IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Which type of music do you like to listen  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Which type of music do you like to listen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2012 at 5:39am
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

Music is from satan and it takes away from the remeberance of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala.

Does the Quran say so, or is that just your opinion?
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2012 at 2:33pm

Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

When I hear Jewish music it calls to something deep within my soul... an ancient stirring of something deep within me... a calling to my ancestral spirit?  I can feel the same thing when I listen to music from Ireland.  When I listen to Hebrew music the language seems so similar to the sound of the German language... and yet the Germans wanted to exterminate the Jews... ancient brothers?
When I listen to Arab music it sounds so similar to the Jewish celebratory spirit of music... brothers... and yet some want to annihilate the Jews?
We are all interconnected.  We all come from one, and from a same source... it calls to our spirits when we let it.
They say that DNA evidence shows that all of life began in Africa and dispersed from there.
We are all interconnected.
Music can be a great embracer and unifier of spirits... if we let it.  Smile
Music has the power to reach the inner depths of our spirits... to bring out our commonality... if we are willing.

Music is from satan and it takes away from the remeberance of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala.

Sad that you think so.  God obviously didn't think so.  God was pleased with David and his music.
Now, satan can use music... just as he can use all good gifts from God to lead us astray if we are not discerning in what we allow.
Why would God give us the ability to create music if He was against it?  Why would He give beautiful voices?
Why would He give the vibrations of sound waves and intelligence to create instruments?
Are these not gifts from God to be used for God?

But as I'm sure that I've said in a previous post... by all means if anyone thinks music will lead them away from God then they should stay away from it... but I see also that music can draw one nearer to God.

Not everyone needs music... but there are those that do.  It's all in the brain wiring.
Idil View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Idil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 3:37pm

MUSIC IS HARAM!

I was thinking the same. Don`t get me wrong, I know that most of us probably listen music sometimes but starting a post about it is another game. There is no benefit in discussing and encouraging each other to do the haraam.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 7:04pm
I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here, but I just watched a program on the Moors of Spain and music was very much a part of the Islamic culture there.  In fact it was part of the arts which they took pride in.  So why not now?  Why, or when, or how, do you think this tradition changed?  Was it simply a tradition and part of the culture of Spain which the Muslims adopted?
chhodapt View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chhodapt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 10:43pm
I usually listen to worship music. Seldom with other types.
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2012 at 2:55am

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here, but I just watched a program on the Moors of Spain and music was very much a part of the Islamic culture there.  In fact it was part of the arts which they took pride in.  So why not now?  Why, or when, or how, do you think this tradition changed?  Was it simply a tradition and part of the culture of Spain which the Muslims adopted?

Music, singing and dancing is very popular throughout the Muslim world. Belly dancing, praticularly comes to mind. Contrary to popular belief, not all muslims are god fearing and pious people. Millions of Muslims are apostate, atheists etc. And millions more do not practice the Sunnah of the Prophet (pbuh).
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2012 at 8:31pm

Music, singing and dancing is very popular throughout the Muslim world. Belly dancing, praticularly comes to mind. Contrary to popular belief, not all muslims are god fearing and pious people. Millions of Muslims are apostate, atheists etc. And millions more do not practice the Sunnah of the Prophet (pbuh).

If your words are correct then even the earliest Muslims were apostate?  not true believers?
It seems according to what you say then, that there are many who call themselves Muslim who are not true believers.

It raises an interesting question.

So how then does one distinguish an unbeliever?

Obviously being a Muslim does not make one automatically a "believer", just as being a Christian, or a Jewish person, does not make one an unbeliever.

Yet if Muslims were to come into rule, would they make this distinction?  Would the Muslim unbeliever be treated the same as any other considered to be an unbeliever, or would all Muslims be treated as believers?

Edited by Caringheart - 13 September 2012 at 8:35pm
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2012 at 3:42am

If your words are correct then even the earliest Muslims were apostate?� not true believers?It seems according to what you say then, that there are many who call themselves Muslim who are not true believers.It raises an interesting question.So how then does one distinguish an unbeliever?Obviously being a Muslim does not make one automatically a "believer", just as being a Christian, or a Jewish person, does not make one an unbeliever.Yet if Muslims were to come into rule, would they make this distinction?� Would the Muslim unbeliever be treated the same as any other considered to be an unbeliever, or would all Muslims be treated as believers?

[/QUOTE]

If your words are correct then even the earliest Muslims were apostate?� not true believers?

What are you talking about? The earliest true Muslims who believed and followed the Prophet abstained from all forms of music and singing. There were also non-believers who carried on the tradition of music and singing.

It seems according to what you say then, that there are many who call themselves Muslim who are not true believers.

A person who calls himself a Muslim is not automatically a believer, a believer is a person who has submitted him/her self to Allah and implemented the five pillars of Islam in their lives. Also to put simply a Muslim who does not pray five times a day is not technically a Muslim.

It raises an interesting question.So how then does one distinguish an unbeliever?Obviously being a Muslim does not make one automatically a "believer", just as being a Christian, or a Jewish person, does not make one an unbeliever.

I don't know why you have a hard time understanding this. Not everyone who are born into a Christian family are true Christian. A true Christian believes in Jesus and goes church, pray etc. The same in Islam.

I'm not going to answer the Muslim rule rubbish.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic