IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : New Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Women and Fasting  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Women and Fasting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Women and Fasting
    Posted: 04 June 2012 at 2:14am
Salaam,

Welcome to ICforum and welcome to Islam too.

Fasting Monday, Thursday and fasting 3 days on the middle (14th,15th,16th) of the hijri month (not Gregorian month) are recommended to every Muslim both men and women.

Fasting Monday and Thursday were very dear to Prophet Muhammad pbuh, according to the sirah he never missed this fastings.

So IMHO, this fastings are very good exercise to prepare the Ramadan fasting, because this year Ramadan and ahead will be a bit longer then previous year.

Edited by semar - 04 June 2012 at 2:18am
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
truebeliever510 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truebeliever510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2012 at 6:12pm
Asalaamu Alaikum everyone :)

I am a fairly new revert, and I was wondering about weekly fasting. Inshallah I will fast during Rahmadan, but I wanted to get more information on fasting weekly. Do women fast weekly, or is this option only for the men? I was thinking about fasting on Mondays and Thursdays, or 3 days out of the month. I will be very grateful for any informed response.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic