IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HELP!  what 2 do ??  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HELP! what 2 do ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2012 at 10:50am
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

Well in some Muslim cultures the cost of the wedding alone makes marriage somewhat prohibitive.
And that I find absurd. I read that the mahr in those cultures can be unreasonably high also, so that it's not uncommon to start saving up money as early as in your teens, and that some men work (abroad) for years just to save up more money, so that they can afford get married, basically.

Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

Other places if he has a paycheck-to-paycheck salary, but is making a living wage relative to her expectations then there shouldn't be a problem.  I left what Muslim women are attracted to blank because it undoubtedly differs greatly.

And let's be thankful that it is so. I don't want to seem stingy, and of course one would want one's wedding to be nice and everything, but the cost if it all should be kept within the bounds of reality. At least in my case it'd have to.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2012 at 2:34pm
Yeah, sadly, high mahr and wedding costs, are likely a reason for much fitnah in society.  Wallahu Mustaan.
fais View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2012 at 3:30pm
Salam alaikum and ramadan mubaraq
hope u remeber me,the one whose wife asked divorce.
Like u now I also have a pretty daughter,I am abu juveria now.

Regards
Faisal
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2012 at 8:45pm
wa alaikum salaam Faisal/Abu Juveria!  Allah bless your family with good in this life and the next.  Welcome back.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic