IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - So lonely on foreign land  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

So lonely on foreign land

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Idil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2012 at 12:55pm
Asalamu Calykum my dearest sister,.

May ALLAH take away the loneliness that you are experiencing. Know that as individuals life takes us through different stages, it may be that this situation that you are in is just temporary. May ALLAH change your condition as soon as possible and please do not occupy yourself with this problem fully, rather focus on something else. Hope this helps.

Edited by Idil - 18 September 2012 at 12:57pm
Idil View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Idil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2012 at 1:03pm

[/QUOTE]

Greetings salwa,

I am sorry to hear of your troubles.  I hope that you can find friends and support, and a way to feel fulfilled and less lonely.
I have heard it said that there is no loneliness worse than feeling lonely in a relationship.  I think we feel all our problems are at an end when we marry.  When we are alone and lonely at least we feel there is something we can do about it.  You need to have that same attitude even though you are married.  Seek things outside yourself... things that serve God.
Blessings and peace to you.
Heart
[/QUOTE]

Masha allah , you are giving great advice. Many times I see brothers and sisters rushing into marriage in order to escape their problems when in fact, marriage will not solve their problems. It is very important for us sisters to have something going on for our self in life before one commits. Often I see sisters giving up everything just because they are getting married when in fact in most cases men in general want to have their own space and time even when they are married and for this reason it is important for sisters to focus on other areas of their life.
Purple Cup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purple Cup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2012 at 8:06pm
There is an organization here in Northern California which helps women found in abusive relationships. Maybe you want out but feel trapped. They can provide you a place to stay and train you in some job. I know the founder personally of this project and so you would be in good hands.

The sites organization is called NISA and its founder is Dr. Fareeda Rajabally.

I am sorry I do not know her web address. I keep trying to find it but it is not coming to my mind.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic