IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Quran & Sunnah
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Quranic competition  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Quranic competition

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quranic competition
    Posted: 17 July 2012 at 11:14pm
Asslamu alaikum we rahmatu Allah

Quran is the miracle until the last day without being changed by human words... Every time i read it i learn more so i was thinking if we could compete in Quran meanings! Something like what is meant by a certain verse.. Why is it revealed in such a way!

Before I start I must say that I'm so ignorant so everything I say is just something we shared in Quran school or I read in my tafseer books.
So pardon me!
And I have to tell u that I have this embrassibg name "queen of typos" so pardon me and correct me if I make those unpleasant spelling mistake. The believer is a mirror for his brother.

Asslamu alaikum
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2012 at 11:28pm
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

For the first question.. I will take you to Surat Az-Zumar 39 and to verse (39: 71) (39:73)
These two verse are explaining the way th believers are taking to the heavens and the way the disbelievers are taking to the hell fire,, may Allah save us.

The verse that is talking about the disbelievers is:
وَسِيقَ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا إِلَىٰ جَهَنَّمَ زُمَرًا ۖ حَتَّىٰ إِذَا جَاءُوهَا فُتِحَتْ أَبْوَابُهَا

While the one about the believers is:
وَسِيقَ الَّذِينَ اتَّقَوْا رَبَّهُمْ إِلَى الْجَنَّةِ زُمَرًا ۖ حَتَّىٰ إِذَا جَاءُوهَا وَفُتِحَتْ أَبْوَابُهَا

My question is:
WHY IS THERE (و) (wow) letter which means (and) in the verse that is talking about the believers while there is NO (wow) letter in the first verse that is telling about the disbelievers.

Do you know? Waiting for your replies.

Edited by Full of Hopes - 17 July 2012 at 11:30pm
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2012 at 8:11am

Full of Hopes, assalamu alaikum. How have you been? The beautiful linguistic difference is because Gates of Hell and Gates of Paradise are vastly different - as well and believers and disbelievers. Gates of Hell are closed until occupants approach (doom and gloom), and Gates of Paradise are open (beautiful gardens - happiness). The Arabic "wow" indicates sequence. First the disbelievers approach Hell...and gates are opened.  Allah Knows Best

And those who disbelieved will be driven to Hell in groups until, when they reach it, its gates are opened and its keepers will say, "Did there not come to you messengers from yourselves, reciting to you the verses of your Lord and warning you of the meeting of this Day of yours?" They will say, "Yes, but the word of punishment has come into effect upon the disbelievers. 

But those who feared their Lord will be driven to Paradise in groups until, when they reach it while its gates have been opened and its keepers say, "Peace be upon you; you have become pure; so enter it to abide eternally therein," [they will enter].

Edited by abuayisha - 18 July 2012 at 8:13am
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2012 at 1:22pm
We alaikum asslam aw rahmatu Allah we barakatuh
I'm fine mashAllah, Alhamdulillah. And you got correct complete answer. Allahu Akbar. Ur gift is a sincere prayer. May Allah accept.
And how are you bro? Ramdhan Mubarak

Edited by Full of Hopes - 18 July 2012 at 1:30pm
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2012 at 1:24pm

Next:
Which sura of Quran was revealed at once with 70 000 angels?
No googling please. That is cheating!

Edited by Full of Hopes - 18 July 2012 at 1:31pm
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2012 at 6:45pm
No googling!!!!???? Well, that does it for me.Confused
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2012 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by Full of Hopes Full of Hopes wrote:

Next:
Which sura of Quran was revealed at once with 70 000 angels?
No googling please. That is cheating!

Wild guess here... Surah Fatihah?
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2012 at 10:41am
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

No googling!!!!???? Well, that does it for me.Confused

XD that s cos i want u guys to READ BOOKS!!!! LOL as f i do it!! may Allah forgive us all.. Geek
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic