IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Lost but looking  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lost but looking

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candy sunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2012 at 7:48pm
You said is very good.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2012 at 3:37am
Originally posted by Contimplator Contimplator wrote:

Hi everyone.....

i was baptised as catholic but when i was a teenager i started questioning things. i cant believe a man who came from a woman is God. i cant believe babies are born with sin. i cant believe that a man dies for our sins. these things were obvious to me. so i have removed myself from that religion.

at present i am just a lost soul. im depressed, stressed and deeply sad. how can i be content when im trying to find God's way but seem to get so lost.

i think its obvious there is a God. i believe in that with my heart and soul. i like the concept Islam offers which is God is One and worthy of our worship. I like the fact that Islam doesnt seem to have any pagan roots, well not that i have discovered.

i wAs into the whole conspiracy theory stuff and illuminati concept but that just takes me further from finding the answers i need.

i have posted some questions in the non muslim section that are waiting for approval so please go over and have a read. help is appreciated.

peace

As'alaamu Alaikkum

I too was a Catholic and from an early age I found Catholicism to be very hypocritical. For example, people would drink alcohol and then attend church and take the holy communion whilst the alcohol is still inside them. I also found that a man born to a woman could never be the son of god or god incarnated. Worst of all is the worship of the wooden cross.

I think the reason for your depression is that your soul is searching to fill the void, it is looking for God. If you are seriously searching then you are being guided by the Almighty and you should not ignore Him. Satan is taunting you to reject God and follow him instead, this is also another reason for you depression, one cannot truly be happy without God.

Islam is not a new religion, it was the religion given to father Adam (pbuh) and all the pious prophets of God. Islam itself means peace in Arabic and all the prophets and believers were Muslims which means one who has submitted to God.

God revealed the Torah to Moses (pbuh) and the Children of Israel decided to corrupt it and follow their own whims and desires. Then they called themselves Jews and the chosen people of God.

Then Jesus (pbuh) came with the same message that is to worship the One True God. Again his message was corrupted by individuals and they made Jesus (pbuh) into a deity.

God cursed the Jews and the Christians are astray so it is only fitting that He sent the final message and the final messenger to mankind until the Day of Resurrection.

After the establishment of Islam, the only way to salvation is through the final messenger Prophet Muhammed (pbuh).
thomaslee View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thomaslee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2012 at 8:46am
Comtimplator ,  do not give up the search for truth !  God is calling you out but you must seek to find  as Jesus said. Pray , read and fellowship and i believe God will honor that and reveal his plan for you !  Peace Cool
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic