IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Interracial relationships  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interracial relationships

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
LiamSmith View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiamSmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interracial relationships
    Posted: 01 September 2018 at 10:23am
Hey, i know sometimes its hard to stay calm with relationships, and when you got problems in it. Someone feel angry, someone feel sad. I would recommend you to try nootropics here:. There are a lot of stacks for everything you need!
LiamSmith View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiamSmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 3:10am
There is a big point of racism. In 21th sentury, ppl screaming about racism everywhere... I dont know why this happens...
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2006 at 12:56am
Well said sister Hafya
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2006 at 9:47am

hmm

"and my friend who's in US says that it's so scary to pass by black people especially when you're in a place where only black people gahter. so it makes scary to love a blackman? "

I think your friend must have gone into a "ghetto", which is very unsafe.  It is usually inhabited by the poor, drug addicted, alcoholic and violent gangs.  There are white slums too....and no one who cares for their own safety would ever want to go there either.  They are usually referred to as 'inner city' areas and they are quite dangerous to walk around in alone. 

We tend to associate poor, inner-city with danger and bad people. And this in this country is associated with black people. Through media, etc, I have seen many people either from the suburbs or immigrants think that poop=black=dangerous.

I go everywhere by bus in my city-Washington DC. Many times the buses go through less-developed areas. Many people would be afraid to be there. But alas I never have a day of trouble. Whereas my friend's father was murdered in one of the wealthiest neighborhoods. In a "good" neighborhood.

I have heard racist comments by many immigrants regarding black people. Their perception is through what they see on TV News.

I agree there are white slums as well but that is not what people think.

Having taught self-defense to many people, the reality of the situation is often different then what is the perception. Most people will be a victim of crime by someone from their own ethnic group.

Peace

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
schwester View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2006 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Jenni Jenni wrote:

Israfil, I think you might find it interesting that in Muslim countries
like Pakistan, Iran and even Arab countries that the more white you are
the more attractive you are considered to be. It is much harder for
example in Pakistan for� a girl or even a guy to get married to
someone if they are very dark complected. And if you have a child that
is very dark people will comment, or poor child they are so black. The
whole thing makes me sick, a woman could be totally beautiful but if
her complection is dark, most wouldn't notice it. It just shows you sad
thier culture is and thier love of white skin causes them to be so
shallow. Things are changing a little, very slowly. Inshalla people
will wake up and know that this discrimination is a sin, most people in
the world aren't white, I don't know why some who are not whish they
were, so sad... Peace

:(

Edited by schwester
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2006 at 12:32pm

Dear Schwester, you said this:

"and my friend who's in US says that it's so scary to pass by black people especially when you're in a place where only black people gahter. so it makes scary to love a blackman? "

I think your friend must have gone into a "ghetto", which is very unsafe.  It is usually inhabited by the poor, drug addicted, alcoholic and violent gangs.  There are white slums too....and no one who cares for their own safety would ever want to go there either.  They are usually referred to as 'inner city' areas and they are quite dangerous to walk around in alone. 

But they are very easily avoided, and the rest of the cities are quite nice and pleasant.  This is where your friend should be visiting.

God's Peace.

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
schwester View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2006 at 11:35am
Originally posted by schwester schwester wrote:

i've read some and talked some and seen some related people to this in my area. and you know what, i think this problem is made by muslims themselves. they themselves made FARE skinned girls (and nonmslim) qweens, and fare skinned men (reverted/etc) kings, even if they are uneducated fat naughty etc, it's only they got blue eyes and blond. what a bull****. i dunno, while there are so lots of black people in america doing leadership among fare skined people, why it is so big problem among musslims. i thought it's the problem of only nonmuslims. but after starting talking online with muslims, i'm really astonished by this.

oh sorry..i think, i turned to the wrong side. this should be under a thread about the problem of dark skinned people. just on another forum i've read that it's so difficult, almost impossible to find a nice job in Arabic countries like Saudi or UAE for those who have dark skin. stupid. and my friend who's in US says that it's so scary to pass by black people especially when you're in a place where only black people gahter. so it makes scary to love a blackman?
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2006 at 11:29am

I think people tend to gravitate towards thier own "culture" which is partially due to societal pressures and also a loack of critcal anaylsis.

I visited a friend from another cutlure for a few days. They were a decent Islamic household. And their actions were cultural. For instance: having 5 course meal with tea at 1am! (Now try and get up for morning prayers going to bed at that hour??). How we act, dress, food, language all makes people fee like they have a place, an identity. This is good for community but needs balance as to remember the greater meaning in a wider world. Most of us are not isolated. We live in a diverse and dynamic world. No culture has a monopoly on the good and correct way to be. Being exposed is not a bad thing to open up horizons and for self-growth. We have minds we should use them, in halal ways of course.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
  Share Topic