IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Petition to Release Rimsha Masih  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Petition to Release Rimsha Masih

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Petition to Release Rimsha Masih
    Posted: 29 June 2013 at 1:03pm

Update:

Pakistani girl accused of blasphemy now living in Canada
Rimsha Masih and family at undisclosed location in Toronto
by Laura Lynch, CBC News Posted: Jun 29, 2013 8:50 AM ET

The family made the secret journey to Canada just weeks ago � arriving at an undisclosed location in Toronto, according to Peter Bhatti, who runs a Christian organization that is helping them settle in Canada.

Bhatti says that Masih, her parents and her brother and sister had to leave Pakistan in order to have safe, secure lives.

Bhatti said the girl and her family have been granted special permission by the federal government to live in Canada and that they are all relieved and happy. He said the 14-year-old is thriving in her new home.

"She is doing wonderful. She is studying in school, every day, she going to school, she is learning, she is starting talking more," he told CBC's Laura Lynch.

Welcome to Canada, Rimsha!  I'm glad we could help.

Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2012 at 6:28am
Whenever something embarrassing happens, the conspiracy machine behind the scenes gets turned on. And the Internet is a great multiplier. Members of the world's best religion can't make embarrassing mistakes or commit terrible crimes. Muslims were found faultless. As always. When the CIA destroyed the twin towers, Muslims were found faultless as well. We all know that.

A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2012 at 2:15pm

Originally posted by mjiqbalkhan mjiqbalkhan wrote:

So they make up stories like Rimsha. She has been released and when
photographers took her picture, they found that she was a 25 year old
woman, not an eleven year old girl.

I was going to ask for your evidence for this ridiculous claim, but don't even bother.  I doubt that you understand the concept.

Quote Alhamdo Lillah Islam has proved right and Muslims were found faultless.

Well, actually:

Cleric found guilty in Rimsha Masih 'blasphemy' case

Agencies : Islamabad, Fri Sep 21 2012, 14:04 hrs

A high-powered team investigating the Rimsha Masih ''blasphemy'' case has found the cleric of a mosque guilty, and has declared Rimsha as innocent due to lack of evidence.

The police have now found cleric Khalid Jadoon Chishti guilty of hatching conspiracy against Rimsha who was arrested by the Islamabad police on the former''s complaint, reports The News.

The case took a new turn when a witness said in his statement before the police that the Chishti had added some burnt pages of the Holy Quran to execute his plan to expel the Christian community from the locality, police sources said.

Two other witnesses confirmed the statement, police sources said.

mjiqbalkhan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjiqbalkhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2012 at 1:54am
It was a bogus story made by Evangelic Christians. The Bible prophesies
that the believers will be persecuted and tried by faithless people.

It so happens that Muslims and only Muslims are being tried and
persecuted from Philippines to Chechnya and from France to LA.

So they make up stories like Rimsha. She has been released and when
photographers took her picture, they found that she was a 25 year old
woman, not an eleven year old girl.

Alhamdo Lillah Islam has proved right and Muslims were found faultless.

M J  Iqbal Khan 
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2012 at 2:21am
I hope that one day in the future all lawmakers in the world will no longer consider blasphemy to be a crime. And I hope that one day all Christians and Muslims are so strong in their faith that it cannot be shaken by childish behavior. Insults are only insults if you allow them to be.

In this case it seems that the child is even innocent and was probably framed by an evil person.

Edited by Matt Browne - 11 September 2012 at 2:23am
A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
thomaslee View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thomaslee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2012 at 8:06pm
Hi IIP  .  I also want to thank you for posting and i also signed the petition .  I pray one day we will not need this kind of action but until that day we must keep working .Cool  Peace unto you !
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2012 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by nothing nothing wrote:

You were commenting of what people in the street stood for in defending their leader with question: What is wrong with this people?, therefore I gave you examples what the people in the street think. Those three presidents won the elections yet there are people in the streets who refused to accept that reality.

Well, it does make a twisted kind of sense.  They can't accept reality, and they can't change it.  They can't attack the real causes of their frustration, most of whom are far away and unreachable; so instead they take their revenge on those in their midst over whom they do have power, even if they are innocent children.  Is that the idea?
nothing View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2012 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

I am not sure what point you are trying to make with this list of non sequiturs.  If you're implying that this could happen anywhere, then I'm sorry but you're just plain wrong.

You were commenting of what people in the street stood for in defending their leader with question: What is wrong with this people?, therefore I gave you examples what the people in the street think. Those three presidents won the elections yet there are people in the streets who refused to accept that reality.

Than I refocus to the main source of all this mess, the unknown "muslim lady" which was in the link you provide, and your response was:
Quote Probably Ammad's mother, but why pick on her?

Ok than.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic