IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Pillars of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Turn against other religions  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Turn against other religions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
W.S. View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turn against other religions
    Posted: 07 April 2012 at 8:37am
I spoke to a classmate recently about the Islamic prayer, and she told me about an assignment from when she was in high school a couple of years ago. As part of their presentation of their assignment, one group in her class had let the class "perform" the Islamic prayer, to have them get an idea of what the prayer is about. The group in question did not consist of Muslims.
My classmate told me that she sort of liked the prayer except for the part about turning against other religions; she said that there is a part where you're told to turn against other religions and that she didn't particularly like that. I then told her that there is no such thing in the prayer, and she answered back that maybe I have the politically correct version.
Nothing in the mandatory parts of the prayer tells you to turn against other religions. I wonder what she was talking about. If her classmates back then got the idea that Islam is a religion with a message of aggression, then that is very unfortunate.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic