IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : New Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Wonderful Experiences  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wonderful Experiences

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truebeliever510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wonderful Experiences
    Posted: 08 May 2012 at 2:19pm
Asalaamu alaikum everyone!

I wanted to post about some wonderful experiences I have had since reverting to Islam :)

A little over one month ago, I said Shahada with my co-worker (I posted about this earlier). Three weeks later, I made Shahada with the Imam at the Masjid in my area. Immediately afterward, I was greeted and embraced by every sister-some were crying tears of joy, some gave me a gift of money, one sister presented me with a gift bag including hajibs, a prayer rug, and two beautiful bangle bracelets-all from Makka-that actually touched the Kabbah! What a blessing I have found in my sisters! Not because of the gifts, but because of the welcome and love they are showing me.

This past Friday, I was invited to dinner at a sister's home. When I arrived at the Masjid, I received several hijabs as gifts from other sisters. What a wonderful surprise! During the service, a sister sat beside me and translated what the Imam was saying (the service is in Farsi I believe). After the service when I arrived at the sister's house, she told me that the dinner was for me! There were about 15-20 sisters there, and she had cooked everything herself to feed all of us. It was wonderful! She invited a teacher to the dinner especially for me, so that I could ask questions and speak with her privately about being new to Islam. What kind consideration all my sisters have shown me! They are all blessings to me.

I just wanted to share this with any sister who is new to Islam. Let the women know that you are new, and they will take care of you. Never feel like you are alone! You are not alone :)

Also, I have decided on my Muslim name: Fatima. I didn't know why, but this name kept popping into my head. I didn't even know whether or not it was a Muslim name until I asked a friend. How wonderful it was to learn about her, the Prophet's (PBUH) most cherished daughter!

Thank you for reading this, I hope this post helps the ones who read it to have faith that Allah will take care of them.

Salaam,

Fatima
PS I am sorry if I spelled anything wrong :)
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 7:38pm
Salam/Peace,

Congratulations, welcome to Islam. May God almighty guide and help you always.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic