IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Arab Spring - The Great Deception  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Arab Spring - The Great Deception

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2012 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by TruthSeeker995 TruthSeeker995 wrote:

The Israelites? who used the holocaust to displace a people and continue to oppress them using US weaponry and military aid while the world watches with complete apathy?

You are right though one can not blame America for looking after her "interests" like one can not blame a snake for biting and poisoning someone. It is what it does.

Let's talk about land grabbing and snakes that bite.

Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Book 93:
Volume 9, Book 93, Number 469:
    Narrated Ibn Abbas:
    When the Prophet sent Muadh to Yemen, he said to him, "You are going to a nation from the people of the Scripture, so let the first thing to which you will invite them, be the Tauhid of Allah. If they learn that, tell them that Allah has enjoined on them, five prayers to be offered in one day and one night. And if they pray, tell them that Allah has enjoined on them Zakat of their properties and it is to be taken from the rich among them and given to the poor. And if they agree to that, then take from them Zakat but avoid the best property of the people."

and I'm not throwing stones here... these things happen.  What I am saying is that the Muslims need to get over the perception that all things Islam are perfect and innocent.
Because you say it is done in the name of Allah, that makes it ok?
All the ancient tribes justified what they did saying it was their god, or gods that delivered it to them, or ordered it.

note:  and what land has America taken from anybody?  other than the land that is now called America... and there was nothing right about that either.  But since becoming a country, have they taken any land from anyone?  and certainly not in the name of any god.

Edited by Caringheart - 01 August 2012 at 9:26pm
sultanmuradII View Drop Down

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sultanmuradII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2012 at 3:14am
Salam

Great thread, just what I had been thinking about - the so called 'Arab Spring'- ... As they say 'from the frying pan in to the fire' ...

Before USA supported tyrants like Mubarak, and now it supports those people who are so pliable that they will be the mouthpiece, and do the dirty work, for USA, and all justified under receiving funds and prosperity.

The division of our lands will remain, the occupation of our lands will remain, Secularism will be the basis just like in Turkey and Pakistan, and so corruption and suffering will continue, but all under a deception of liberation.
sultanmuradII View Drop Down

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sultanmuradII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2012 at 6:49am
"If you want to know what principles guide our party let me tell you - the principles of the Islamic Sharia law and they are included in the Egyptian Constitution. Our party is not a religious party but it's a civil party... that seeks a modern and democratic state but with a 'Islamic reference'. "

Mohamed Saad Katatni, secretary general of the Muslim Brotherhood

The above quote from Muslim Brotherhood exposed them as not being Islamic, but secular just as what we see in places like Turkey. This is treacherous behaviour, may Allah guide them.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2012 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by sultanmuradII sultanmuradII wrote:

This is treacherous behaviour, may Allah guide them.

In what way is it treacherous behavior?
Have you taken the time to study the Qura'n?  Have you considered that the Qur'an instructs a democratic society?  Take time to read some of the articles and then judge. Smile
i.dawa View Drop Down

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i.dawa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2012 at 7:51am
Like I suggested carinhgheart should discuss whether Islam is the Truth or not and whatever he follows should be put to the test. Please start a new thread cause the discussion here is nothing to do with non-muslims hence you are being ignored.

As for the Arab Spring and the Great Deception to secularise the Ummah it would be nice to hear the comments of Muslim participants!!

abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2012 at 9:52am
Originally posted by i.dawa i.dawa wrote:

As for the Arab Spring and the Great Deception to secularise the Ummah it would be nice to hear the comments of Muslim participants!!

I think the notion that the Arab Spring flows from some sort of 'great deception' crafted by western European countries should be debated in the section on conspiracies.  I personally see no evidence for this assertion.   I do believe it is only prudent that when western interests are involved, that political outcomes in these countries will indeed have continued western engagement.

With respect to secularizing the Ummah by external forces it begs the question and debate of Islam and the secular state, and even, what constitutes the secular state, and whether or not there is compatibility.  Surely Islam as evidenced in Spain had little or no problem with pluralism and religious freedom.  Today, Muslims are by no means homogeneous and it becomes a question of what Muslims want and believe.  In the interest of not treading a secular democracy do Muslim wish to live the example of Sudan, Iran and Afghanistan?  Are the many millions of Muslims currently living in western countries who are thriving and living in peace and security willing to trade this for a theocratic rule?

My own personal opinion is that radical change in a country isn't sustainable and a path of moderation, and balance between tradition and change - using consensus/democracy is the best way forward.  How else will it become manageable in a country like Syria when dealing with Muslims (several different groups) Shia, (several different beliefs), Alawites, Jews, Christians (maybe a dozen different denominations) Druze, and Jihadis (and other such criminal thugs and gangs).   Do you really think this could become the seat of an Islamic Khilafah?!

abujamal View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abujamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2012 at 10:26am
There is no secret, and certainly no theory, that the many of the players involved in fomenting the Arab Spring were actually groomed by the US as was April 6th Movement which received training and funding from the US State Department via the Alliance of Youth Movements umbrella.

It was kept a secret that 6th April were at the 2008 AYM conference in New York until it was released in the WikiLeak cable releases after which it transpired the movement had also received training from CANVAS, AKA Otpor, in Belgrade, which the US funded and trained to overthrow Milosevic.

Also note how while only about a quarter of the Egyptian population voted and while the vote count ofthe EGyptian Election was still underway, US media, particularly the State Department funded RFERL announced the Muslim Brotherhood as the winners and any challenge was met with claims of election fraud.

Regardless, the key point is the new leaders, while wearing Islamist labels, are implementing the same secular constitutions of their predecessors making it clear that Shariah has no role.

"Al-Nahda ventured into politics not to campaign for Sharia law, but to campaign for freedom..." Rachid Ghanouchi, Leader of the Al-Nahda party
abujamal View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abujamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2012 at 10:58am
Looks like the US is also grooming the Syrian "Islamists" as the tool for secularizing the region and Ummah.

Members of Syrian opposition receive training in Berlin on 'democratic governance' in programme run by Swiss Foreign Ministry, Dutch and Norwegian NGOs, and US State Dept

http://downsum.heliohost.org/index.php?page=page&action=viewcommentsy&story=1886031669516000&email=&session=&special=null&category=

Edited by abujamal - 06 August 2012 at 10:59am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic