IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - can I work? without my husbands consent?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

can I work? without my husbands consent?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ma84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: can I work? without my husbands consent?
    Posted: 24 April 2012 at 4:18am
Asalaamu alaikum,

I have alot of concerns in my marriage and am trying to come up with a solution to make my marriage bearable...ive been married 10 months, im educated I have a degree and I worked for 6 years before my marriage, before marriage my husband agreed to let me work after marriage..but now he doesnt want me to work..his family is completely and heavily dependant on him financially even though he has a father and brother they dont work...which leaves me with very less..also I get very frustrated sitting at home because his mother is always creating problems in the house...even though he knows that me getting a job will keep me busy and avoid conflicts at home,he still wont allow me..also it will help me financially...i want to know if I can work get a job even if he doesnt allow me? I knw I shouldnt be disobeying him but I have no choice, he doesnt provide for me and makes excuses when I ask for money so I dont ask because he works hard and i dont want him to borrow money for m..ive also been so independant before marriage asking him again n again makes me nervous...his family takes all the money and live very well..we have no savings nothing planned for the future...me getting a job can help with savings as well...plz help im very depressed and I get sick all the time, my health is being affected to the point where I wont be able to have kids from the stress...thanks
HalaHala2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HalaHala2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by ma84 ma84 wrote:

Asalaamu alaikum,

I have alot of concerns in my marriage and am trying to come up with a solution to make my marriage bearable...ive been married 10 months, im educated I have a degree and I worked for 6 years before my marriage, before marriage my husband agreed to let me work after marriage..but now he doesnt want me to work..his family is completely and heavily dependant on him financially even though he has a father and brother they dont work...which leaves me with very less..also I get very frustrated sitting at home because his mother is always creating problems in the house...even though he knows that me getting a job will keep me busy and avoid conflicts at home,he still wont allow me..also it will help me financially...i want to know if I can work get a job even if he doesnt allow me? I knw I shouldnt be disobeying him but I have no choice, he doesnt provide for me and makes excuses when I ask for money so I dont ask because he works hard and i dont want him to borrow money for m..ive also been so independant before marriage asking him again n again makes me nervous...his family takes all the money and live very well..we have no savings nothing planned for the future...me getting a job can help with savings as well...plz help im very depressed and I get sick all the time, my health is being affected to the point where I wont be able to have kids from the stress...thanks
Salam sister.You've only been married 10 months? Relax yourself and concentrate on building a solid foundation for your marriage.May Allah bless you with patience.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic