IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HELP!  what 2 do ??  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HELP! what 2 do ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harun1209 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP! what 2 do ??
    Posted: 03 May 2012 at 3:09am
I am in my first marriage and in the 5th year of it. Things have gone dead and all dried up, all we do is make life miserable for us and her children who is 13, and 14. She has done just about everything within he last 2 marriages and doesn't want to try them with me. I don't have kids and want some but she cant and interferes too much between me and her kids who I have a nice relationship with. Sometimes she tells me to go and look for a different wife and move on but all my $$ is invested in this relationship and cant afford to restart. ARE THERE SISTERS WHO WOULD ACCEPT ME WHEN I NOW LIVE PAYCHECK TO PAYCHECK. I think that the way that we were brought up from 2 different ways have clashed rather than add taste.
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2012 at 10:48pm
I wish I could help but somehow I can't understand your problem clearly. Maybe if you explain more someone might give an advice.

Edited by Full of Hopes - 17 July 2012 at 10:48pm
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
lady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2012 at 12:02am
Assalaamoalaikum Harun. 
Originally posted by Full of Hopes Full of Hopes wrote:

I wish I could help but somehow I can't understand your problem clearly. Maybe if you explain more someone might give an advice.

I agree.

I hope that you will continue to work things out with your wife. 

Are you asking, if you get a divorce, then would there be another muslim sister who will be willing to marry you after having the knowledge that you are living  from pay check to pay check?

Hmmm. if this is your question, then yes, there are plenty of sisters who will marry a GOOD MUSLIM brother who is struggling financially. 

I hope that you have now found more peace in your marriage. 
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2012 at 8:41am
....and pay check to pay check is indeed relative to your profession.  Keep in mind that most Muslim women are attracted to.....
W.S. View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2012 at 11:59am
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

Keep in mind that most Muslim women are attracted to.....

Would you be so kind as to spell that out for me?
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2012 at 2:11pm
LOL
W.S. View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2012 at 12:26am
I was actually being serious. You're saying it's a guy with a high salary they want?
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2012 at 7:41am
Well in some Muslim cultures the cost of the wedding alone makes marriage somewhat prohibitive.  Other places if he has a paycheck-to-paycheck salary, but is making a living wage relative to her expectations then there shouldn't be a problem.  I left what Muslim women are attracted to blank because it undoubtedly differs greatly.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic