IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - understanding Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

understanding Islam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2012 at 1:52pm
Caringheart,
just look and read your starter post on this thread, and tell me does that say anything about understanding Islam. Your intentions are clear there, as well as in many other posts.
Here is a link or two that will lead you toward better understanding of Islam.
http://www.islamicity.com/education/understandingislamandmuslims/

http://islamtomorrow.com/islam/index.asp
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 13 August 2012 at 2:19pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Jergg View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jergg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2012 at 8:06am
I am new to this forum, and I seek to understand Islam.  I understand Islam to be a religion of peace. 

Caringheart posted an excerpt, written by a Muslim, and he or she has been attacked on all sides, and accused of being a lier and having an agenda to subvert Muslims worldwide.

Please help me understand.  Is this the religion of peace and the brotherhood of all mankind?
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2012 at 12:35pm
Jergg,
please follow the links I mentioned above, these will help you to understand the teachings of Islam, once you learn them, you tell me what you think. Caringheart is not a Muslim in fact he writes against Muslims and Islam, he cannot be a trusting source for you to learn about Islam, please follow those links.
Peace,
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 22 August 2012 at 12:37pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Jergg View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jergg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2012 at 12:18pm
I'm sorry.  I do not follow links, since I can go to hundreds of Islamic and anti-Islamic websites any time I choose.

Rather, I prefer to engage in person-to-person dialogue with actual Muslims to learn what THEY think and how THEY view their beliefs.

iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2012 at 11:17am
Originally posted by Jergg Jergg wrote:

I'm sorry.� I�do not follow links, since I can go�to hundreds of Islamic and anti-Islamic websites any time I choose.
Rather, I prefer to engage in person-to-person dialogue with actual Muslims to learn what THEY think and how THEY view their beliefs.

You may now ask your questions.Go ahead.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2012 at 8:16pm
I have a question.  :-)

Do you think Muslims should try to understand Christians?

I am interested in an honest exchange if you can please tell me your feelings on the matter.

Edited by Caringheart - 26 August 2012 at 8:18pm
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2012 at 8:37am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

I have a question.� :-)
Do you think Muslims should try to understand Christians?
I am interested in an honest exchange if you can please tell me your feelings on the matter.

LOL i knew you would respond.Why not? we are here to share and as the Jews have the old Testament,the Christians have the new Testament and the Muslims have the last Testament which has come to correct and renew the lost words of God.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2012 at 12:36pm
Understanding Christians will be entirely impossible since there are so many denominations plus each Church I know has its own touch of teachings it follows. Then there are differences on geographic, language and racial lines and so on. On top of that people have their own understanding which they sometimes follow.
As far as understanding Christianity, it is very simple to understand for a Muslim, nothing difficult at all. Every Muslim (one who knows and practices Islam)knows that Christians worship Jesus and Holy Ghost beside God both God's creations and under God's commands. They also believe that their salvation has come through a ransom that has paid for their sins through the shedding of blood of Jesus (Son of God who is also God, they say)who was tortured and killed on the cross for this reason( for their salvation)! without believing in such and without this happening, they say, they don't have salvation.
Also, the weapon (the cross) that was used to torture and kill Jesus, according to them, is used as a symbol for their religion.

Hasan

Edited by honeto - 27 August 2012 at 12:48pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic