IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Lost but looking  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lost but looking

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Contimplator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lost but looking
    Posted: 11 May 2012 at 12:56am
Hi everyone.....

i was baptised as catholic but when i was a teenager i started questioning things. i cant believe a man who came from a woman is God. i cant believe babies are born with sin. i cant believe that a man dies for our sins. these things were obvious to me. so i have removed myself from that religion.

at present i am just a lost soul. im depressed, stressed and deeply sad. how can i be content when im trying to find God's way but seem to get so lost.

i think its obvious there is a God. i believe in that with my heart and soul. i like the concept Islam offers which is God is One and worthy of our worship. I like the fact that Islam doesnt seem to have any pagan roots, well not that i have discovered.

i wAs into the whole conspiracy theory stuff and illuminati concept but that just takes me further from finding the answers i need.

i have posted some questions in the non muslim section that are waiting for approval so please go over and have a read. help is appreciated.

peace
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 7:13am
Hi, and welcome!
Contimplator View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Contimplator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 4:52pm
48 people read my post...i person replies. u wonder why people think Muslims arent friendly. this is the first time i have attempted to reach out to Muslims and this is the response......am i welcome here or arent i?
Amal.A View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amal.A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 7:06pm
Hey....it's okay to be lost. It happens ...nobody can tell you what to believe you just have to come to that conclusion yourself. Take your time to truly get to know the religions out there and figure out what works for you. If you like the concept of Islam than inform yourself and see what happens.

Hope it works out

Amal

P.S don't take it personal regarding the lack of response..I posted something and only got two replies while 70 ppl viewed my post...guess they aren't into replying much here lol..

Edited by Amal.A - 18 May 2012 at 7:08pm
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by Contimplator Contimplator wrote:

Hi everyone.....

i think its obvious there is a God. i believe in that with my heart and soul. i like the concept Islam offers which is God is One and worthy of our worship. I like the fact that Islam doesnt seem to have any pagan roots, well not that i have discovered.

i have posted some questions in the non muslim section that are waiting for approval so please go over and have a read. help is appreciated.

peace

Hello and welcome Contimplator!

I think that if you believe in God, and want to get closer to Him, you will find a way. In Islam, we believe:

God (Allah) swt said: "I am as My servant thinks I am. I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself. And if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assembly better than it. And if he draws near to Me a hand's span, I draw near to him an arm's length. And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed." (Hadist Qudsi: Bukhari, Muslim, Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah)

Basically meaning that if a person is lost, and is trying to find God, God will help him come closer to Him and find the straight path. All we have to do is take the first step (having an intention to come closer to God is that first step).

We'd happy to answer (or help you find answers) to any questions you may have. Where do you live? Maybe we could suggest a nice Mosque in the city you are in and you could drop by and meet some muslims in person.

See you around!

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
docbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote docbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 5:42am
Welcome to the forum :)

Enjoy the forum and read this article:
http://www.sunnahonline.com/ilm/dawah/0007.htm

Edited by docbro - 25 May 2012 at 5:43am
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2012 at 12:16am
Originally posted by Contimplator Contimplator wrote:

Hi everyone.....

peace

I know about depression, stress, and sadness.  God is my answer.  Here are some words that help me.

We pray for blessings, we pray for peace
Comfort for family, protection while we sleep
We pray for healing, for prosperity
We pray for Your mighty hand to ease our suffering

All the while You hear each spoken need
Yet love us way too much to give us lesser things

'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears?

What if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You're near?

What if trials of this life
Are Your mercies in disguise?

We pray for wisdom, Your voice to hear
We cry in anger when we cannot feel You near
We doubt Your goodness, we doubt Your love
As if every promise from Your Word is not enough

And all the while You hear each desperate plea
And long that we'd have faith to believe

When friends betray us, when darkness seems to win
We know that pain reminds this heart
That this is not, this is not our home
It's not our home

What if my greatest disappointments
Or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst
This world can't satisfy?

And what if trials of this life
The rain, the storms, the hardest nights
Are Your mercies in disguise?
written by, Laura Story

I wonder if you might benefit from looking into Buddhism... inner peace.
I don't think God wants any soul to be suffering. Hug

I don't pay any attention to how many people view my posts.  Smile
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2012 at 1:21am
Hi ... And ur welcome to the IC. Wish u find what u want here but as for seeking the truth, you should consult a Muslim scholar and ask him face to face all ur questions and explain ur concerns. The forum is not a reliable source for such basic information. Some people here talk without knowldge and give u their personal opinion not God words. If you seek the truth go through the reliable channels. May Allah guide us to HIS LIGHT!
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic