IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Interracial relationships  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interracial relationships

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2006 at 2:26pm
perhaps
schwester View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2006 at 1:17am
if i am not mistaken there is a say from koran or from hadith: educated people surely differ from uneducated.
this is the only characteristic which differs people. to me the problem is in muslim world's not enough knowledge to have the power nd put its right rules rather than white/black racists.

maybe i shouldn't write anything here, because i haven't seen racism probs here in my area.

Edited by sister_m82
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2006 at 7:23pm
Firewall great post, the unfortunate thing is not all Muslims practice Quranic knowledge how sad...
firewall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firewall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2006 at 11:21am
Originally posted by israfil israfil wrote:

"birds of different breeds mate with other birds"

how'd the babies look like?    i guess interracial marriege can breed gorgeous children. still in every marriege, even intraracial, it's Allah who puts the love in our hearts. so anything can happen.

And among His Signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the difference of your languages and colours. Verily, in that are indeed signs for men of sound knowledge. [Quran, 30:22]

O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know each other (not that you may despise each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (one who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things). [Quran, 49:13]

Edited by firewall
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2006 at 2:40pm

One of the things that saddens me about humanity is that none of us really see the value of  each other's culture. We are taught from birth that our culture, our language and pride resides within our own people and we must keep such a chain alive by not intermixing. This was the thought of the early Jews in the Bible actually when they were taken out of Egypt. Similar we see the same philosophies carried on today. Ignorance knows no religion. We teach ourselves as well as our children that it is ok to judge base on cultural preference and hide it behind the term, "individual preference."

This is not some attempt to say "I'm hurt from my experience" but in actuality to show that even when we profess faith in the values of the Qur'an that we are still blinded by our own internal ignorances. We can perhaps take example from the various birds of earth. I'm confident that their language isn't about culture or what birds looks like whom, but the survival of the species. I have seen through experiments birds of different breeds mate with other birds etc without reluctance of any kind. Point? Point here is that we must think along the lines of being a species rather along the lines of wherther or not culture survives.

I believe that culture of any kind survives so long as that individual survives and one can be taught the beauty of that culture through the ambition to teach. Sometimes I feel as if I'm the only human that actually thinks this. Actually, I truly believe that it will take on catestrophic event to bring us all together and to go beyond the lines of culture. I'm pretty sure this event will come soon.

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2005 at 8:32pm

Originally posted by candor candor wrote:

I doubt if you have ever come to India. But if you did, you have probably visited some metropolitan city. Usage of English language is the legacy of British coloniol rule, that was imposed on India. It has nothing to do with adopting Western culture.

I will agree with you on this.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
candor View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2005 at 8:36pm
And yes, Muslims are more reluctant to adopt Western culture, compared to non-Muslims.

Edited by candor
Courage is not absence of fear.
Smoking is injurious to health.
Bigger is the gun, smaller is the brain.
Intelligence=Knowledge+Imagination.
candor View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2005 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by Mishmish Mishmish wrote:

Brother Candor:

Where in India have they NOT adopted the "evil Western culture"? Everywhere in India the signs are in English as well as the native language. Men are wearing Western attire, as are some women, Bollywood is thriving, and American companies are relocating for the cheaper labor. Even you are posting on a chat room that is based in the United Kingdom.

I doubt if you have ever come to India. But if you did, you have probably visited some metropolitan city. Usage of English language is the legacy of British coloniol rule, that was imposed on India. It has nothing to do with adopting Western culture.

And yes, people have been affected by the Western culture, but only marginally, not much, i.e., to the extent that most men wear Western dresses. Very few people have adopted Western culture fully. Working for american company does not mean adopting Western culture.  

I came to know about this site through IC. And I came across IC while I was searching about Islam on the Internet through google.

Edited by candor
Courage is not absence of fear.
Smoking is injurious to health.
Bigger is the gun, smaller is the brain.
Intelligence=Knowledge+Imagination.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
  Share Topic