IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Islam, is it a culture or a religion?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Islam, is it a culture or a religion?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
truthfull View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truthfull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Islam, is it a culture or a religion?
    Posted: 03 June 2014 at 9:16pm

Not true

There are many attract to Islam

Forexample, there is post on forum
Which about girl fall in love with muslim

And she mentioned that Muslim is perfect

And she mentioned islamic law that he follow

Forexample, every time he met her, he take
With him his causion

This about islam rule not to sit with
Women alone

I did also read women convert to islam
Because man lower his eyes when she passed

It is also about law

Quran ;
Tell the believing men to reduce [some] of their vision

Some means you can enjoy nature and it
Doesn't mean you should lower eyes as long as you live

Not allowed in islam staring women

Culture is made by human
While Islam is Law of Creator

Edited by truthfull - 03 June 2014 at 9:21pm
Al Saadiqeen21 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Saadiqeen21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2014 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

I already knew you wouldn't try to process and would just repeat yourself.
*sigh

You cliam to have read / study Islam , If this was true you would know my post is 100% on point / facts . It just goes to show your still lying . about reading / studying Islam !

One doesn't go to school let His / her's mind to die , They go to school so that their mind will come alive .

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2014 at 12:02pm
I already knew you wouldn't try to process and would just repeat yourself.
*sigh
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Saadiqeen21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2014 at 11:05am

Greetings Al Saadiqeen,

If you will listen I will add a little to your education.

'and on the 7th day God rested' - is the way of saying that God ceased to create... He was finished creating.  It means an end to His work.

asalaam,
Caringheart

Don't even try it .

Islam is a way of life , Meaning they  live it 365 days a years 24/ 7 , Un-like christianity who only live it one day aweek which is Sunday , When they go to church , And their God , is not their because he is resting .

The Book of  1 Genesis 2 ; 2 , And On The Seventh Day God Ended His Work Which He Had Made , And He ( Rested  ) From All His Work Which God Created And Made . < King James Version ( Hebrew -Gree k ) Keyword Study Bible .

If the Christian God is Resting / Sleeping on Sunday the 7th day , according to their own Scriptures / Bible , Then who are the Christians really worshipping .

I'll tell you who , Reverend's , Minister's , Pastor's , Thats who , For these people cliam to speak for God , While he Resting / Sleeping Sunday morning .
One doesn't go to school let His / her's mind to die , They go to school so that their mind will come alive .

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2014 at 10:58am
Greetings Al Saadiqeen,

If you will listen I will add a little to your education.

'and on the 7th day God rested' - is the way of saying that God ceased to create... He was finished creating.  It means an end to His work.

and we are to do the same... to cease from work for one day in remembrance of the Creator.

A true Christian strives to observe and worship God with every day and action of his life... 'praying unceasingly for this is what is right'. 

14 Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.

15 See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.

16 Rejoice evermore.

17 Pray without ceasing.

18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

There is no doubt that the Creator does not hold in high esteem those that only go to their places of worship, on their day of worship, and forget Him, and forget to live in His ways, the rest of the week.

asalaam,
Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 24 May 2014 at 11:12am
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Saadiqeen21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2014 at 6:22pm

As I am reading tonight I have some thoughts.  I don't know how well to express them.  (I am not at home on my own computer so not as easy to hold a thought Tongue)
So anyway, just so I don't forget altogether I thought I would at least post the question that is in my mind.

Islam, is it a culture or is it a religion?  (or a regime?... I feel I have to ask that too)

The reason this question comes to my mind is because when I think of the people who are joining Islam... I believe it is the culture that attracts them.  I believe the Muslim people live in a way that has been missing in the world ever since the 1960's, and the drifting away from strongly held values, that we have seen change and alter the world, and not in good ways.  I believe we are seeing the bad fruits of drifting away from those values, while the Muslims, which came later, are still holding to those values.  I think we see something in them that we miss in our own society.

But I do not think the religion and the culture are one and the same.
I see a great deal of confusion in the religion, though the culture is attractive.
And though the culture is attractive, because the religion is not clear, it can also be dangerous.

I don't know if that really says what I am trying to express, but I gave it a shot.  I may add or change later.

But I would love any feedback.
Heart

Islam is a way of life , Meaning they  live it 365 days a years 24/ 7 , Un-like christianity who only live it one day aweek which is Sunday , When they go to church , And their God , is not their because he is resting .

The Book of  1 Genesis 2 ; 2 , And On The Seventh Day God Ended His Work Which He Had Made , And He ( Rested  ) From All His Work Which God Created And Made . < King James Version ( Hebrew -Gree k ) Keyword Study Bible .

If the Christian God is Resting / Sleeping on Sunday the 7th day , according to their own Scriptures / Bible , Then who are the Christians really worshipping .

I'll tell you who , Reverend's , Minister's , Pastor's , Thats who , For these people cliam to speak for God , While he Resting / Sleeping Sunday morning .

Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2012 at 4:44am
Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

Originally posted by Matt Browne Matt Browne wrote:

Matt, you are right in Islam, the Quran does not teach honor killing. It must be a cultural thing, not just limited to the Arabs either.
I totally agree. A good example is Sicily in Italy. Plenty of honor killings there.

In religious teaching it is surprising that only the Judeo-Christian teaching command honor killings. In the Bible we read: Leviticus 20:10
And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.
Hasan
Yes, and this is why two things are so important1) We need to understand the historical context of when this was written2) We need to make sure that religions have the capability to evolveIn Qur'an 4:24 we read:"Also forbidden are women already married, except slave girls (those whom your right hands possess). Thus has Allah ordained for you. All others are lawful, provided you seek them from your property, desiring chastity, not fornication. So with those among them whom you have enjoyed, give them their required due, but if you agree mutually after the requirement has been determined, there is no sin on you."Like Christianity, the understanding of Islam has evolved and I can't think of an Islamic scholar who promotes slavery. In the 7th century slavery was part of the culture, but it is no longer in the 21st century. Slavery is wrong. For the same reason, the death penalty for adulterers is wrong. Leviticus 20:10 isn't applied anymore.Btw, I'm a secular German Protestant.

Matt,
religion is not a human that evolves LOL! so to speak.
What is declared lawful (halal)by God no one can change it to be unlawful (haram). Same way if something is declared unlawful (Haram) with time or area it can never become lawful (Halal), at least that is the case in Islam.
So I do not know how evolution plays that well as you try it to?
I you saying it was OK and lawful what the Catholic Church and Popes did inquisition period that lasted many centuries. Was that part of evolution of Catholicism?
Hasan

Indeed Matthias Breun would like to 'modernise' Islam like how they have 'modernised' Christianity. What they fail to understand is that what was revealed in the 7th century is relevant today. Similarly what was revealed to Prophet Musa (Alayhi Salaam) is relevant today. What Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala reveals to mankind is for all time not just for the century it was revealed in. His words will never change, only men try to change it.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2012 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by Matt Browne Matt Browne wrote:

Matt, you are right in Islam, the Quran does not teach honor killing. It must be a cultural thing, not just limited to the Arabs either.
I totally agree. A good example is Sicily in Italy. Plenty of honor killings there.

In religious teaching it is surprising that only the Judeo-Christian teaching command honor killings. In the Bible we read: Leviticus 20:10
And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.
Hasan
Yes, and this is why two things are so important1) We need to understand the historical context of when this was written2) We need to make sure that religions have the capability to evolveIn Qur'an 4:24 we read:"Also forbidden are women already married, except slave girls (those whom your right hands possess). Thus has Allah ordained for you. All others are lawful, provided you seek them from your property, desiring chastity, not fornication. So with those among them whom you have enjoyed, give them their required due, but if you agree mutually after the requirement has been determined, there is no sin on you."Like Christianity, the understanding of Islam has evolved and I can't think of an Islamic scholar who promotes slavery. In the 7th century slavery was part of the culture, but it is no longer in the 21st century. Slavery is wrong. For the same reason, the death penalty for adulterers is wrong. Leviticus 20:10 isn't applied anymore.Btw, I'm a secular German Protestant.

Matt,
religion is not a human that evolves LOL! so to speak.
What is declared lawful (halal)by God no one can change it to be unlawful (haram). Same way if something is declared unlawful (Haram) with time or area it can never become lawful (Halal), at least that is the case in Islam.
So I do not know how evolution plays that well as you try it to?
If you saying it was OK and lawful what the Catholic Church and Popes did during inquisition period that lasted many centuries, as part of evolution of Catholicism?
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 10 December 2012 at 2:29pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic