IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Proofs of Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Proofs of Islam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILoveAll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Proofs of Islam
    Posted: 26 May 2012 at 6:19pm
I need to gather some proof to show my friends that islam is the true religion
nothing View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2012 at 5:01am
I am just wandering what is the criteria that can be considered proof.
I think the only proof of Islam that can be presented is the Qur'an itself. Prophet Muhammad existence depend on it.

sultanmuradII View Drop Down

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sultanmuradII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2012 at 10:02am
Salam,

Does your friend believe in the existence of a Creator of the universe, if not this is a good start.

I recommend Abdur-Raheem Green, he has done some simple but excellent talks on this topic.
islamforever69 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamforever69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2012 at 2:03am

Try Hamza Yusuf the American scholar, as it appears you  being from USA.. On You tube, scientists have studied the Quran looking for fault, only to  have proclaimed the Quran to be the truth and half reverted to Islam.. the French Prof Dr Maurice Bucaille who studied Quran and reverted to Islam after discovering Pharoah body.. and the list continues..
crishjohanna View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crishjohanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2012 at 6:44am
I was raised Muslim, but there's a thought that I can't get out of my head. No matter how hard I try, I can't come to resolution. What if we're wrong? I've never seen anything to prove without a doubt that Islam is any truer than any other religion. And then I think about humanity.
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamforever69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2012 at 3:10am

Salam.. I am happy to show you countless proofs, but if your heart is not true then who gains insight. Start with the word "verily', then email me and I shall put forth as much proof as you require. I will gladly highlight the corruption of the Hebrew bible , the bible of both 'Yahweh' and 'Elohim'. The corruption of the new Testament to reveal many and varied influences that helped form the texts. The exclusion of Saint Barnabas, the influences of Paul's letters on Reformation, and the manipulation of revelation by Christians fundamentalists. I leave you with this thought .. All other significant religions were named after the individual they poised to worship, (Judah..Judism, Christ..Christian) but Islam was named by Allah (swt) in the Quran. Then we can look at the Quran.. Then the holy city of Mecca, our Prophet (saw) and proofs will overwhelm you...

nothing View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2012 at 10:03am
Originally posted by crishjohanna crishjohanna wrote:

I was raised Muslim, but there's a thought that I can't get out of my head. No matter how hard I try, I can't come to resolution. What if we're wrong? I've never seen anything to prove without a doubt that Islam is any truer than any other religion. And then I think about humanity.

The first recorded doubt like yours was Ali bin Abi Talib, the 4th Caliph. In his writing he stated that in performing Islam he did it as gamble with two possible outcomes, either God's promised is true or God's promise is false. But he did not want to fall in the wrong side, so he did it - as gamble. His reasoning was, if after what he spent for Islam with the loss of time, energy and property was for nothing because God's promise is false than that's it, he lost the gamble. And the people who did not do like him won the gamble by utilizing the time, energy and property for the extra enjoyment on top of their enjoyment.

BUT, if the promised of God is true therefore the paradise and hell are also true and they are eternal. From this reasoning he came to the conclusion that doing the religious duties was the better bet.

Of course his name for this reasoning are not be found in any today's literature because this is the muslim logic. But you can find the same exact reasoning by the name Pascal wager, by Frenchman Blaise Pascal.

Happy learning.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal%27s_Wager
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamforever69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2012 at 12:39pm

What literature is this found in..?? Is this your Islam.. ?? A question, how could  Ali (as) who was raised in the household of the prophet(saw) ever explained  his religion to a metaphor of sinful gambling. I am interested in your source please..!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic