IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : New Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - looking for my place in the sun  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

looking for my place in the sun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter
Starter

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlh123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: looking for my place in the sun
    Posted: 22 June 2012 at 1:57am

salaam walaikum.

I signed up for this forum hoping to make some kind of connection.  I have tried for many years to connect with humans but it doesn't work. I converted almost ten years ago and it wasn't a good thing for me.  Instead of becoming a better person the opposite happened.  I had more faith before becoming muslim than now.  I do not understand and I have too much anger, fury and rage for most people to handle.  I don't know if this will work, but I don't want to be alone.

peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2012 at 10:22am

Walaikum Salam,

Welcome to the forum! May you find this place beneficial. May Allah (Exalted is He) guide us all. 

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
nothing View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2012 at 11:22am
Originally posted by tlh123 tlh123 wrote:

salaam walaikum.

I converted almost ten years ago and it wasn't a good thing for me.  Instead of becoming a better person the opposite happened.  I had more faith before becoming muslim than now.  I do not understand and I have too much anger, fury and rage for most people to handle.  I don't know if this will work, but I don't want to be alone.

I used to have that but because other people made me that way. I live alone now and I live in the smiling world. A bit lonely though but I weigh the pros and the cons of living with somebody who is not getting along, I decided living alone is a good bargain.LOL
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2012 at 5:58am
Walaikkum As'alaam

Many reverts have this problem unfortunately. There are varied and weird reasons why this happens. Most of the time, it is that the new reverts do not receive any kind of help when they convert. Many born Muslims are susupicious of reverts and tend to be aloof and unwelcoming, especially for women.

What you must do is to find comfort in the words of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala and read the Holy Qur'an daily. The internet is the best place for translated Qur'an and there are also many other resources, try also to read the Hadiths of the Prophet as there are goldmines of information in how they lived and the revelations that he received.

I am very lucky as I live in an Islamic country and there are many Islamic centres that help new converts. The people, especially the imam, at tmy local masjid are also a great help.

If you can try to connect with sisters from your local masjid, and bear in mind that they may not be very welcoming at first. Asian women especially  tend to stick to their own race and do not really mingle with other races. So my advise is to persevere until you find a friend who can guide and help you. If there is a masjid nearby try to attend it as often as possible, you never know you might see a regular and you might get to talking and a frienship may develop.

Don't give up on God. Remember also that shaytan is after new converts, he will try to make you deviate from the Stright Path so do not give in to him.

May Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala guide you and make it easy for you to stay on the Striaght Path. Ameen. 
tlh123 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlh123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 12:05pm
Well from what I understand all of the Prophets companions were reverts, so all born muslims who are judgemental when the Qu'ran says not to judge are hypocrites.

Edited by tlh123 - 12 July 2012 at 1:45pm
tlh123 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlh123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 1:34pm
To me muslims that I have met are highly judgemental and self righteous people who have no idea what the difference between culture and religion is. I am not arab or african or tunisian or anything else. I'm sick of being told in one form or another that I'm going to hell because I don't act like a Nigerian, but when I do what the nigerains do then the Pakis think I'm horrible.  WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE!!!!??????

WHAT A MISTAKE!!!!  I became a muslim because I wanted to worship GOD. It was my understanding from reading the qu'ran OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN that ALLAH is the one who judges ALL OF US!!!!  Not you sunni and shia bickering in the mosques and all the backbiting women who gossip about everyone like they have any clue about the contents of anyone's heart or soul. 

This looks to me to be just as ugly and disgusting and repulsive and revolting as anything.  YOU MIGHT AS WELL ALL GO GET DRUNK AND FORNICATE!!!!! 

tlh123 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlh123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2012 at 1:44pm
The last thing I'm going to say before I log off is this:  Who among you on the day of Judgment will have any excuse?

How can a people who claim to be so much better than Christians and Jews make themselves like Christians and Jews and remain arrogant about how much better they are than others?

How horrible and disgusting is it that the same da'wa freaks out there urging everyone to become muslim then turn right around and dog out new muslims?  That is despicable!  SHAME ON YOU!!!!!

Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2012 at 3:15am
You have to remember that Muslims are human beings too with all the faults that go with it. Most are also what you say they are. They think that they are automatically going to heaven without making any effort and because they were born into a Muslim family.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic