IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Stories - How I Became Muslim?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - help please  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

help please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help please
    Posted: 01 November 2005 at 9:35am

Bismillah,

May Allah, SWT, guide you and keep you, Jess.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
y4k1n View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote y4k1n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2005 at 9:22pm

assalamu'alaikum

Dear sister,welcome  to the fold of Islam. May Allah the Almighty help you get accustomed to this new life and abide by the rules of this religion, revealed to guide mankind.
Islam,  does not demand that Muslims live in social isolation; rather it urges us to be interactive and proactive. Islam requires of every Muslim to be a good example and a means for Islam's light to reach others. That�s why we see that as it stretches its arm to embrace every newcomer, welcoming him/her to its fold, Islam covers that person with its radiating light. But it does not cut off his/her relations with others, i.e with those who have not yet made up their mind or those who prefer to stay out of the Islamic fold. Rather, part of what makes one a true Muslim is to strive hard for the message of Allah to reach all people. But this should be done through good manners, wisdom and an approach using logic.
A key part of this is the Muslim�s relation with his non-Muslim family, relatives, friends, neighbors etc.,. He should deal with them on the basis of justice and righteousness. Your conversion to Islam does not cut your family bonds, especially to your parents. Even if they happen to be non-Muslims, you still owe them rights of obedience and dutifulness. You must still care for them and pray for their guidance. You never know, perhaps Allah will make you the cause of their embracing Islam.

Thus, in the light of these teachings, renowned Muslim scholars have made it clear that being a Muslim does not mean that a person has nothing to do with his/her non-Muslim family or relatives, even if they turn hostile to him because of his conversion to Islam. We need to strengthen our relations with all people for through this we will be able to reach out to them, conveying Allah�s message and trying to make them understand Islam.

hope this can help.

wassalam

ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2005 at 5:45am

Assalamu alaikum Sister,

This path will not be easy for you, but, put all your faith in Allah.  When I reverted, I lost all my family and friends.  They would not accept me as Muslim.  I continued to treat my family (especially parents) with love and kindness.  Over the years, they have learned to have great respect for my courage and conviction in my faith - they still hate that I am Muslim.

This life is a test, dear, the only opinion that counts is that of Allah!  Pray, and put your trust in Allah.  Keep to your religious duties.  Stay friendly and loving and kind to your family, no matter how they treat you.  May Allah reward your good deeds and good intentions.  And may Allah grant you much courage and patience.

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
cartersmama View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cartersmama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2005 at 11:58pm

Alsalamalakum!  I am a white married, mother. My husband, thank Allah, is very suportive. He is a hispanic agnostic man. In shalla, our son, subhannalah, just had his first birthday, will see how my choice to be a muslim has positively impacted our lifes.

I am very thankful to be a woman but in one instance I am not so thankful and that is it would be easier not to confront my families bout my reversion but I am a woman to i cover up. It make my beliefs plainly visible. I have only been a muslim for a few months now. Sooner or later my (extream excited to be a "born again christian") inlaws will see me out and about and covered. Also I am to visit my family for Thanksgiving and all of religion is a taboo subject with my parents, and the rest of my family is very conservative. I don't feel I am ready to answer some of their posible more probing questions.

I have debated not covering my hair while I am down there but that is a sin anyhow, plus we are moving there later this year and I eventully have to face this. But boy o boy I don't want to.

I know I need to be strong but has anyone else been in this situation, were you fear losing your families respect, since they regard religion as a means for the desperatly ignorant?

thanks

Jess

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic