IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Your Ideal Wife  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your Ideal Wife

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2005 at 9:31am
.......ok

Edited by ak_m_f
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2005 at 11:11am
Originally posted by Brother123 Brother123 wrote:

You mean you dont appreciate Islam. Nothing to do with Taliban your issue is with islam. You just cant stand women being dressed like the Prophets wives or the sahabiyat. Well boil in your anger because more and more educated Muslim women are choosing to be dressed in Niqab and stay at home etc.

And Muslim women wont stand for Misguided or Munafic women (or   men)telling them they should be like kaffir women and not like the wives of the Prophet (peace be upon him)

www.shariahway.com

what about when muslim womans went in the battle fields during the time of prophet and served as "medics"

the women Companions accompanied the men to battle to nurse the wounded and feed the thirsty. For example, Umm Ayman, the nurse and freedwoman of the Prophet, was present at the battle of Uhud in 4/625, at Khaybar in 7/628, and at Hunayn in 8/630, primarily in her capacity as a nurse

Do you know that woman fought on the battlefields?

most famous female warrior of the early Islamic period is the Ansari woman Nusayba bt. Ka'b, also known as Umm 'Umara. She was present at Uhud, al-Hudaybiyya(9/630), Khaybar, Hunayn, and al-Yamama (12/633-34). At Uhud, she (along with her mother, according to some accounts) valiantly defended Muhammad when the tide began to turn against the Muslims. She fought with a sword and a bow and arrow, sustaining severe injuries in the process. Her assailant was a man named Ibn Qumi'a from the opposing Makkan side, who had loudly declared his intention to kill the Prophet. Umm 'Umara would later proudly state that she had managed to strike at Ibn Qumi'a, ruing, however, the fact that "the enemy of God had on two suits of armor." She would later lose a hand at al-Yamama during the battle against the false prophet Musaylima after the fall of Mecca in 9/630

And Prophet used to be a merchent for a woman who owned business.

more educated Muslim women are choosing to be dressed in Niqab and stay at home etc

So you are telling me that after spending $40,000 in university they sit in home? then wahts the point of wasting those $$$ if they will not help you in the life

Edited by ak_m_f
Abeer23 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abeer23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2005 at 2:12pm

akmf, I don't shake hands with men and I've never had a problem with my male employers, co-workers, or guys that just stop me to ask about Islam.  They're actually really cool about it.  The ONLY men that have ever complained about me not shaking their hands were muslim men (this is not a joke).  

Salaam

ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2005 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Abeer23 Abeer23 wrote:

The ONLY men that�have ever complained about me not shaking their hands�were muslim men (this is not a joke).��

damn.....
Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadija1021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2005 at 9:16pm

Brother123,

Did you know that there is only one reason stated in the entire Qur'an for restricting a woman to her home?  I have been looking for ayats to confirm your position (since you fail to do so) on women being restricted to their homes and I could only come up with one.  It is Ayat 15 of sura Nissa.  It is as follow:

(Sura Nissa, Ayat 15) If any of your women are guilty of lewdness, take the evidence of four (reliable) witnesses from amongst you against them; and if they testify, confine them to houses until death do claim them, or Allah ordain for them some (other) way.

This would imply that you and men like you believe that all women are guilty of lewdness and therefore deserve to be confined to their homes, or by confining them to their homes, you are protecting women from committing lewdness.  This doesn�t paint a very position picture about how you and men like you view women.  Do you really think that unless women are locked away from the rest of the world they will be adulteresses or prostitutes?  Don�t you have any faith in Allah?  Or do you think that only men can be truly righteous?  Maybe you should simply start backing up what you say with some ayats from the Qur�an or some hadiths.

I don�t have to read your list, I know that the only criterion any righteous Muslim should use in choosing a wife is the level of her faith in Alllah.

�A woman is married for four things, i.e., her wealth, her family status, her beauty and her religion.  So you should marry the religious woman (otherwise) you will be a loser.� (Hadith 027 of Vol 7, Book 62, Shahi Bukhari)

Maybe Allah protect the woman who ends up being locked away in your house.  Ameen.

And by the way, who do you think you are?  When did Allah come to earth and give you the right and power to judge who is or isn't on His Straight Path?  The last time I read the Qur'an (which by the way was today), Allah reserved that position for Him and Him alone.

PAZ,

Khadija

Edited by Khadija1021
Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2005 at 10:43am

To Brother 123,

Brother 0ne-two-three,with coming from the ayat(4*15)which Sister Khadija showed us,if staying in homes for women is the way Allah showed to us for living the best as u say???;then how it could be same for the punishment of adultery if it is the way shown for happiness?...i think you are wrongly commenting on the other ayats...i leave the rest for u if u want to search...:)

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2006 at 7:31am

Salam Alaikum.....

Brother123, I think you must first decide where do you want life with your ideal wife. Muslim or Non Muslim country...

BTW:I found at your site some social lifes articles intereting for me...

fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2006 at 6:27am

bismillah irrahman irrahim

assalamu alaikum

com'n giv the brother a chance, honestly i cant figure out bout this outrage, now let me tell u this story from life of Sayyidina Muhammad (saw), It is related from Ali (ra) that he said that once he was sitting among many sahabah (ra) n they were discussing what is best quality of a women n they could not comeup with any definite answer so they all retired from this meetin n went to their homes now when Ali (ra) got home he told this to Fatima (ra) n asked her opinion on that She said best quality of a women is that she does not see a na-mehram n is not seen by a na-mehram. next day Ali (ra) met Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) n told him the whole thing a Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) said she is a part of me, subhanAllah.  n bout her it is said that on day of judgement it will b announced that every1 lower their gazes bcos fatima (ra) is comin, subhanAllah such a status

i know every1 will say time has changed, this that n so much more but being honest when i had a break from me finishing uni n startin work, that was best time of my life, I know every1 has different levels of imaan but that feeling of closeness to ur lord i would giveup every thing for that, i suppose its just matter of choice nothing got2 do wiv time

wassalam

Edited by fatima
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic