IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - CRUCIFIED OR CRUCIPLAYED  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CRUCIFIED OR CRUCIPLAYED

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17181920>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahman Shaik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2013 at 5:29am
Originally posted by Placid Placid wrote:

Hi Rahman,

First I want to comment on the name Allah, --- I have seen it written Al-Lah, and in Mr Pickthall�s translation he says this:

Quote: --- Translators note: I have retained the word Allah throughout because there is no corresponding word in English. The word Allah (the stress is on the last syllable) has neither feminine nor plural, and has never been applied to anything other than the unimaginable Supreme Being. --- End of quote.
--- I understand �The Supreme Being� to be �Almighty God,� or �The God,� --- �The One God,� --- �The Only God.�

Following the pattern of Al-Islam, meaning �The Surrender,� --- and Al-Madinah, meaning �The City�
I have accepted that Al-Lah means, �The God,� --- �The Only God.�
And other Muslim translators use �God,� without the article, �The,� --- so it refers to �Almighty God,� --- the �Supreme Being,� our �One God,� --- does it not?

Hi Placid.,  You got this completely wrong !

It will be written Al-Lah .. for teaching you how to pronounce it but Allah is not Al-Lah for building the meaning (Similary your name will be written Plac-id .. have  you tried that?)

As I clarified earlier, Allah is not made of two words. Its a single word. There is no translation for it in to any language., it has to be translated as just "Allah" and nothing else. Translating it as God is also wrong.

Your quote above (Translators note) also says the same - did you not read it? Does it not say clearly what I am saying above? You contradicted yourself by assuming it as Al+Lah.  Lah does not mean God, Lah is not an arabic word and it has no meaning. So rest of your explanation is wrong. People have misconception that Allah means Al+Ilaah .. I know about this misconception but first time I have seen there is another misconception that Allah is Al+Lah.

Let me repeat it - Allah is the name of our creator, the supreme Almighty. Not only in Quran but in previous Holy Scriptures also. Jesus (PBUH) called him Allah and so did Moses (PBUH).

Also, please check this -> http://www.peshitta.org/lexicon

Its Aramaic online dictionary (Aramaic not Arabic).,  type God here and see what comes up! and Jesus (PBUH) spoke Aramaic.

Rational View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2013 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Placid Placid wrote:

Following the pattern of Al-Islam, meaning �The Surrender,� --- and Al-Madinah, meaning �The City�
I have accepted that Al-Lah means, �The God,� --- �The Only God.�
And other Muslim translators use �God,� without the article, �The,� --- so it refers to �Almighty God,� --- the �Supreme Being,� our �One God,� --- does it not?

Assalamo alaikom,

You are completely wrong here placid. It's unacceptable to make claims without having any knowledge in the matter and misleading others. The name of our Creator is Allah (subhanaho wata'ala). There is no 'Al' or 'lah'. It is one word, Allah. You should ask before making such false claims. I agree with everything that brother Shaik said (jazzak Allah khairun brother shaik). Allah's name has no meaning as far as we know. There is no "the" or "god" in His name almighty. Allah's name does not belong to a language as far as we know, it does not have a translation as far as we know.

Allah knows best.

Edited by Rational - 12 April 2013 at 2:14pm
الله
Kish View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2013 at 3:10pm

Originally posted by Rahman Shaik Rahman Shaik wrote:

It makes me feel miserable how can this small concept of Father and Son cause so much confusion?

That is why it is good to keep emotions, opinions and allegations out of religion and deal with solid historical and scriptural facts.

Can�t you understand God is calling his loved slaves or Prophets affectionately as Sons?

Okay true, so where does your god allah call his loved slaves and prophets affectionately as sons? What Sura?

Jesus (PBUH) is not the only one called Son.

However, he is God�s [YHWH] only Begotten son.

John 1: 2, 3 This one was in [the] beginning with God. 3 All things came into existence through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence.

Who was God referring to here Rahman, please tell? It was Jesus, his life did not begin on the earth. Jesus had a pre-human existence in heaven as Jesus himself admitted to the Romans. His life was transferred from heaven to the earth and holy spirit impregnated Mary. With God, all things are possible.

John 6:38 because I (Jesus) have come down from heaven to do, not my will, but the will of him that sent me.

John 1:14 So the Word became flesh and resided among us, and we had a view of his glory, a glory such as belongs to an Only-begotten son from a father; and he was full of undeserved kindness and truth.

John 3: 18 He that exercises faith in him is not to be judged. He that does not exercise faith has been judged already, because he has not exercised faith in the name of the Only-begotten Son of God.

The early Judeo and Gentile Christians as well as his early followers then and now accepted it which is all that really matters. Why? Because this is what Jesus taught them to believe! This is what the angel Gabriel told Mary and Joseph. Jesus called Mary his mother. If Islam choose not to believe, it�s a choice you have to live with I guess. It still doesn�t change the fact!

Father, son, wife � these are human relationships�.Son is the one who is born of your Sperm, Jeans , blood etc�Do you imply Jesus is born of these elements of God?

Of course not however, Jesus was made flesh. Yet you continue to use the term bio-logical. What�s up with that? You are the one looking at it in human terms. Even animals can produce and pass on life, why cannot God who is the creator of LIFE?

Nonetheless, this is what the Gospel and or the New Testament teaches and billions know it to be true.

Here is where the Quran quotes from the Gospel of Luke. . .

Luke 1: 26-33 26In her sixth month the angel Ga′briel was sent forth from God to a city of Gal′ilee named Naz′areth,27to a virgin promised in marriage to a man named Joseph of David�s house; and the name of the virgin was Mary.28And when he went in before her he said: �Good day, highly favored one, Jehovah is with you.�29But she was deeply disturbed at the saying and began to reason out what sort of greeting this might be.30So the angel said to her: �Have no fear, Mary, for you have found favor with God;31and, look! you will conceive in your womb and give birth to a son, and you are to call his name Jesus.32This one will be great and will be called Son of the Most High; and Jehovah God will give him the throne of David his father,33and he will rule as king over the house of Jacob forever, and there will be no end of his kingdom.�

This does not sound like any emotional, affectionate context here unless one is in a state of denial.

Colossians 1: 15, 16  He (Jesus) is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation; 16 because by means of him all [other] things were created in the heavens and upon the earth, the things visible and the things invisible, no matter whether they are thrones or lordships or governments or authorities. All [other] things have been created through him and for him.

So, not only is Jesus the First Born of ALL creation, we learn in the NT that Jesus is the ONLY Begotten Son of God, a position NO other creation of God holds in the heaven and on the earth.

Placid View Drop Down

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Placid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2013 at 5:57am
Hi,

Okay, I am wrong. Mr Pickthall says that there is no equivelent word in the English language for Allah.

Because I don't understand Arabic, I rely on the scholars that do, and in quranbrowser.com there are ten English translations of the Quran, and six of the ten use God in the place of Allah,

So it is well understood that The Supreme Being that is Allah in Arabic (with emphasis on Lah), is translated as God, who is the Supreme Beings to Christians.
Kish View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2013 at 8:34am

Thus the Father-Son relationships in Holy Scriptures are mentioned in a totally different context � emotional, affectional and spiritual sense only.

When Jesus died, there was a violent earthquake, and the Roman army officer in charge of the execution was moved to say: �Certainly this was God�s Son.� (Matt. 27:54)

Was this also taken out of context in which you wish to believe? A Roman army officer and an enemy of Christians even knew Jesus was God�s son.

But, Muslims who supposedly submit to God/Allah do not want to accept this teaching of their own Prophet.

You are mistakenly wrong! The God of the Holy Scriptures IS NOT the same god of the Quran. Why? Because the God of the Bible has an �only begotten son� Jesus in whom the Jews impaled and whom Islam rejects.

So, God sees those who call themselves Jews, Muslims or anyone who denies Jesus as the �son of God�  as all the same. They MUST accept Jesus Christ as their savior in order to be forgiving of blaspheme and of their sins. And that�s just for starters.

John 14:6 6Jesus said to him: �I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.7I

Rational View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2013 at 2:24pm
Kish, was Jesus (peace be upton him) crucified? And if so, why?

Edited by Rational - 15 April 2013 at 2:25pm
الله
Rahman Shaik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahman Shaik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2013 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by Kish Kish wrote:

In fact, mostly all your comparisons of Muhammad deals with a BLOOD thirsty, harsh arrogant leader who abused his power unlike Moses and of course Jesus! 

Kish, This is un-acceptable. You are abusing a prophet (PBUH) while we are respecting all Prophets (May Peace Be Upon them)

This is the true difference between us and you. There is no point in arguing with a person like you who has no sense of respect for other's religion and prophets. What happened to your personal feelings, sciputural support argument here?

To the forum moderators,

How can this abusive language against the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) be allowed? I request you to ban this person's posts.

Rational View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2013 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by Kish Kish wrote:

In fact, mostly all your comparisons of Muhammad deals with a BLOOD thirsty, harsh arrogant leader who abused his power unlike Moses and of course Jesus!

I also vote that this user must be banned immediately. This is not the first time he displays his hatred nor do I think it's his last.

Edited by Rational - 16 April 2013 at 8:08pm
الله
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17181920>
  Share Topic