IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Marriage separation during Ramadan  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Marriage separation during Ramadan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tea55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marriage separation during Ramadan
    Posted: 11 July 2012 at 6:58am
My husband's Muslim & we've been separated since he walked out on our marriage 4 months ago. It's been an awful time for me. I'm a non-practising, God-fearing christian. We have no children.
Soon after MH left, he took up with a woman (also christian who drinks & smokes), posting photos of them together on FB & generally behaving like a single man with no responsibilities. When I told him his FB activities were hurtful & disrespectful, he eventually removed all the photos, saying he'd had no intention of hurting me. Likewise, SHE also changed her profile. They are still seeing each other at the moment. I've had hardly any contact with MH. He never mentions divorce & only recently collected a bag of his belongings but still has a lot of his person stuff here, including the Quran.
A Muslima friend of mine said that he would probably not see this woman during Ramadan. I know what he's doing is completely haram. He only recently told me he no longer goes out & has become like an old man. This is because he's broke, paying high rent for room & for the first time isn't really as free as he had hoped. He didn't want to remain married but live like 'free' man, having fun & not being told what to do. Well, now, he has financial worries & no home. He told me more than 2 months ago that he'd lost his faith.
I'd like to know how the forum users perceive such behaviour, especially with the approach of Ramadan & knowing that MH is very observant at this time.
The other thing is, I'm quite few years older than MH. We started out very happy, then he started to change: going out without me, chatting to women on the net & inviting women'friends' on FB. He's generally been behaving very badly & acting up like an immature teenager.
Sorry if I've repeated myself in this post. Thank you for any opinions/advise - God bless.

Edited by Tea55 - 13 July 2012 at 3:11pm
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2012 at 5:52am
Dear Tea55

Im sorry to hear about your situation. May you find peace and deliverance from this.

Your husband, am afraid has behaved very unloving, uncaring and unthoughtful towards you. Any husband, irrespective of his faith should not do this to the one he has tied the sacred knot with.

It is not the islamic perspective alone, rather from the perspective of a relationship between a husband and a wife, am afraid this man is failing you - if what you have said is entirely the case.
Think about yourself, your happiness, and your future. You dont necessarily have to waste yourself for someone who does not care much. This situation is so plain, and I wonder why do you ask anything ... you should know already what to do.

As for your other question, i pray, he being a muslim has the decency to remain far from sins during the month of ramadan.Ameen. Can anyone take guarantee for another soul? I doubt!

Good luck!

Edited by Nausheen - 15 July 2012 at 5:53am
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2012 at 4:18pm
I agree with Nausheen's post. A good muslim (or even an average one) doesn't go around doing the things your husband was doing.
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic