IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - JESUS LIED  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

JESUS LIED

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: JESUS LIED
    Posted: 04 August 2012 at 5:19am

Good News Translation (GNT)
Jesus Speaks of the Destruction of the Temple

24 Jesus left and was going away from the Temple when his disciples came to him to call his attention to its buildings. 2 �Yes,� he said, �you may well look at all these. I tell you this: not a single stone here will be left in its place; every one of them will be thrown down.�
Troubles and Persecutions

3 As Jesus sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him in private. �Tell us when all this will be,� they asked, �and what will happen to show that it is the time for your coming and the end of the age.�

4 Jesus answered, �Watch out, and do not let anyone fool you. 5 Many men, claiming to speak for me, will come and say, �I am the Messiah!� and they will fool many people. 6 You are going to hear the noise of battles close by and the news of battles far away; but do not be troubled. Such things must happen, but they do not mean that the end has come. 7 Countries will fight each other; kingdoms will attack one another. There will be famines and earthquakes everywhere. 8 All these things are like the first pains of childbirth.

9 �Then you will be arrested and handed over to be punished and be put to death. Everyone will hate you because of me. 10 Many will give up their faith at that time; they will betray one another and hate one another. 11 Then many false prophets will appear and fool many people. 12 Such will be the spread of evil that many people's love will grow cold. 13 But whoever holds out to the end will be saved. 14 And this Good News about the Kingdom will be preached through all the world for a witness to all people; and then the end will come.
The Awful Horror

15 �You will see �The Awful Horror� of which the prophet Daniel spoke. It will be standing in the holy place.� (Note to the reader: understand what this means!) 16 �Then those who are in Judea must run away to the hills. 17 Someone who is on the roof of a house must not take the time to go down and get any belongings from the house. 18 Someone who is in the field must not go back to get a cloak. 19 How terrible it will be in those days for women who are pregnant and for mothers with little babies! 20 Pray to God that you will not have to run away during the winter or on a Sabbath! 21 For the trouble at that time will be far more terrible than any there has ever been, from the beginning of the world to this very day. Nor will there ever be anything like it again. 22 But God has already reduced the number of days; had he not done so, nobody would survive. For the sake of his chosen people, however, God will reduce the days.

23 �Then, if anyone says to you, �Look, here is the Messiah!� or �There he is!��do not believe it. 24 For false Messiahs and false prophets will appear; they will perform great miracles and wonders in order to deceive even God's chosen people, if possible. 25 Listen! I have told you this ahead of time.

26 �Or, if people should tell you, �Look, he is out in the desert!��don't go there; or if they say, �Look, he is hiding here!��don't believe it. 27 For the Son of Man will come like the lightning which flashes across the whole sky from the east to the west.

28 �Wherever there is a dead body, the vultures will gather.
The Coming of the Son of Man

29 �Soon after the trouble of those days, the sun will grow dark, the moon will no longer shine, the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers in space will be driven from their courses. 30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky; and all the peoples of earth will weep as they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 The great trumpet will sound, and he will send out his angels to the four corners of the earth, and they will gather his chosen people from one end of the world to the other.
The Lesson of the Fig Tree

32 �Let the fig tree teach you a lesson. When its branches become green and tender and it starts putting out leaves, you know that summer is near. 33 In the same way, when you see all these things, you will know that the time is near, ready to begin.[a> 34 Remember that all these things will happen before the people now living have all died.       

Matthew 16:27-28

27 For the Son of Man is about to come in the glory of his Father with his angels, and then he will reward each one according to his deeds. 28 I assure you that there are some here who will not die until they have seen the Son of Man come as King.�

Mark 8:38-9:1 New International Version (NIV) 38 If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his Father�s glory with the holy angels.� And he said to them, �Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see that the kingdom of God has come with power.�

Mark 13:26-30

26 Then the Son of Man will appear, coming in the clouds with great power and glory. 27 He will send the angels out to the four corners of the earth to gather God's chosen people from one end of the world to the other.
The Lesson of the Fig Tree

28 �Let the fig tree teach you a lesson. When its branches become green and tender and it starts putting out leaves, you know that summer is near. 29 In the same way, when you see these things happening, you will know that the time is near, ready to begin.[a> 30 Remember that all these things will happen before the people now living have all died.

�But Jesus kept silent and the high priest said to Him, �I adjure you by the living God, that you tell us whether you are the Christ, the Son of God.� Jesus said to him, �You have said it yourself; nevertheless I tell you, hereafter you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of power, and coming on the clouds of heaven.�� (Matthew 26: 63, 64) The high priest/people at the trial will see Jesus coming on the clouds of heaven

"Behold, He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, EVEN THOSE WHO PIERCED HIM..." (Revelation 1:7 NASB).Those who pierced Jesus will see him coming.

Matthew 10:23 English Standard Version (ESV) 23 When they persecute you in one town, flee to the next, for truly, I say to you, you will not have gone through all the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.'

PAUL believed he would not die before Jesus comes back.
�For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord.� (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17)

1 Corinthians 15:50-52 New International Version (NIV) 50 I declare to you, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. 51 Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed� 52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

Finally
Hebrews 10:37 For, �Yet a little while, and the coming one will come and will not delay'
What 'a little while it has been. Truly he has not 'delaye

Edited by Mahdi The Seeke - 29 September 2012 at 6:49am
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2012 at 5:45am
Instead of using attention grabbing headline may be you should have used something like 'Invented verse in the Bible'.

Similarly Mark 9:7 is very hard to believe too.

9:7 And there was a cloud that overshadowed them: and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2012 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by Mahdi The Seeke Mahdi The Seeke wrote:

Mark 9:1New International Version (NIV)
And he said to them, �Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see that the kingdom of God has come with power.�

Did he lie?
I can understand why some might see it this way.  I have examined and questioned this passage myself.
This is how I have come to see it, through much reflection and communing with God, who reveals all truth;
Was Jesus wrong... or is it that He was referring to the fact that they would see Him rise in glory and come to know and understand the real nature of the kingdom that God was promising?
Smile Heart

Edited by Caringheart - 06 August 2012 at 4:41pm
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2012 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

Instead of using attention grabbing headline may be you should have used something like 'Invented verse in the Bible'.

9:7 And there was a cloud that overshadowed them: and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.

Sincere question:

Why is this any harder to believe than your belief that the angel Jibril spoke to Muhammad in the cave though no one was present to witness it?

In the one case you have apparently many witnesses, where in the other you have none.
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2012 at 2:56am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

Sincere question:

Why is this any harder to believe than your belief that the angel Jibril spoke to Muhammad in the cave though no one was present to witness it?

In the one case you have apparently many witnesses, where in the other you have none.

I could say that what has been written in the Gospels are not exactly what happened to Jesus (pbuh) but added many years later. I have been told through the Holy Qur'an that God does not have a son, so on that basis I believe this piece of the verse to be incorrect and an addition.

True, there were no eye witnesses to the meeting between prophet Muhammed (pbuh) and the Archangel Jibeil (AS) in the caves of Hira but billions of Muslims believe it through faith as was required by God.

Sahih International
And even if We had sent down to you, [O Muhammad], a written scripture on a page and they touched it with their hands, the disbelievers would say, "This is not but obvious magic."
And they say, "Why was there not sent down to him an angel?" But if We had sent down an angel, the matter would have been decided; then they would not be reprieved.
And if We had made him an angel, We would have made him [appear as] a man, and We would have covered them with that in which they cover themselves.
And already were messengers ridiculed before you, but those who mocked them were enveloped by that which they used to ridicule. 6:7-10

Edited by Abu Loren - 08 August 2012 at 4:17am
Mahdi The Seeke View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2012 at 10:01am
I quoted a different more direct verse
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2012 at 6:54pm
"And if We had made him an angel, We would have made him [appear as] a man, and We would have covered them with that in which they cover themselves."

and so, why is it hard to understand God sending His Son to 'appear as a man'... to be in human form?
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2012 at 2:47am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

"And if We had made him an angel, We would have made him [appear as] a man, and We would have covered them with that in which they cover themselves."

and so, why is it hard to understand God sending His Son to 'appear as a man'... to be in human form?

This is the explanation of that particular verse.

And had We appointed him, the one who is sent down to them, an angel, We would assuredly have made him, the angel, a man, that is, [We would have sent him] in the form of a man, so that they would be able to see him, since no human being is capable of seeing an angel; and, had We sent him down and made him a man, We would have assuredly confused, obscured, for them what they are confusing, for themselves, when they say, �This is but a mere mortal like the rest of you�.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic