IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Spells...some weird stuff to ask about  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spells...some weird stuff to ask about

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spells...some weird stuff to ask about
    Posted: 29 September 2005 at 7:35am

I see.

about disposing them, I still stand by my words thou, they are your husbands papers and he needs to agree to getting rid of them.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
222dnallohc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 222dnallohc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2005 at 7:08pm

Angel,

I was told by my husband that they are some sort of "protection" for him- he thought they were a spell...and if they were ever to by unwrapped and opened that he was instructed to do all kinds of strange things, like open it under water then throw it in the ocean.  And one of them looks like its written in blood on the back of an animal skin.  I don't see how such things can protect a person.  To me, I consider this some sort of charm and its forbidden to have such things.  A person must seek refuge in Allah directly and doesnt need strange symbols and writings on papers and dead animal skins.  My husbands mother is a person who believes in (and goes to) fortune tellers, so something like this from her with such instructions on how to open them is unIslamic in my opinion.  The most unfortunate part is that whoever wrote them used the name of Allah (swt) in this way.

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2005 at 9:47am

Bismillah,

Ummziba and Rami, you have given me a lot to think about.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2005 at 7:30am
Originally posted by 222dnallohc 222dnallohc wrote:

My dilemma is just what to do with them now...is it right for me to dispose of such a thing

That is a decision between you and your husband, and since its his papers he has to agree.

Just curious, if you cannot understand what the papers say, how do you know it is a spell ?

And if one of them is asking protection for your husband from Allah, I presume that is what you understand, then what is the problem in keeping them ? how is that a spell (of a good luck charm?) ?

Many people ask for protection from God.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2005 at 5:41pm
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

assalamu alaikum

Alhamdulillah sister, i thought you didnt believe it existed but you are corect those who have faith in allah are pretected but we cant say they can not be harmed. Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) who no one can have greater faith than him was affected by it, so allah can allow it to affect us no matter what we do as trial or expiation for our sins or any other reason allah chooses no one is 100% protected from it.

What is important to remeber is that it is by the will of allah.

Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2005 at 1:54pm

Assalamu alaikum,

Dear Brother Rami, I do not wish to argue with you, as I respect you too much.  Let me just say my last on this subject.  I have not denied that magic doesn't exist, of course it can corrupt or affect those who do not take refuge in Allah.

My point is only enforced by surah al falaq, that no one who takes refuge in Allah can be harmed by evil.  It is the constant remembering of Allah, being steady in our prayers, fasting, doing good deeds and keeping Allah always on our mind and in our heart that protects a believer from magic and other evil. 

That is exactly my point.  Only those who forget Allah, are weak in faith or are weak minded can be bothered by magic.  The blessed remembrance of Allah protects us and He tells us so exactly in surah al falaq.  Magic cannot have any power over a believer who seeks refuge in Allah.

I do not wish to lead anyone astray.  Allah is crystal clear in the Qur'an!  Allah, azza wa jal, protects those who seek refuge in Him.  We don't need amulets or charms or spells or mumbo jumbo, we only need Allah, and Mighty and Majestic is He!

May Allah shower you with Blessings, Brother, and may He keep us all on the straight path! 

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2005 at 11:58am
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

asslamu alaikum

Ummzibba  black magic does exist and so does the evil eye. They are both  mentioned in the Quran and sunnah.

I sugest you read the sirah of the prophet becouse he became under the influence of magic, by the will of allah. It was nothing more than an illness but its cause was magic.

Quote After the demise of H.Suleiman (A.S.) many people started claiming that he used to indulge in magic to achieve such a huge kingdom. Hence, the Jews in particular claimed that magic is a good action and is not prohibited. The basic motive was to cleanse their own hands and to make their own magic business successful. The following verse of the Holy Quran vouches for this fact and furthermore informs us about some aspects of magic:

�And they followed what the shaitans chanted of sorcery in the reign of Sulaiman, and Suleiman was not an unbeliever, but the shaitans disbelieved, they taught men sorcery and that was sent down to the two angels at Babel, Harut and Marut, yet these two taught no man until they had said, �surely we are only a trial, therefore do not be a disbeliever.� Even then men learned from these two, magic by which they might cause a separation between a man and his wife; and they cannot hurt with it any one except with Allah�s permission, and they learned what harmed them and did not profit them, and certainly they know that he who bought it should have no share of good in the hereafter and evil was the price for which they sold their souls; had they but known this.� Al-Baqarah 2: 102

The Jews were adamant in propagating the thought that H.Suleiman (A.S.) indulged in magic. Hence, the Holy Quran had to clarify distinctly that H.Suleiman (A.S.) was a Prophet of Allah (S.W.T.) he did not commit magic. Here the verse uses the words �Unbeliever� and �disbelieved� for magic! This verily denotes the intensity of this crime. A person becomes a disbeliever in the realm of action once he indulges in magic!

Insha Allah when i have time i will type out the full account of these two angels and why they came to earth.

Al falaq

YUSUFALI: Say: I seek refuge with the Lord of the Dawn
PICKTHAL: Say: I seek refuge in the Lord of the Daybreak
SHAKIR: Say: I seek refuge in the Lord of the dawn,

YUSUFALI: From the mischief of created things;
PICKTHAL: From the evil of that which He created;
SHAKIR: From the evil of what He has created,

YUSUFALI: From the mischief of Darkness as it overspreads;
PICKTHAL: From the evil of the darkness when it is intense,
SHAKIR: And from the evil of the utterly dark night when it comes,

YUSUFALI: From the mischief of those who practise secret arts;
PICKTHAL: And from the evil of malignant witchcraft,
SHAKIR: And from the evil of those who blow on knots,

YUSUFALI: And from the mischief of the envious one as he practises envy.
PICKTHAL: And from the evil of the envier when he envieth.
SHAKIR: And from the evil of the envious when he envies

Edited by rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
222dnallohc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 222dnallohc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2005 at 11:02am

Asalamu Alaikum,

We have found that one of the papers is like a protection for my husband...like a "good luck charm".  It is very difficult to read the handwriting, but we do know that it does mention Allah many times.  The other one, we are not able to read at all, so we dont know if its another "good luck charm/protection" or something meant to bring harm to me.  In any case, I understand it to be haram to believe in such things...the way it is written and wrapped up suggests to me that it a "charm" which is forbidden.  My dilemma is just what to do with them now...is it right for me to dispose of such a thing when it mentions Allah....?  This is a new learning experience for me.

Thank you for the responses.  It is an interesting discussion, since its clear that people have very different views on the subject.

JazakAllahkhairan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic