IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - a question I have regarding Muhammad  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

a question I have regarding Muhammad

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by sultan sultan wrote:

A simple answer on why I believe Muhammad is a prophet of God is because the Qur'an states that Muhammad Rasul'Allah. I do not deny the Qur'an and all the teachings inside.

One further thing...
The Qur'an did not write itself.
Using your logic we could all write a book that says we are a prophet and because the book says so it must be true.
This is flawed logic.  The man testifying to the book being true, and the book testifying to the man being true.
What proof is there of the book or the man?

I still respect your belief though.  It is your right to believe.
Salaam
Usmani View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usmani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2012 at 12:36am
caringheart,

Quote:-All my research confirms the absolute truth of the Bible and its preserved Word.

Please include this book in your research.

http://www.guidedways.com/articles/isbiblewordofgod.php

Engage your self in good deeds,otherswise yours nafs will engage you in bad deeds
sultan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sultan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2012 at 2:20am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Faith, it's almost ignorance.
If this is true then why is it unacceptable for others to have 'faith' in many gods.� If no proof is needed, only ignorance.� Who is to say that their 'faith' is wrong, or misplaced?� If we all follow our own ignorance.� My God said to 'discern the truth'... to 'test and approve all things' that you might not be led astray. We are warned that satan is a deceiver, and that the 'enemy prowls like a lion waiting to devour'. I do appreciate your honest reply.� Thank you.We are also told that we must come to Him as little children(trusting in faith, wise about what is good and innocent about what is evil) - the words of JesusI think to be wise about what is good though, we must examine what we believe.[IMG]smileys/smiley27.gif" align="absmiddle" alt="Heart" />

Yes, so does the Qur'an that states that the book is for those who ponder and give thought.

I'm just saying personally that when satan comes at every angle and I'm put in a corner, my faith becomes almost at level with ignorance. I hold on to God and 1 God only, and deny what man associates with. Then shutting my two ears with my fingers and screaming "LA LA LA" hahaha.

Edited by sultan - 13 July 2012 at 2:36am
sultan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sultan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2012 at 2:35am

A simple answer on why I believe Muhammad is a prophet of God is because the Qur'an states that Muhammad Rasul'Allah. I do not deny the Qur'an and all the teachings inside.

One further thing...The Qur'an did not write itself.Using your logic we could all write a book that says we are a prophet and because the book says so it must be true.This is flawed logic.� The man testifying to the book being true, and the book testifying to the man being true.What proof is there of the book or the man?I still respect your belief though.� It is your right to believe.Salaam

Yes, and so did the Torah, and Injil. Those books did not write itself and probably said that Moses is the prophet of God, and Jesus the prophet of God. Nothing writes itself, that's why God orders messengers. That's why people don't follow prophets and messengers.

Yes we all could write a book, claim to be a prophet and make other claims. But, if there were no previous prophets and messengers, then one, the first one came today and claim that he speaks to an angel, or speaks directly to God and brought with him from his memory, or written on paper the sayings of God. I seriously doubt seeing myself following a crazy person with those claims. Or some dude says that there will be a big flood, so he decides to build a big boat and collect animals one by one for hundreds of years, seriously, who would follow that guy? There is no proof! I would, like in the Qur'an mention of nonbelievers, ask that crazy man to show me proof! Why don't God send angels as His messenger, not man. Why don't God send His sign and miracles.

And so, with that in mind. I surrender to God.
peace.

Edited by sultan - 13 July 2012 at 2:40am
docbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote docbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2012 at 8:36am
Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) Truly Is the Prophet of Allah

This research has compiled evidence, proofs, verses, signs and miracles (including the miraculous nature of the Quran) which combine to prove the prophecy of Muhammad (sws). Many brilliant scholars have studied this evidence (some of which is scientific), and become convinced of the Message of Muhammad (sws) and the trustworthiness of the Quran and Hadith (the sayings and actions of the Prophet Muhammad, sws).

Edited by docbro - 13 July 2012 at 8:38am
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2012 at 9:31am
As'alaamu Alaikkum

Caringheart as you are set in your ways meaning that you believe in Christianity and what it stands for such as the deity of Christ, the Holy Trinity etc I don't think you or we would benefit from our discussions. Many a time, discussions such as this tend to go around in circles mainly because Christians who believe that Christianity is right and correct could never understand Islam. However, I will endeavor to reply to the points you have made Insha'Allah.

This is just who I believe Muhammad to be. I do not doubt that he wanted to be a man of God. But here's the way I see it after much study. Muhammad came and he said of himself that he was a prophet of God - and because he spoke with beautiful words he was believed. Muhammad came and said not to believe in the Bible (which was what itching ears wanted to hear anyway since he was speaking to a people who had already rejected the One God religion). He said not to believe in the Bible even though it is the testimony of many writers - and because he said he was a prophet of God, he was believed... Or was it because he came with power to do harm? Muhammad came and said not to believe what was known and testified about Jesus - and he was believed because he claimed to be a prophet of God and came with power(the power of the sword), power to do harm.

This is true of ALL the prophets of God. They all claimed to be sent by God Almighty. If you are saying that Muhammed (pbuh) wrote the Holy Qur'an and claimed to be from God, then we can also say the same thing about Moses and Jesus (peace be unto them). To say that he came with the power of the sword and to do harm is very offensive. I don't know where you did your research but the only people he fought were his own people, his own blood namely the polytheists of the tribe of Quraish. It is defaming to say that Islam was spread by the sword, it was spread by Muslims showing the true meaning of what Islam is and that is that it is a religion of peace and a true religion sent by God. Also he never told anybody to not to believe in the Bible or the Torah for that matter. He had the greatest respect for the people of the book and he made sure that his companions and the Muslims also showed great respect towards them. Muhammed (pbuh) also testified and affirmed that Jesus (pbuh) was a great prophet and messenger of God, the Messiah.

and yet the Bible itself foretold of all these things... that one would come preaching another Gospel and speaking against Christ.

This is in fact a reference to the Ad Dajjal who is the Anti-Christ.

To justify himself, or perhaps it is the Immams that seek a way to justify his claim... it is said of him that he is the Comforter of which Jesus spoke, but this is not possible. Jesus was clear that the Comforter would be Spirit not man... specifically the Holy Spirit... the One who would come after He was gone, to be with His disciples. That the Spirit(the Comforter) could not come until He went. He was clear that the Holy Spirit would be, He Himself, indwelt in them. Muhammad could not come to Jesus' disciples(was he even born yet?). He certainly would not claim to be a disciple of Jesus. He was not spirit, and he could not indwell in any human being.

Believing as you do, you could not possibly see the other side. Muhammed (pbuh) was strengthened and given revelations by the Archangel Jibril (Gabriel) and in Islam he is known as the Ruh or the Spirit. It is an insult to God if you say that His spirit indwells the Christians who are sinful creatures. What I mean is that nobody is free from sin.

I do not doubt that Muhammad wanted a better world, and I think he knew the Word of God and saw this as a way of accomplishing his purposes. But, I see him as setting himself up much as Pharaoh did... as Lord and ruler... whatever it took to win the people to become united.

To compare a holy prophet of God with Pharoah is very insulting considering what Pharoah did to his subjects.

Here is just one example: Narated By Abu Huraira : Allah's Apostle said, "By Him in Whose Hands my life is, none of you will have faith till he loves me more than his father and his children." - Sahih Bukhari Volume 001, Book 002, Hadith Number 013. 37 He that loveth father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. (Matthew 10, Luke 14) 32 Whosoever therefore shall confess Me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. 33 But whosoever shall deny Me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. (Matthew 10)

The context here is that for a person to find salvation, one must love the message and the messenger more than his family. His family is not going to save the soul of a believer. In fact we must believe in all of the prophets of God and their message to be saved.

Islam simply takes the known scriptures and changes them to fit their circumstances and purpose. Do you see(notice) that the Hadith leaves out the mother here? This is to fit Islamic culture and purpose. At least that is what I see. I have many other examples.

I don't know if you'e read the Holy Qur'an and understood it, but it actually corrects the errors that are in the Torah and the Gospels.

On a personal note however I do not think that by having the views and belief that you have that you will ever find the truth. For a start, one must be guided to the Truth by God Himself, he says that he sets a seal on the hearts of the disbelievers.

No offence intended in any of the comments above.
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2012 at 9:36am

One further thing...The Qur'an did not write itself.Using your logic we could all write a book that says we are a prophet and because the book says so it must be true.This is flawed logic.� The man testifying to the book being true, and the book testifying to the man being true.What proof is there of the book or the man?I still respect your belief though.� It is your right to believe.Salaam

Caringheart, you can use this analogy on all of the prophets and messngers of God. The Torah and the Gospels did not write themsleves either. All were inspirations from God sent to His servants. To a believer, the book and the messenger is true. This is faith.
abjad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abjad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2012 at 10:17am

Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

Question: If Islam is not a new religion as you say, how can it be explained that it was never spoken of by anyone, anywhere, before Muhammad came along?
It was men, mere human beings who chnaged His message into what they wanted to be and deviated from the truth.

I say this not to blaspheme, or to insult anyone, but only to share my own opinion, the conclusions I have reached as I have studied.

"It was men, mere human beings who chnaged His message into what they wanted to be and deviated from the truth."

This is just who I believe Muhammad to be.  I do not doubt that he wanted to be a man of God.  But here's the way I see it after much study.
Muhammad came and he said of himself that he was a prophet of God
- and because he spoke with beautiful words he was believed.
Muhammad came and said not to believe in the Bible (which was what itching ears wanted to hear anyway since he was speaking to a people who had already rejected the One God religion).  He said not to believe in the Bible even though it is the testimony of many writers
- and because he said he was a prophet of God, he was believed... Or was it because he came with power to do harm?
Muhammad came and said not to believe what was known and testified about Jesus
- and he was believed because he claimed to be a prophet of God and came with power(the power of the sword), power to do harm.

and yet the Bible itself foretold of all these things... that one would come preaching another Gospel and speaking against Christ.

To justify himself, or perhaps it is the Immams that seek a way to justify his claim... it is said of him that he is the Comforter of which Jesus spoke, but this is not possible.  Jesus was clear that the Comforter would be Spirit not man... specifically the Holy Spirit... the One who would come after He was gone, to be with His disciples.  That the Spirit(the Comforter) could not come until He went.  He was clear that the Holy Spirit would be, He Himself, indwelt in them.  Muhammad could not come to Jesus' disciples(was he even born yet?).  He certainly would not claim to be a disciple of Jesus.   He was not spirit, and he could not indwell in any human being. 

I do not doubt that Muhammad wanted a better world, and I think he knew the Word of God and saw this as a way of accomplishing his purposes.  But, I see him as setting himself up much as Pharaoh did... as Lord and ruler... whatever it took to win the people to become united.

Here is just one example:
Narated By Abu Huraira : Allah's Apostle said, "By Him in Whose Hands my life is, none of you will have faith till he loves me more than his father and his children." - Sahih Bukhari Volume 001, Book 002, Hadith Number 013.

37 He that loveth father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. (Matthew 10, Luke 14)
32 Whosoever therefore shall confess Me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
33 But whosoever shall deny Me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. (Matthew 10)

Islam simply takes the known scriptures and changes them to fit their circumstances and purpose.  Do you see(notice) that the Hadith leaves out the mother here?  This is to fit Islamic culture and purpose.  At least that is what I see.  I have many other examples.

Thank you for responding to my question. Heart  and listening to my reply Smile
Salaam

Asalaam aleykum,

I say this not to blaspheme, or to insult anyone, but only to share my own opinion, the conclusions I have reached as I have studied.

"It was men, mere human beings who chnaged His message into what they wanted to be and deviated from the truth."

just a simple answer will do:-

do  you believe.?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
  Share Topic