IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Increase Earthquakes Is A Sign Of Hazrat Mahdi  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Increase Earthquakes Is A Sign Of Hazrat Mahdi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2012 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by schmikbob schmikbob wrote:

The problem with anecdotal evidence is IT'S ANECDOTAL.  Unless you have some source in mind that I'm unaware of, earthquake frequency and strength is relatively stable down through the ages.  Data such as, "well I remember this one earthquake" or "what about Mount St Helens?" is not very convincing. 

I assume the data collection method is covering every jolt no matter where it occurs and how strong. But did not I wrote this to make a point: nobody lived at that particular place back then, so nobody talk about it?

You know what we discuss is what we have in memories, like Japan, Kashmir and --- barely new destructive earthquake in New Zealand, we don't talk about the earthquake that occurs well below the earth surface which does not concern people. But maybe they are on payroll to calm the population "Relax people this is not the thing to worry, it is just normal earth activity" after few thousand people killed and scores lost their homes? Sure the people will return to their ruins sooner or later regardless since that is where they belong. And when Christchurch was hit second time that too was nothing to add, the level activity still has not change.

Hey but you are right, if we blank out our memories life is truly sweet. If person still in tears in the cemeteries for the lost of the loved one let those scientist erase his / her memories about that lost loved one, so when it's done he / she would say: "What the hell I am doing here in the graveyard?".
schmikbob View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schmikbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2012 at 9:32pm
Can someone translate that?
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2012 at 8:29am
The 2004 tsunami was not a rare event. And neither was the one off the Japanese coast in 2011. Only Tepco thought so. Take a look at the history

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_historic_tsunamis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_earthquakes

The Qur'an and the Hadith does not contain true scientific knowledge. In fact, quite often it's the opposite. Drinking camel urine has no benefits. Milk is not good for people who are lactose intolerant. Full veils give women vitamin D deficiency. The list is very long.

Edited by Matt Browne - 25 July 2012 at 8:31am
A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
mjiqbalkhan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjiqbalkhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2012 at 10:56am
Holy Quran is not a book of history, so it is pretty senseless to
allege that it does not have true scientific knowledge. Quran is
a book of spiritual guidance, yet it discloses some scientific
facts which were not known to humanity till 20th century.

Ask Dr. Maurice or Garry Miller, if you want to confirm this fact.

We are here trying to see whether present earthquakes and tsunamis
are leading us to end of time, as has been prophesied in the Bible and
Quran.

I do not know, what is your problem, that you are poking your nose
in a subject that is beyond your realm.

Muhammad Javed Iqbal
schmikbob View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schmikbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2012 at 5:26pm
Wow, so determining "whether present earthquakes and tsunamis
are leading us to end of time" belongs in whose "realm" exactly?  I'd say that everything that occurs is leading us to the end of time.  Just when that end will occur is not a question that is answerable, by you or anyone else.  
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjiqbalkhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2012 at 5:58pm
It is in the  realm of believers . It is none of your business,
because you do not believe in God and hereinafter.

The fact that so called agnostics /atheists always interfere in religious
debates suggests that they are on the payroll of the powers that be.
If you do not believe in God, go enjoy your life, why you are wasting
your time and ours?
schmikbob View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schmikbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2012 at 6:07pm
Guess what newbie, you don't run this forum.  Religious debate is exactly that, debate about religion.  Since religion affects many aspects of everyone's life, including agnostics and even atheists, I can and will contribute to the discussion.  Just because you are uncomfortable with certain answers and questions is no reason to become hostile.  Maybe it is you that would be better served in another forum, like one that caters to children. 
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjiqbalkhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2012 at 6:14pm
That is another proof that you are on the payroll of someone and
do not want to be deprived of your wages.

As a Muslim, I can not cause loss of your job. But I shall continue to
expose your false and untenable rants, IA!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic