IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - CHRISTIANS:DONT WASH YOUR HANDS  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CHRISTIANS:DONT WASH YOUR HANDS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Mahdi The Seeke View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CHRISTIANS:DONT WASH YOUR HANDS
    Posted: 09 August 2012 at 2:48pm
Matthew 15   New International Version (NIV) That Which Defiles   15 Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked, 2 �Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? They don�t wash their hands before they eat!�   3 Jesus replied, �And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? 4 For God said, �Honor your father and mother�[a> and �Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.� 5 But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is �devoted to God,� 6 they are not to �honor their father or mother� with it. Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. 7 You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you: 8 ��These people honor me with their lips,     but their hearts are far from me. 9 They worship me in vain;     their teachings are merely human rules. �[c> � 10 Jesus called the crowd to him and said, �Listen and understand. 11 What goes into someone�s mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them.�   12 Then the disciples came to him and asked, �Do you know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this?� 13 He replied, �Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by the roots. 14 Leave them; they are blind guides.[d> If the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.�   15 Peter said, �Explain the parable to us.�   16 �Are you still so dull?� Jesus asked them. 17 �Don�t you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? 18 But the things that come out of a person�s mouth come from the heart, and these defile them. 19 For out of the heart come evil thoughts�murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. 20 These are what defile a person; but eating with unwashed hands does not defile them.�

What a gem. Guess 'God' aka Jesus did not know about cholera, ebola, dysentry etc.

PS: two wrongs do not make a right.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic