IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - We are Nothing, but maybe something  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We are Nothing, but maybe something

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: We are Nothing, but maybe something
    Posted: 26 July 2012 at 6:37pm
The number stars (like our sun) in the Milky-way galaxy alone reaches 200 billion. And there are more than 100 billion galaxies spotted so far. But how big is the Milky-way galaxy?If a single star is the size of a tennis ball than place one tennis ball in Singapore the other in Japan. That is the easiest way to illustrate. That's how far apart this 200 billion stars are. The chance for the two stars to collide is so remote, that your chance to win lottery 100 times in one life time is greater than that.

So when the two galaxies colliding they are not actually collide, their stars just pass through each other space. But the gravity of their respective black holes will create the "dance" effect.

Oh btw this clip here has nothing to do with that, just the size of the universe, that's all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr7wNQw12l8
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by nothing nothing wrote:

The number stars (like our sun) in the Milky-way galaxy alone reaches 200 billion. And there are more than 100 billion galaxies spotted so far. But how big is the Milky-way galaxy?If a single star is the size of a tennis ball than place one tennis ball in Singapore the other in Japan. That is the easiest way to illustrate. That's how far apart this 200 billion stars are. The chance for the two stars to collide is so remote, that your chance to win lottery 100 times in one life time is greater than that.

So when the two galaxies colliding they are not actually collide, their stars just pass through each other space. But the gravity of their respective black holes will create the "dance" effect.

Oh btw this clip here has nothing to do with that, just the size of the universe, that's all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr7wNQw12l8

Do you know that what we can see of the universe is less than 5 percent of what is out there?
Really makes you realize just how small we are, doesn't it?
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2012 at 3:59am
So if there are intelligent beings on a planet circling a star 1 billion light years away, I wonder what religion they have. How do they pray? Did God send the same prophets?

A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2012 at 10:18am
Originally posted by Matt Browne Matt Browne wrote:

So if there are intelligent beings on a planet circling a star 1 billion light years away, I wonder what religion they have. How do they pray? Did God send the same prophets?

LOL  I wonder these things too.  It is interesting to contemplate.  I never thought about, does God send the same prophets.
I have said, on another thread, that it is far more likely that we created God in our own image than vice versa.  I was quoting from an article and saying that I think I may agree.  Smile
nothing View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2012 at 2:02am
Originally posted by Matt Browne Matt Browne wrote:

I remember somewhere in the Qur'an it mentioned just that, it says the method is the same. But for us it is just matter of "talking about it" some kind of "WHAT IF - THEN LIKE THIS" which seem we constantly producing those hypothesis. It is a philosophical discussion where the answers are already known would be "I think it should be like this".

But depending on the literacy of those populations concern, which I believe they will encounter the same progress as we are. In here the basis of Islam - First and the Last is Tauhid (monotheism), I am sure that is their basis too when it come to theology. No matter what, they are still just a dot in this gigantic universe, don't you agree?.
flyffdzd View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyffdzd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2012 at 11:36pm
I never thought about, does God send the same prophets.
Everything is good!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic