IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Alhamdulillah!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alhamdulillah!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alhamdulillah!
    Posted: 14 September 2005 at 9:39am

Assalamu alaikum,

Some may say "a waste of a post!", but, I am so happy, I just wanted to tell about it!

Now, this may seem silly or strange to those of you who live around a lot of Muslims, but, for me, today was the first day I ever sat in the same room with 4 other Muslimahs!  We have such a tiny community here, and now, alhamdulillah, a new family - now we are five families!

The new ones are newlyweds, just one month!  I am really the old lady of the group!  What a joy to have four Muslim sisters in real life - alhamdulillah!  More Arabs, which means more opportunity for me to pick up the odd word or phrase!  Now we have Egyptians, Palestinians, Jordanians and Algerians, and me, the really pale one!    Alhamdulillah, may our little family continue to grow!

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
revert786 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote revert786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2005 at 11:26am
mahallah thats really nice sister...its nice to have muslim sisters in real life its like u share a bond...so thats really nice you have some in your life now!
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2005 at 2:07pm

Wa alaikum Salam Sister

Masha Allah this is great.

I am very happy for you.

In the society where I live, I am surrounded by Muslims but unfortunately we are too busy with our own affairs to appreciate and enjoy the companionship of other Muslimahs.

That is why I am looking for companionship in cyber world.

Take care

Salams

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2005 at 9:09am

Bismillah,

Ma'Shah Allah, Ummziba!  I'm pleased to hear of your happy situation.  May Allah, SWT, bless and increase all of you.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2005 at 11:23am

Assalamu alaikum,

All praise is to Allah only!  Thank you for the nice thoughts everyone!

Peace, ummziba.

cartersmama View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cartersmama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2005 at 12:29am

Ma'Shah Allah, Ummziba! Yippy! I totaly catch your vibe chica! That is so cool! I'm down here in Utah and every time I happen to see anyone wereing any kind of hijab looking scarf i have to investigat so far in my community there are about 5 ladies that I know. Unfortunatly one of them doesn't speak english nor do I Arabic, (inshalah, yet) and one of them I've only met once. The other two are good buds of mine.

ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2005 at 5:53am

Assalamu alaikum Sister cartersmama,

What a great opportunity for you!  Perhaps you could help the Arabic speaking lady with her English in return for her helping you with your Arabic!  Do keep in close contact with these other ladies as they will be invaluable to you in dealing with your family!

Peace, ummziba.

cartersmama View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cartersmama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2005 at 9:37am

Asalamalakum,

Happy Ramadan everyone, well onlmost

Ok we are to fast, and twards the end theres a special night and Eid

This is all I know about Ramadan, other than thats when the profet Muhamad (PBH) was told the Quran, and I try to study but life does happen when you have a child so please am I missing something? I know we will recive more blessings for this month than others. I know that fasting doesn't just involve not eating from morning prayer till night, it basicaly involves being at your best.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic