The real truth only Allah knows and will show us one day (of Allah matters that matter us)
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2012 at 1:54pm

A lie does not turn into truth because it is repeated million times over and over on paid media.
Hasan

Where does free media exist... east or west?
Where are you more likely to find truth?
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2012 at 3:55am
It seems that some people are mixing the political with the religious. Keep them seperate and you will have a clear view of things Insha'Allah.
Ghazzali View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghazzali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2012 at 8:21pm
Aassalamualaikum Hasan.

instead answering to your question, I got tangled with Caringheart.

Ha ha ha, that's why she is here in this forum. To spoil any good debate. She sends me private messages and I send them straight to the trash without even reading it. I don't read her posts anymore. Just ignore her. I suggested her to spend her time on answering-islam.org. Let her waste her time there. Ha ha ha.

"So leave them to plunge in vain talk and play about, until they encounter that Day of theirs which they have been promised!The Day whereon they will issue from their sepulchres in sudden haste as if they were rushing to a goal-post (fixed for them),  Their eyes lowered in dejection, ignominy covering them (all over)! such is the Day the which they are promised! (Qur'an, 70:42-44)
The world is a dangerous place to live in, not because of the bad people, but because of the good people who does not do anything about it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic