IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - CHRISTIANS:YOU ARE NOT ISRAELITES  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CHRISTIANS:YOU ARE NOT ISRAELITES

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 34>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Larry View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CHRISTIANS:YOU ARE NOT ISRAELITES
    Posted: 05 March 2013 at 3:14pm
Friendship,

The only "labyrinth" here are your evasions and non-answers to my specific statements. You proceed from the notion that my religious beliefs are a "labyrinth" that needs to be "straightened" somehow, I assume this means that "labyrinth" is Judaism and/or Christianity, and will only be "straightened" by accepting Islam. The idea that the "creator has many faces and sides" is simply an attempt to rationalize beliefs that are not defensible from a scholarly point-of-view. God Himself is One and has no "faces and sides" such as those of pagan idols and revisionist beliefs that seek to portray Him as something other than the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. You, and some other, Muslims on this forum simply say or imply that "truth" is based on belief in Islam and any other belief is simply incorrect, based on their own faith, not an scholarly debate on the merits and discrepancies between the Old and New Testaments and the Qur'an.
   As I have said, I am content to recommend that anyone having religious questions as to Christianity and Islam should carefully read the Old and New Testaments and also the Qur'an and then make up their mind as to which "book" is the true message of God. Surely that is acceptable to you as a dispassionate contributor to this "forum?"

Larry

Edited by Larry - 05 March 2013 at 3:20pm
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2013 at 3:44am
Salaam.

Good Larry! You have defined your self very clear and the labyrinth you have twined cannot be straightened except by you. It is correct that you believe in the creator of the heavens and the earth. However that creator has many faces and sides. If that is the case there is no need for this forum for it cannot achieve or solve anything. Let us follow the simple rule of like poles.

Friendship.
Larry View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2013 at 2:48am
Greetings,

I'm not sure what you mean when you say that you "believe" in the Talmud. The Talmud is not the Torah or Old Testament, it contains the opinions of thousands of rabbis on a variety of subjects. Rabbinic tradition considers it second to the Torah, but it is not actual holy text. I think you are confusing it for the Torah.

I believe that Muhammad was an actual person who lived in 7th century Arabia and claimed to have received revelations from God through the angel Gabriel. I'm sorry but I do not believe that Muhammad was a true prophet of God, or that he was any kind of prophet whatever. The Biblical standard for a true prophet is one who makes specific prophecies that are later proved to be true. I have seen no evidence whatsoever that Muhammad ever made any specific prophecies at all. Likewise I do not believe that Allah is the same God Who is worshipped by Jews and Christians. Allah was a pre-Islamic pagan Arab god who was worshipped at the Kaaba, along with many other idols, including the "black stone." Every part of the Hajj in Mecca is pre-Islamic in origin. The running between the hills, stoning the devil, circumnambulating the Kaaba a certain number of times, kissing, touching or pointing at the "black stone," etc. How this can be interpreted as referring to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob I have no idea. Abraham was over a hundred years old when Isaac was born. Hagar and Ishmael were sent away and Abraham never saw them in person again, and he certainly didn't travel to Southern Arabia to build the original Kaaba with Ishmael, this is simply a later Islamic invention.

Jerusalem, the "third holiest city" to Muslims is never mentioned even once in the Qur'an. Jerusalem is mentioned 667 times in the Bible and was, and still is, the holiest city for Jews and Christians. If Muhammad was a true prophet, why did he never mention Jerusalem by name, nor did Gabriel reveal the name Jerusalem when he delivered his revelations from Allah? Ibn Taymiyya said that there "was no place in Jerusalem that one could call sacred and the same holds true for the tombs of Hebron." The Qur'an itself is difficult to read, repeating itself over and over and gives conflicting views of how the "people's of the book" are to be seen and treated by Muslims. The Old and New Testaments compliment each other to an amazing degree, which is even more surprising when it is considered that the Old and New Testaments were written at different times in history and by at least 66 diferent authors. In contrast, the Qur'an, which is said to be the revealed truth of Allah through Gabriel to Muhammad, has many inconsistencies and discrepancies from both the Old and New Testaments, something you would not expect for a "holy" book that was supposedly in the same line of prophecy as the Old and New Testaments. The only way these discrepancies can be explained from an Islamic viewpoint is that the Jews and Christians "corrupted" their own holy texts. But Muslims can never seem to show just what parts of the Bible are true and which specific verses are "corrupted" text. It is simply said that any part of the Bible that supports the Qur'anic teachings is true and any that contradict the Qur'an are "corrupted" texts. I don't say that Muslims worship a false God or that Islam is not a true religion of God. My personal beliefs are that Allah is NOT the God of the Jews and Christians, Muhammad was not a true prophet of God and that Islam is not a true "Abrahamic" religion that is a continuation of the line of prophecy and content of the Old and New Testaments.

As you said, no one can force me to believe anything, my beliefs are just that, my personal beliefs. Using the Qur'an to prove the truth and accuracy of the Qur'an is not a methodology that I would accept, how could it say anything else? It would be like me trying to convince you that jesus Christ is the Son of God using the New Testament as proof? If you think I am rejecting the "true" religion and will certainly go to hell for it is fine, you are entitled to your beliefs, as I am for mine. As far as "encouraging those who know nothing of Islam from unexpalined texts," I have no idea of what you mean. I would simply say to a person who knows nothing of the Bible or the Qur'an that they should read the Old and New Testaments and the Qur'an and make their minds up after reading all three texts. The Qur'an says to kill your enemies who persecute you but Jesus Christ taught us to love our enemies and do good to those who persecute us.

My statement of belief is this:

"I believe in God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth: And in Jesus Christ His only Son our Lord: who was conceieved by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary: suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead and buried: He descended into hell: the third day He rose again from the dead: He ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty: from there he shall come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit: the holy catholic (meaning "universal") Church: the communion of saints: the forgiveness of sins: the resurrection of the body: and the life everlasting."

That's about all I can say about my personal beliefs as a Christian. And you have every right to believe that Islam and the Qur'an are the true religion. No one here, you or I, is going to change their religious viewpoints, so the best thing is to say that I hope your religion brings you as much comfort and spiritual guidance as mine does for me.

Peace

Edited by Larry - 01 March 2013 at 3:01am
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2013 at 2:06am
Assalamu alaikum.

Still there is no logic and sense in you talking of the Qur'an and Muhammad. I talk of the Talmud because I believe in it and Allah will make be believe in it. If you do not believe in Muhammad, you will never believe in him. No one will ever force you or convince you to believe in something you consciously reject.  It is just like a prescription. Take that which is of benefit to you. You cannot deny the efficacy of the rest.
We believed in all the Messengers and Prophets from Allah. They name the one to come immediately after  they die. Moses mentioned Joshua and Joshua handed the mantle to Caleb. This is the series also mentioned in the Qur'an. Thus why Jesus mentioned Muhammad for he is to come after him.
The greatest mistake has been done. This is encouraging those who no nothing of Islam to read about it from unexplained texts.
Larry View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2013 at 1:06am
Friendship,

You say it is not wise and advisable to read the Qur'an and then reject it. But I have read the Qur'an and I found it repetitious, the same things being said over and over, the discrepancies in it concerning how the "Peoples of the Book" are to be seen and treated by Muslims is very apparent. I'm not slamming the Qur'an, I am simply saying what I felt after reading the entire book. It has no coherent form, no linear quality of earliest to latest, some of the revelations that concerned the personal life of Muhammad seemed a little too convenient when they make an exception for Muhammad, as in the matter of Aisha, the daughter of the companion Abu Bakr, for example. I don't reject it, I simply do not believe that it is truly from God Himself, revealed through Gabriel.
   You say "there was no Messenger or Prophet sent a body called "Christians." How you came up with that I have no idea. It was the coming of Jesus Christ Himself that instituted the religion called after Him, Christianity. There could be no "Christianity" until after the birth, life, death and ressurection of Jesus Christ, He is Christianity. Christians believe that Jesus Christ is the Messiah, prophesied by the Hebrew prophets such as Isaiah, and is literally the Son of God. I know you can't accept the idea that God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit are all of the same substance, and are not three separate "deities."
   George Bush and Tony Blair did not make war against the "Arabs," they made war against seriously deluded supposed "Muslims" such as Al Qaeda and the Taliban, who harbored Osama bin Laden after the terrorist attacks in New York, Washington and Flight 93. It was sheer and naked murder of 3,000 innocent people who did no more than show up for work, or take a scheduled flight, on that hideous day. The Americans in Afghanistan aren't making war against "Arabs" or "Muslims," they are making war, along with the Afghan government, on terrorists who kill many more Muslims than they do Americans or other coalition troops. For you to say that "Al-Qaeda, Taliban and Boko Haram is the doing of the Western civilization and their cohorts in the Muslim world," is obscene it it's ignorance and naievete. It is Al Qaeda, the Taliban and Boko Haram that are causing death and destruction to Muslims every day. Just look at Pakistan, the constant bombings and murders of innocent Muslims by these God-forsaken monsters is evidently something that you find admirable. Boko Haram kills foreign doctors who come to Mali to innoculate the children against polio, Mali being one of the very few countries where polio still exists. It is their ignorance and uncivilized mindlessness that teaches that Western medicine is somehow bad for Muslim children. It is obscene that children will continue to be paralyzed by this preventable disease because of the st**idity and gross ignorance of "Boko Haram," a ridiculous organization that deserves to be eliminated from the earth.
   It is the constant warfare between Sunni and Shiite Muslims that is tearing the "Arabic" and Iranian countries apart. Every day I look at the news from the Middle East and it is always the same, ruthless, pitiless terror and murder of innocent Muslims in marketplaces, or even in religious processions and gatherings, mostly of Shiites. "Suicide bombers" who chant "Allahu Akbar" as they senselessly murder other Muslims, is that something that the "West" inflicted on the Muslim world? Islam needs to get it's house in order before it accuses "Western Christian civilization" of creating this worldwide fundamentalist terrorism by Al Qaeda, the Taliban and Boko haram, among others.
   As to whether God told "Moses" about Muhammad makes no difference. Moses doesn't name all the other Hebrew prophets, most of which lived long after Moses died. The fact is that the Hebrew Torah and Christian New Testament reveal the names of every single prophet of God, but strangely does not reveal the name of Muhammad, the supposed "Seal of the Prophets." That is because Muhammad lived long after the Torah was written as well as the New Testament. That is why I cannot believe that Muhammad was truly a prophet, especially since the meaning of the word prophet is someones who prophsises future events that then take place, just as prophesied. I have never seen even one prophecy made by Muhammad, let alone any that were later proved to be accurate, the Biblical standard for a prophet of God.
   You say that Muhammad "banished" the Qurayza, I believe there were 800 Jewish men and boys of the Qurayza tribe that were murdered on the orders of Muhammad, because they did not support him in battle.
   The "Arabic language" has nothing to do with the Talmud, period. And the idea that by reciting the Qur'an in Arabic, even if the reciter does not understand the words he is speaking, is almost to give the Qur'an the status of something that is holy unto itself, the "magic" being in the language and not what is being said by non-Muslim speakers. This seems to be the definition of "shirk," along with things as the Tomb of Muhammad, the Black Stone and even the Kaaba itself, objects or places that inspire veneration of anything other than Allah.
   Bud, I am not angry or upset with you as a person, but I do feel that I have the right and freedom to express my opinions just as you do. You "reject" as a "fairy tale" bedrock Christian beliefs and practices. I have no problem with that, it's what you believe.
   That is what makes forums like this valuable. I can respect you as a person without necessarily agreeing with you on your beliefs and ideas. I have strong opinions too, and I'm not shy about saying so, but that is the way I am.

Hope you are well and content,

Larry
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2013 at 2:47pm

Assalaamu alaika Larry.

It seems as if you are confused and you do not know what you want to learn and then reject. You cannot teach me what is revealed to Muhammad.It is not wise and advisable to read the Qur'an and then reject it. Those Muslims advising free and open reading the Qur'an are really deceiving you and putting you in more punishment. Be sure that Allah will ask you by the time you are placed in your grave what was lacking to convince you from the verses you quoted. As for me the more I read the Talmud the more I believed in Allah and the Muhammad Rasulullah. So take my advice to and stop reading the Qur'an. If the Talmud does not convince you to obey Allah, the Qur'an cannot.  

You said: You say that they are not named in the Bible because they were prophets who were not from the children of Jacob. This makes absolutely no sense. If being from the "Children of Jacob" is a Biblical standard for naming prophets, then ANY prophet not from Jacob's lineage would not be named in the Bible.

Response: You are ignorant of what you claim to have believed and had studied assiduously. If you look into the book of Chronicles there is a definite line of prophets from the Children of Jacob. The Qur�an confirmed that. Study carefully Qur�an 6:83-91. Let us go by the teaching of Muhammad the hated and despised Messenger of Allah by you (I am referring to your intellect and not person). He taught us to ask the Children of Israel on whatever we are in doubt or want to know about what was revealed to their prophets. You will never understand that because historians except very few never mentioned the life history of the Levi clan of the children of Israel in Madina. Muhammad knew only them. The Rabbis I asked always politely admit knowing nothing about them and Muhammad because they are not mentioned in their books. There is no place of ignorance and arrogance if we want to understand one another and stop shedding blood and aiding those behind that indecent act. Secondly there are 52 states in USA. I visited only two- LA and Hawaii. In Hawaii, I was in John Hopkins University and I can still remember the lecture hall, the dining hall, the beach and the kind gesture of the University secretary in giving me a bus to take me for the friday prayer. I cannot say anything about the rest of the states. I will be a liar to say that. Please consider and regard revelation in that stream and chain.

You said:  Yet Muslim believe that this civilization that was "CHOSEN BY THE CREATOR OF THE HEAVENS AND EARTH TO TEACH TO HUMAN BEINGS HIS LAWS..." has corrupted these very same Laws of God and changed the Hebrew Bible from what was originally given to them by God Himself. I'm not sure why God, Who knows and sees everything, didn't foresee that the Jews (and later Christians) would corrupt His own messages to humanity.

Response: Those Muslims were/are the ones the Western Christian civilization befriends listens to and accept as the authority in making clear what Muhammad made clear. Those were/are the enemies of Western Christian civilization. In the early or mid USA/Britain invasion of Iraq, I wrote to your President George Bush and his friend PM Blair warning them of the dangers of engaging themselves in war with the Arabs whom the Roman Empire Generals described as �People looking seeking and desiring for death and never retreat. If a sword can pierce a rock then it can pierce their skin.� They turned a deaf ear and blind eye to my advice. What I warned them has been confirmed on Sunday in this video program:

http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/empire/2013/02/2013222191052356555.html. The influence of Al-qaeeda, Taliban and Boko Haram is the doing of the Western Christian civilization and their cohorts in the Muslim world. No practicing follower of Muhammad will ever tell you that there is corruption in the Talmud- which is different from the Old Testament. If you would take the pains of reading that book, you will understand that no one has the right to blame the Jews/Children of Israel in what they did. It is a sin to blame them. The G-d of Abraham will certainly forgive them, for that was His Command, Decree, Will. They could not escape it. The Jews are different from the Christians. There was no Messenger or Prophet sent a body called �Christians�.

You said: The Qur'an is the ONLY "final testament" that does not fit together with the original Old and New Testaments.

Response: It is only those who cannot speak Arabic language are illiterate of the contents of the Talmud (not the Old Testament) knowing nothing on the life history of Muhammad in Madina from hijra to the banishment of the Banu Qurayza that saw discrepancies. I do not find a dot or a lead to it in the Talmud of another G-d other than that of Abraham. If you will expect Allah to reveal to Muhammad verbatim all what was revealed from Adam to Jesus son of Maryam, Muhammad then must be alive today!

You said:  And lastly, it is shocking that the Hebrew Bible never specifically mentions the ACTUAL name of Muhammad, the final "seal" of the Jewish Biblical prophets. He is the ONLY prophet who is not specifically named, a complete and total departure from Biblical tradition. But I suppose the Jews "corrupted" the name of Muhammad out of their own Bible, a "prophet" sent to them by God Himself.

Response: Larry, if you are to scrutinize what transpired between Moses and the G-d of Abraham how could you expected the G-d of Abraham to tell Moses of Muhammad. What was actually given to Moses in the tablet is only know to him. If Moses did not at least Jesus son of Maryam said that in Qur�an 61:6. According to Muhammad, a prophet always mentions the name of the prophet after him.

Lastly, what is the value and essence of this forum while whatever one says is rejected as a lie and a fairy tale?  

Friendship.

Edited by Friendship - 25 February 2013 at 2:56pm
Larry View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2013 at 1:08pm
Friendship,

The names of Shu'aib, Salih, Zulqarnain and Luqman, are not mentioned in the Jewish Bible because they are ARABIC names of people mentioned in the Qur'an but completely absent from the Torah or Jewish Bible.

Salih (Arabic "Pious") is an Arabic prophet of ancient Arabia, mentioned in the Qur'an but not named anywhere in the Jewish Bible. Shu'aib is sometimes equated to "Shelah" of the Hebrew Bible, but there is virtually nothing in common between the two. Shu'aib is linked to the ancient Arabic story of the "She Camel."

Shu'aib (Arabic) is absent from the Jewish tradition. He is sometimes identified with the Biblical Midian priest, Jethro, by Muslims, but this view is rejected by virtually all modern scholars, as there is no independent (except in the Qur'an) solid historical grounding for this belief.

Zulqarnain (Arabic) Is also never named in the Hebrew Bible. The Qur'an says that Zulqarnain is a historical figure. Yusuf Ali states that Zulqarnain is Alexander the Great, but there is absolutely no scholarly basis for this belief at all.

Luqman (Arabic) unknown to the Jewish Bible, was supposedly a wise man for whom the 31st Surah of Luqman is named. He is supposedly dated to 1100 B.C. and was believed to be from Africa.

It is no wonder that none of these Arabic names are mentioned in the Hebrew Bible. You say that they are not named in the Bible because they were prophets who were not from the children of Jacob. This makes absolutely no sense. If being from the "Children of Jacob" is a Biblical standard for naming prophets, then ANY prophet not from Jacob's lineage would not be named in the Bible.

The surprising statement of yours that "The Israelites are mentioned (in the Qur'an) because they were the civilization (human beings) chosen by the Creator of the heavens and the earth to teach to human beings His Laws and what is required from them.

Yet Muslim believe that this civilization that was "CHOSEN BY THE CREATOR OF THE HEAVENS AND EARTH TO TEACH TO HUMAN BEINGS HIS LAWS..." has corrupted these very same Laws of God and changed the Hebrew Bible from what was originally given to them by God Himself. I'm not sure why God, Who knows and sees everything, didn't forsee that the Jews (and later Christians) would corrupt His own messages to humanity.

The "reason" that the Hebrew and Christian Bibles, in Muslim belief, must have been "corrupted" by the Jews and Christians themselves, was because of the discrepancies and errors between these two "Testaments" of God and the Qur'an. The Qur'an is the ONLY "final testament" that does not fit together with the original Old and New Testaments.

This constant need to explain WHY there are vast differences between the Old and New Testaments and the Qur'an, are a regular feature of many Muslim postings.

I think you would get a negative response from many Muslims if you told them that they were all "spiritual" Israelites.

And lastly, it is shocking that the Hebrew Bible never specifically mentions the ACTUAL name of Muhammad, the final "seal" of the Jewish Biblical prophets. He is the ONLY prophet who is not specifically named, a complete and total departure from Biblical tradition. But I suppose the Jews "corrupted" the name of Muhammad out of their own Bible, a "prophet" sent to them by God Himself.

Larry

Edited by Larry - 23 February 2013 at 1:22pm
Webber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2013 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by Friendship Friendship wrote:

Assalamu alaikum Larry etc.

If the members of this forum are really intelligent and are looking for a solution in what they do do not understand and see done wrongly, it is better they listen to those who know and then make up their minds. Those criticizing Islam in particular what Muhammad taught and practiced are the least qualified to do so for they do not have a single root or its bud to do so. Let them go back to school and learn Arabic language in all  its branches that will make them understand what Muhammad did. If they cannot do that, there are books in English language to help them and lead them to understanding the life of Muhammad. One will then know that Muhammad never claimed to bring a code of conduct that is knew to the world or unknown to those living with him. These were the Levi tribes and their clans of the children of Israel in Madina between the time they arrived to 629 AD and those who called themselves Christians living in Yaman. Muhammad emphasized that if one is looking for a solution and fails to find it from his code of conduct, let him refer to the Talmud for that solution. In all fairness and serenity, what is the justification in accusing Muhammad?
Just today, John Kerry emphasized USA foreign policy on education and looking inwards. Larry and Co, remember that Muhammad was first commanded to read. No Messenger if you believed in that ever received that command. That form of education is for the world and not the then Quraysh nor the Levis. In the same manner scientists are going to work on an early warning system to detect asteroid, let us do the same in looking for  SYSTEM to live together and in peace. Certainly, Muhammad achieved that to the disdain and rejection of you Larry and the rest. It will take about 2 years before the scientists develop the prototype but it will just take 2 days to find that solution for the world from the book in website spbra.com//allamadrsanisalihmustapha. It should be read by the Westerners are looking for a stable and peaceful world. 
Lastly, note that the appointment of the females Consultative Council by the Saudi Monarchy regarded and accepted as a model of the teaching of Muhammad by the most powerful Western civilization is against the practice of Muhammad. Had John Kerry learned Arabic and enjoyed the freedom of speech in asking seeking and knocking (Matth 7:7), he would have known that. Had Senator John Kerry believed in the Talmud he is bound to question that and by reflecting on the selection made by Moses in choosing those to spy the holy land would claim the superiority of the Talmud in justice and equity over the practice of Muhammad. He would them advice the Saudis to follow their way or else face sanction.  Western press would then support him in ridiculing Muhammad. But what are you going to do?
There is no sense and wisdom in what you and your cohorts are doing. Equally there is no sense and wisdom in becoming ignorant to the teaching of Muhammad. Unless we agree to follow the advice of Muhammad- get educated to choose and refuse and be free from the clutches of slavery, you will ever remain as a slave.

Friendship.

Thank you for your "Christians must bend" post. Christians I've seen on this site so far are not led by the western press. They've done their homework. You should acknowledge the bend it is for a Christian to come learn from a Muslim site. Your post is for street Christians.

Threads, posts and responses go in cycles. for a while everyone looks for similarities, then it turns to differences, some times people get irked, some tell their true feelings, someone doesn't like it, then someone pops in with a cure-all post.

Ya gotta look at the st**idity in the title for starters, then check out the dietary laws thread where Christians are expected to be Israelites...

I'd bet Mahdi the seeker sits back and LOL's at what he's started.

I'm a Gentile.
Numb. 6:24-26
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 34>
  Share Topic