IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Comparative studies 2  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Comparative studies 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2013 at 2:28pm
Caringheart, care to answer the valid question I posted, or you do not have an answer?
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2013 at 4:18pm
I'm sorry Hasan, your question made no sense to me.
Salaam,
Caringheart

Note:  I wish if you were going to respond it might be to the most recent thing posted.  Any thoughts on that?

Edited by Caringheart - 28 January 2013 at 4:25pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
truthnowcome View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truthnowcome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2013 at 11:44pm
<>

Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

My study of the Qur'an and a few questions.

1. Does no Muslim ever consider the fact that Allah everywhere in the Qur'an refers to Himself as We?

�And (I come) confirming that which was before me of the Torah, and to make lawful some of that which was forbidden unto you. I come unto you with a sign from your Lord, so keep your duty to Allah and obey me. Lo! Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him. That is a straight path. (Qur�an; 3:50, 51).

2. Who is speaking here... is not God the one who is speaking, referring to Himself, saying that I come?  I, God, in the form of Jesus.

and compare to this;
Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old. 19 Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it?  (Isaiah)

Salaam.

Peace my friend,

I can see you are spreading your wings! Anyway, don�t try to explain what is not there. The �I� ie an addition to indicate it was Jesus (S). Let me show you, I HAVE ADD BLUE TO EXPLAIN:

3:45 (Y. Ali) Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to Allah. 3:46 (Y. Ali) "He shall speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. And he shall be (of the company) of the righteous." 3:47 (Y. Ali) She said: "O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man hath touched me?" He said: "Even so: Allah createth what He willeth: When He hath decreed a plan, He but saith to it, 'Be,' and it is! 3:48 (Y. Ali) "And Allah will teach him the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Gospel, 3:49 (Y. Ali) "And (appoint him) an apostle to the Children of Israel, (with this message): (THE MESSAGE IS:) "'I have come to you, with a Sign from your Lord, in that I make for you out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by Allah's leave: And I heal those born blind, and the lepers, and I quicken the dead, by Allah's leave; and I declare to you what ye eat, and what ye store in your houses. Surely therein is a Sign for you if ye did believe; 3:50 (Y. Ali) "'(I have come to you), to attest the Law which was before me. And to make lawful to you part of what was (Before) forbidden to you; I have come to you with a Sign from your Lord. So fear Allah, and obey me.

YOU SEE VERSE 50 MENTIONED, �I have come to you�, it is not there in the Arabic that is why the put it in bracket so that you can read the whole message in context: In other words, God Almighty will send him with a message saying �I� come

Br. zainool

Edited by truthnowcome - 29 January 2013 at 11:46pm
LET'S SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT ONCE AND FOR ALL...NO MORE LIES!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic