IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Ezekiel  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ezekiel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ezekiel
    Posted: 18 August 2012 at 8:42pm
I have another question as I am reading and studying.  I read this tonight;
"Egypt
 Muslims and Jews involved in common devotions, such as visiting the grave of Ezekiel, whom both religions regard as a prophet."
Muslims do regard Ezekiel as a prophet? 

Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2012 at 4:34am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

"Egypt
 Muslims and Jews involved in common devotions, such as visiting the grave of Ezekiel, whom both religions regard as a prophet."

Yes, All the prophets mentioned in the Bible are prophets of God and Muslims believe in them.

Ezekiel is not mentioned by name in the Holy Qur'an but the following verse tells us that ALL prophets of God are revered.

Sahih International
Say, [O believers], "We have believed in Allah and what has been revealed to us and what has been revealed to Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the Descendants and what was given to Moses and Jesus and what was given to the prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and we are Muslims [in submission] to Him." 2:136
Al Saadiqeen21 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Saadiqeen21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2012 at 2:24pm

"Egypt

The Holy Qur'aan and the Bible have the same Prophet's '' Yes '' !
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2012 at 1:02pm

I have another question as I am reading and studying.� I read this tonight;
"Egypt�Muslims and Jews involved in common devotions, such as visiting the grave of Ezekiel, whom both religions regard as a prophet."
Muslims do regard Ezekiel as a prophet?�

Ezekiel in the original Torah.Not the one in Ezekiel 23.
nothing View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2012 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Al Saadiqeen21 Al Saadiqeen21 wrote:

"Egypt

If I am not mistaken in Judaism Sulayman is not regarded as a Prophet, but you need to verify it yourself.

Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Saadiqeen21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2012 at 7:15am
Originally posted by nothing nothing wrote:

Originally posted by Al Saadiqeen21 Al Saadiqeen21 wrote:

"Egypt

If I am not mistaken in Judaism Sulayman is not regarded as a Prophet, but you need to verify it yourself.

First  ( Judaism / Christianity / Islaam ) have diffrent Sect / Denomination / Doctrine . Which are all man made , Nowhere in any of these Holy Scripture does the Creator say create your own thing .

The meaning of the word ( Prophet ) webster's dictionary is as follow ;

1 . a person who speaks for the Lord , or as though under divine guldance
2 . a religious Teacher or Leador regarded as , or cliaming to , divinely inspired

3 . a spokesmen for some , group movent , etc . a person who predicts furure events in any way .

The Roget's Thesaurus's defintion is as follows ;
1 . a prophet is a predicter , forcaster , foreteller , seer , foreseer , or a soothsayer .

Ezra son of Seraiah and Bilhatu , Zechariah son of Idde and Hafshy , Israel son of Rebecca and Isaac , Moses son of Amran and Jochebed , Just to name few .

Actuated by a divine affiatus , or spirit , either rebuked the conduct of Kings and nation , or predicted future evenys .

Kings 22 ; 7 , Where It States ; And Jehosaphat said , is there not here A Prophet of the Lord besides , That we might inquire of him .

Judges 6 ; 8 , Where It States ; That the Lord sent A Prophet unto the children of Israel , Which said unto them , Thus said the Lord Allah of Israel I brought you up from Egypt , Andbrought you forth out of the house of Bondage .

In Arabic the word Prophet breaks down as follows ;

One who acquaints or informs men , or who is acquainted or informed respecting Allah and the unseen .

Nabiy - arabic - ( Prophet ) is one who has received direct inspiration < Wahy - arabic > by means of an Angelic Being , or by the inspiration of the heart < Ilhaam - arabic > or he has seen the working of Allahu Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala in a dream . A Prophet was primarily a person who played a leading or active part in instilling the belief and morality that is expected by Allah Subhaanahu Wa Ta'Ala in the hearts of the people .

They were know to foresee disaster and also to console the people . He may bring new Laws and interpret them ot fulfill Old Laws and guide man into the light of goodness and righteousness ..

This is How I see things , If you see it another way more power to you !

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2012 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by iec786 iec786 wrote:

"Egypt Muslims and Jews involved in common devotions, such as visiting the grave of Ezekiel, whom both religions regard as a prophet."

How do I access Ezekiel in the original Torah?
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Saadiqeen21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2012 at 10:22am

Originally posted by iec786 iec786 wrote:

"Egypt Muslims and Jews involved in common devotions, such as visiting the grave of Ezekiel, whom both religions regard as a prophet."

How do I access Ezekiel in the original Torah?

Ezekiel 2 ;And he said to me, "Son of man, I send you to the people of Israel, to a nation of rebels, who have rebelled against me; they and their fathers have transgressed against me to this very day. 4 The people also are impudent and stubborn: I send you to them; and you shall say to them, 'Thus says the Lord GOD.' 5 And whether they hear or refuse to hear (for they are a rebellious house) they will know that there has been a prophet among them. 6 And you, son of man, be not afraid of them, nor be afraid of their words, though briers and thorns are with you and you sit upon scorpions; be not afraid of their words, nor be dismayed at their looks, for they are a rebellious house.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic