IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Interracial relationships  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interracial relationships

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 2:34pm
Israfil, I agree with you and I am in Interracial marriage. My husband is southasian and I am caucasion. He is fairly darkskinned and I am very white with blond hair and blue eyes.We have one child who is darker complected and one who is very fair with dark blond hair. I just said to a friend yesterday who southasain that I would rather my daughter marry anyone, black, white, mexican, anyone who is a really humble muslim and loves children and will adore my daughter. I don't care if he is a teacher or a mechanic or whatever, just as long as he is stable and hard working and has goals. I hope more muslims will have this attitude, and all that they say that oh according to Islam we are all equal, what a great religon, well from most people it is just hot air, they don't mean it a bit... Peace
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 1:32pm
Where are those individuals (men and women) who are so
animated about the right sof women and the right of men and
the rights of people? I don't think I've made one single
difference in what I said here what a waste.
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2005 at 10:33am

As'Salaamu Alaikum brothers,

I'm sure those of you who have seen my post regarding this issue (as well as the moderators) are probably tired of me bringing this up, but I have to say that this issue needs to be widely address. The lack of addressing this issue also says a lot about our Ummah (Muslim community). Under the guidance of Allah we are united under one single principle. Those in which assist in forming those principles are those keyelements that we need to retain one of which the prophet Muhammad spoke before his death was doing good deeds, and that, that is the determinant for the herefater.

He aslo stated that no white (person) is better than a black (person) and no black (person) is better than a white (person) only through good deeds. Now unfortunately centuries later there are still racial tensions in our community. In regards to choosing a mate a lot of cultures mostly Eastern and South asian culture tend to instill this cultural endogamy upon their children. If a daughter decides to marry a white man even if he shares the same faith I've seen that has become a problem. The question is why?

The usual response I get is: Well its called cultural compatibility. How can such an individual marry another from a different culture if he doesn't understand it? It wouldn't work out.

My response: How do you know? If the daughter chooses to marry outside the culture then its her choice and ultimately her decision. If the individual pleases her and respects her then why does culture in that instance matter? Isn't kind deeds and respect for our wives a rule in which the prophets addressed in Hadeeth? Didn't Allah say that we all were created in various forms and colors to know each other? Did he not say we are all from one single soul?

There is no refutation to what I say except ones ignorance of scripture and truth, and therefore we will still live in denial that racism doesn't exist in the Muslim community. Racism does exist in the Islamic community and what is funny is that we look at western society and complain, but the one thing I do respect is that western society does address the racism issue and event hough it still exist within that society it is still addressed by those men and women to address them unlike some of us within our community.

One of the things the prophet Jesus (AS) said in the Bible that I remember was "How can you take the needle out of your brothers eye when the needle is in your own eye?" translation: Why focus on one issue if you have an issue of your own?

Sound familiar?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
  Share Topic