IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Interracial relationships  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interracial relationships

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2006 at 11:14am

I'm a very fair-skinned, blue eyed blond American female.  When I was young I dated both an Arab and a Black military officer.  In high school I dated young men of all races.  There is nothing wrong with different races dating, marrying, and having beautiful children.  Many of my friends have done so, and have very happy and stable marriages.  For those who disagree, I see that as their problem, no matter what country they live in or what religion they belong to.  This is just plain old ignorance to think it is wrong to have interracial marriages, imo.

Peace to all.....

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
schwester View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2006 at 10:34am
i've read some and talked some and seen some related people to this in my area. and you know what, i think this problem is made by muslims themselves. they themselves made FARE skinned girls (and nonmslim) qweens, and fare skinned men (reverted/etc) kings, even if they are uneducated fat naughty etc, it's only they got blue eyes and blond. what a bull****. i dunno, while there are so lots of black people in america doing leadership among fare skined people, why it is so big problem among musslims. i thought it's the problem of only nonmuslims. but after starting talking online with muslims, i'm really astonished by this.
Muslima View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2006 at 4:00am

This is the reason we need to educate people in those countries and in our countries too.

I think people are more educated than before and they are changing a lot more.

Salam brother!

Allah Ou Akbar!
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2006 at 7:12pm

Sister Muslima thank you for your understand......

Unfortunately, like evolution, people will have to gradually change their way of thinking and unfortunately it will not happen in my life time. I have seen too many cultural practices implimented behind the face of religion. Some practices justiy themselves using religion. These are unnecessary attributions to the Islamic culture.

Muslima View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2006 at 2:46pm

I do agree with you Asrafil!! 100%!

Tradition is not Islamic, unfortunately it is still very strong in many countries...

InshAllah, as people are getting more educated and that education is mor available to a greater number, it will change inshAllah!

We also need to free ourselves from the mentality of colonised people...Like in Nroth-African where we think it's better to  have a fair skin than a dark one. And same applies in the rest of African, or Asia.

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2006 at 10:20am

Well Muslimah the Arabs who practice this and are Muslims apparently do not understand that aspect of Islam. Islam, when it came to the Arabs came as a "non-traditional" religion. Sometimes we must see the big picture. If God truly wanted us to be separate then he wouldn't give all humasn on this earth the ability to generate children with others from different cultures. I'm sorry, I feel that any endogamous tradition practices and teaches children to "marry your own kind" is  simple prejudice that goes against Islamic teachings. How can you say you're a believer in the every word God mentions in the Qur'an yet practice prejudice. Again its hypocrisy!

Like I said before the religion of Islam when it came to the pagan Arabs was not an Arab tradition. The Bedouin Arabs who migrated and settled in Arabia worshipped many gods which became apart of their tradition and since the advent of Muhammad the religion of Islam has thus became apart of their tradition now. Sometimes change is good. The same can apply for interracial marriage.

Muslima View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muslima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 4:08am

This is true and I think also regarding Arabs, I think that when they decide they will marry an Arab, this is simply because these are very traditional societies,

Regarding the white supremacists, unfortunately, they are everywhere....They definitely cannot fit into Islam.

Omar_toriq View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Omar_toriq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2006 at 10:13am

Assalamu Alaikum Family,

This is a very good topic; I think a man or woman should be able to marry any race of people they choose because love is color blind. I do not think arranged marriages are right either you need to know someone if your going to spend the rest of you life with them. I think this whole race issue is largely due to lack of knowledge of other cultures and people not being taught history correctly. It is also being influenced by Western White Supremacists thinking that dark is bad and white is pure and great. Just look at the dark countries of the world vs. the whiter countries of the world see it first hand

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
  Share Topic