IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Readiness to Start Sholat after Menstruation  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Readiness to Start Sholat after Menstruation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote None39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Readiness to Start Sholat after Menstruation
    Posted: 18 June 2012 at 8:33pm
Assalamu'alaikum,

Every month after the menstruation, I always have a hard time to start sholat because after 8 days menstruation, I always have the discharge which is black which make me hesitate to start sholat.

Do you think it is prohibited for women to sholat when they still received the discharege with black color? Because for me the discharge is blood too.

I am really appreciate your response, so I can peacefully understand and will not hesitate to do my obligation.

Thank you and wassalamu'alaikum

Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2012 at 11:27pm
Walaikum assalam wa rahmatullah

The fiqh of hayd (menstruation) varies greatly between the madhabs.

According to Hanafi madhab (the only ruling which I know), valid blood lasts for 10 days (240 hrs to be exact). Everything outside this is regarded  as istihada - ie not mensus - a woman is obliged to perform her salat (and fasting in ramadan) during this time.

I dont know which madhab you follow, so please, if you are not hanafi, do not regard this post of any significance.

According to Hanafi fiqh, a woman has a habit (adah) which amounts to her last valid blood and last valid tuhr. If you are seeing anything other than white beyond 10 days of blood, then return to your habit.

eg, if your habit is of 7 days if blood and 21 days of tuhr, then all  blood that exeeds 10 days will be regarded. as istehada. and the like. Ofcourse the knowledgee of this will be gained in hindsight, ie when you bleed for more than 10 days.

If the black color becomes clear in 240 hrs of the beginning of first show of blood, then there is no need to worry. Just wait till it gets clear, then perform your ghusl. So in any case wait till 240 hrs, then decide what to do.

Hope this helps.

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2012 at 11:28pm
Just wanted to add, if you are seeing any colored discharge beyond 10 days, you must see a gynecologist.
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic